So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Giant Boulder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

As a proud owner of a Karma skin, I'm glad to finally see this information. Though I have a question, was she remade to be a proper support or can she still fulfill a mid lane role?

InertBlowfish

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Here's the thing. We want to retain but we also want to advance. We want to advance the story, the gameplay and the look. We want to make sure that as the player experience evolves, the content evolves as well. This is unique in the industry. Not a lot of companies get the chance to reiterate on their older content. This is an amazing opportunity that we have for relaunch to strengthen and remake a solid foundation for champion which we see opportunities for more people to enjoy.
Give my love to whoever did that background in that splash

http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws....rma_Splash.jpg

I can't stop looking at it.

Noraver

03-06-2013

Wow..

I must say, I'm incredibly proud of you, Riot. She looks absolutely amazing. And the fact that you added an extra skin for her, just to keep old Karma players happy, just simply goes above and beyond.

I'm VERY impressed. I cannot WAIT to see what you do with Sejuani and Trundle.

You never cease to amaze me.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

03-06-2013
5 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazanshu View Post
I'm so happy right now my Karma <3 also Riot shouldn't the skin be handed it for those who had her before today rather then relaunch date? Or do you mean the Taiwanese relaunch O_o.
We mean before the day of the relaunch hitting the live servers. We know that people will go and get Karma right now for the skin- it's no surprise.

The relaunch team felt strongly that we wanted to create a new look for Karma - but we also wanted to give current Karma faithfuls and new adopters both a way to enjoy a new take on her original look. The black/white theme, the more reserved appearance, and more were all things we decided to put into this 'Traditional' skin.

PiggySaysWhat

03-06-2013

I always did like her fans though. I thought it was an interesting thing, though I understand why you'd do away with it. It's a niche design that is clearly not the "Streamlined Fantasy" look you're aiming at these days. Which, makes me sad but certainly not sad enough not to play her or LoL.

Still, with that said, I think it's a great new look, even if it really is an entirely different concept. I'm most interested to see how you'll rework her two skins. Since, especially her geisha skin was heavily focused on the concept of fans. It'll be sad if they end up just becoming palette swaps in green or orange and maybe a new headpiece thrown on.

Weirding ways

03-06-2013

MY...GOD....
I would not have thought this possible.
I gave up hope. After years of hints and rumors, I chalked them up to mere fantasies.
She looks awesome, and now looking forward to seeing her reworked abilities

Erestem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

I really love Karma's existing kit. I hope the rework keeps the spirit of her initial design intact while making her the badass she deserves to be!

Hellioning

03-06-2013

Quote:
Here's the thing. We want to retain but we also want to advance. We want to advance the story, the gameplay and the look. We want to make sure that as the player experience evolves, the content evolves as well. This is unique in the industry. Not a lot of companies get the chance to reiterate on their older content. This is an amazing opportunity that we have for relaunch to strengthen and remake a solid foundation for champion which we see opportunities for more people to enjoy.
ITT: Karma is no longer Karma.

Karma now looks COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Sure, this is a good thing if they don't like what Karma looks like now, but for people who do, like myself, this is really irritating. I enjoy her because she's understated and tasteful. While her new look isn't the most ridiculous clothing in the game, it's much worse then what she looks like now.

I like the color, admittedly, purple is a good look, but it completely loses the balance and duality of her current look and the symbolism it brings.

At least we get her traditional look for free.

I just hope the new voice acting isn't...how do you say it? 'I AM BADASS'. Because I like her old sounds.

I get that there were very few people that played her, and I'm holding out for her gameplay changes, but as is, I'm not looking forward to her visual rework.

And this isn't inspiring confidence for the sej rework you guys are planning...

Overlord Forte

03-06-2013

Quote:
The core issue being the direction you're advancing in might not be agreeable to the consumers.

If Traditional Karma is the matronly diplomat, then New Karma is a super heroine from an Asian Marvel/DC Comic. The directional change is a whiplash between her established atmosphere and the new direction.

I like the emphasis of power in her design. I don't like the loss of her more regal attributes as a means to portray that.

(This is also to a greater extent my core issue with Syndra's visual design)

skippymcgee

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
We mean before the day of the relaunch hitting the live servers. We know that people will go and get Karma right now for the skin- it's no surprise.

The relaunch team felt strongly that we wanted to create a new look for Karma - but we also wanted to give current Karma faithfuls a way to enjoy a new take on her original look. The black/white theme, the more reserved appearance, and more were all things we decided to put into this 'Traditional' skin.
And yet still no fans. That was genuinely my favorite part, aesthetically, of Karma. Oh well..