So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirKillsOlot

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
We mean before the day of the relaunch hitting the live servers. We know that people will go and get Karma right now for the skin- it's no surprise.

The relaunch team felt strongly that we wanted to create a new look for Karma - but we also wanted to give current Karma faithfuls a way to enjoy a new take on her original look. The black/white theme, the more reserved appearance, and more were all things we decided to put into this 'Traditional' skin.
ohh that's why she's black now

Zinwrath

03-06-2013

Looks good, well handled too. Just was on other games i play forums and it REALLY puts things in perspective on how much infinitely more in tune and better managed riot is vs other game companys.

But as i'm not a big lore guy (rarely read that stuff though i did find what little i read interesting)
and the art isnt a super big deal to me (though i do think it looks like an improvement)
I'll be just sitting chill till i get a look at those new abilitys. Wanna see how shes going to fit into the game now. Havent seen her picked in ranked in what feels like a year.

AL Penguin

03-06-2013

I hope she a) still have skills that go to level 6, b)have cool contradictory ult/non-ult skills (q to damage q* to heal, e to shield e* to damage, w to harrass, w* to chase) c)not ****ty.

I kinda liked the matronly feel of karma.

Torchide

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpluff View Post
"We didn't feel as if Trundle fit the kind of design we were originally intending and was a bit too gross for most summoners. Now, I'm pleased to introduce her(!!!) new re-imaginging, Trundelle, The Buxom Troll Half-Breed. Now with 100% more boobs and butt."
riot pls

imaloony

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Additionally, Karma originally only had two fans, and we wanted to increase that amount by removing the fans.
That was a Winston Churchill-level quip, kudos Morello.

Peacë

03-06-2013

I really loved the fans. If her new look turns out better, I will be ok with that. If not, I will complain later. I'll keep an open mind .

Jinkx Monsoon

03-06-2013

I like the new look and all but my only problem is that it doesnt exactly scream 'Ionian' as much as her original does. Something about the colours and the fact that she's not at least 85% covered. She doesn't portray 'dignitary', but she certainly still looks like 'the enlightened one'. Perhaps that's just because I'm accustomed to her original look, but who knows.

Oh well. At least she's not as oversexualized as she COULD have been, given that this is the first time riot has completely redone a champion.

Crazed Lemmings

03-06-2013

Super cool! Love the direction you took her!

Now make a champ that uses fans to blow away/slice up her opponents

Saolue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivini View Post
I disagree with that decision. My special snowflake syndrome will flare up and I will throw a hissy fit, like when Goth Annie was almost going to be sold separately in the store for a limited time.

/sarcasm
Well said friend. I think a lot of people already are... the fact that they are doing it pisses me off as well... I mean, we went through so much with her, flaming and harass, and yet, everyone gets the piece of her we love the most?

Koronisz

03-06-2013

I'm blown away by how you guys approached the new look default skin dilemma (by giving her a traditional one). Honestly you guys could have gotten greedy and decided to charge for that now default skin but you didn't (is Hippalus on vacation or something?!).

About the concerns that people have raised:
- Karma loses her fans:
Personally I think you guys could easily get out of this one by making her pull one out and fan herself during the recall/taunt animation.

-The new traditional does not look like the current one:
http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws....itional_SS.jpg
vs
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/ve3d/image...screenshot.jpg

Perhaps you guys could squeeze in some extra hours and give her her robe back?

Thanks again. With the latest addition of the new pings and this announcement, you guys gone up in my esteem. I'm actually tempted of spending some $$ into the shop now xD