So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcane Azmadi

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saolue View Post
Some Asian team used her actually in season two... So yeah... they won both of the matches...
I remember that, even if you don't. They won the first match because it was a cheese comp. They lost the second, badly.

Thornmaelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
It's case-by-case, mostly depending on if the personality or theme has little going on overall. Many champs are fine here, some will need heavier lifting.
As long as Heimerdinger doesn't lose his ridiculous waddleswagger walk of assured victory, I will be satisfied.
That waddle is worth more to me than Karma's fans ever did.

Brennivin

03-06-2013

Quote:
Thanks - this is informative.

Because of the rig and how things "work" (shorthand), the fans won't be returning here, but I think that these might have been more important to some die-hard Karma fans than we originally thought.

As our first full overhaul, we want to make sure if there are additional considerations that we take them into account when approaching these. While our decisions can quite possibly at least put off a few players with this kind of stuff, it is food for thought next time.
Not to mention that now there is room for another fan user, someone acrobatic and agile, and actually ATTACKS with fans. /o/

As a heavy Karma (mid) player, I'm going to miss the fans because her being a fan user is the reason I bought her, but everything else definitely makes up for it.

Thank you.

Walram Amani

03-06-2013

Whoever did the art that was leaked needs to get ****ing fired because it looks stupid as hell, and in comparison to this, like a different person

Ceredron

03-06-2013

Quote:

Because of the rig and how things "work" (shorthand), the fans won't be returning here, but I think that these might have been more important to some die-hard Karma fans than we originally thought.

As our first full overhaul, we want to make sure if there are additional considerations that we take them into account when approaching these. While our decisions can quite possibly at least put off a few players with this kind of stuff, it is food for thought next time.
You didn't think the fans would be important? Basically, "Heh we didn't think anybody cared ~ Morello", or "lol who cares about fans ~ Morello"

No fans anywhere. Welp, what should we call this new champion, Karmarelia? Something else, cause this seems like it's just gonna be someone new altogether. Stellar research there, Riot, real crack detectives you got on your dev teams.

Koronisz

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walram Amani View Post
Whoever did the art that was leaked needs to get ****ing fired because it looks stupid as hell, and in comparison to this, like a different person
You should learn to read before posting dumb ****

Whipblade

03-06-2013

Really impressed with the response to the leak. Most companies just say, "We don't comment on rumor or speculation." and that just serves to upset and alienate players. Riot chose the right road to take and share what they could, and then some.

Awesome work, guys.

Eve The Ripper

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
We mean before the day of the relaunch hitting the live servers. We know that people will go and get Karma right now for the skin- it's no surprise.

The relaunch team felt strongly that we wanted to create a new look for Karma - but we also wanted to give current Karma faithfuls a way to enjoy a new take on her original look. The black/white theme, the more reserved appearance, and more were all things we decided to put into this 'Traditional' skin.
What was the thought process behind removing her more reserved look? I can appreciate 'powerful, spiritual leader' but I can't see the parallel between that and 'less reserved look.' Perhaps she should look more inspiring than calm, but did she really have to bare her legs and shoulders to do that? Her new pose and color scheme gave her a vibrant leader look without the cut-to-the-butt style dress. Was there a purpose to those decisions beyond making her have more *** appeal?

Take note, I'm not saying she's too sexy now. It's a change I don't like, but not one that I believe was inherently wrong, like it would have been if she was MF/Ahri level sexual. However, her previously muted sexuality comprised a large part of her character for me. She clearly had more important things on her mind than looking sexually attractive. She was enlightened, above human carnal desires. This new take has her making significant decisions that seem to play directly into said desires. Not a terrible thing for anyone, but it feels out of place both on the old Karma and the new one, based on what you've said about her lore.

Sakuri Ono

03-06-2013

Quote:

Why not compromise and throw us this bone: The next Skin Karma receives, after her re-launch, will be fan-centric. (A large floating fan holding her energy center behind her, fan shaped attacks, fan patterns on her clothing; just to suggest a few things.)

Torchide

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaJayce View Post
Wait didn't Janna make her fans?
Her dead parents did. Fans were the only memento she had left of her hometown and life before the war.

guess not.