So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Additionally, Karma originally only had two fans, and we wanted to increase that amount by removing the fans.
WIN!

Morello, the New NEW Math teacher!

Sasnak

03-06-2013

Quote:
I don't actually understand this. Did you expect the model to remain low-res? Is this a fan/no-fan thing? I want to understand, but this is really confusing that this is a feeling someone has on this.
In all honesty? It's a fan/no-fan thing. I'd be ecstatic about this if the fans weren't removed...It's just not right. It's just too much...

Karma may be the least popular champion, but as someone who rushed his ip when first starting to play just to get her and learn her as my champ, this departure is just too far. It looks great, really, it does, but why must the fans be removed? It is just part of her...Karma is the fan using champion...and now she isn't...now she is something completely different, even in the traditional skin.

Us Karma players have been excited about this VU/Kit Rework, but I think it is hard to explain how this can rub us the wrong way. I'm sure we would all agree that we think this VU is gorgeous, but it just isn't our Karma. When we heard VU/Rework, none of us thought that it would mean this radical of a change...a removing of her fans...a reworking of her lore...

If it is the final direction you are taking Riot, I can respect that...but this isn't the same Karma as many of us know/love now...and while I can even dig more of a focus on the 'Enlightened One,' I just don't understand removing her fans, such a large part of what made Karma who she is.

I just want to reiterate that this VU is beautiful, and I appreciate all the work Riot is devoting to Karma, as she is a champ who needs it...no one denies that. I just feel after looking through all of this, as a current Karma player, I can't help but be a little depressed at the direction currently being taken.

Wonton55

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
A WILD SCARIZARD APPEARS!

Hey dudes! As you might know by now, i'm heading up the Karma Relaunch from the design side, and i bring good news - we are changing her kit. While i don't want to go too in-depth just yet, i wanted to drop in to this thread and answer this question, as it's one i've heard a lot and am sure will continue to be a concern.

Karma was re-imagined in our eyes as a support-mage. Think Lux, Morgana, Orianna - the kinds of characters that scale just as well with ability power as they do cooldown reduction and provide a lot to the team in the way of supporting their efforts. As a support-mage, she won't necessarily have the exact same specialized strengths as say Nami or Thresh (who were primarily designed as duo-lane support champions), but brings a mixed bag of damage and utility that we hope will leave you able to affect the outcome of teamfights and skirmishes alike no matter what lane you want to take her.

I'll be back with specifics on her abilities and mechanics as we get closer to her PBE release.
Do you mind answering what happened to Guinsoo? I'm really curious as to what happened there. His twitter makes it seem like he's no longer at Riot...

Philosopher Xys

03-06-2013

Quote:
Additionally, Karma originally only had two fans, and we wanted to increase that amount by removing the fans.
Not very polite, are you Morello? I like the fans better.

Symphony RegaIia

03-06-2013

Give me my sexy dark-skinned woman now.

Veelivar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azbroolah View Post
As a Karma player I am more than satisfied with the visual rework. It looks stunning.
That's fine. There is no issue with you liking it.

But there are a bunch of Karma players who DO have issues with it, and making snarky jabs at their concerns isn't the way for a red to address them. :X

Cagonaso

03-06-2013

Hey Riot staff. I already mentioned how much i love this rework, being a karma player from day 1.

However it seems that a lot of people will miss the fans. I won't miss them much honestly, but do you think it will be possible in the future for a new champion to appear, which incorporates the fans into the gameplay? I would love to see that, it was one of the elements that drew me to karma in the first place.

skippymcgee

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonic Instinct View Post
I don't quite get what you are saying here. Does Vintage Karma = Traditional Karma? If so, then why is it now a skin that's going to be for sale, when it was stated it would be free?
People who purchase Karma within two weeks of the VU will be able to purchase the "traditional" skin. Meanwhile, people that purchased her before the VU will have her for free.

Kabitzy

03-06-2013

There is one thing I want to know.

I do not enjoy this new Karma remake, and I own the old skins. What if I hate how Sakura/Sun Godess come out in the remake? I bought them because I enjoyed how they looked. If I no longer enjoy them after the remake I should be entitled to a refund for them. Will that be available?

ShootyMcGunshot

03-06-2013

Quote:
Maybe so, but I think if that's the only price we pay (and with the new rig, the fans had to go), I think it's extremely minor for the gains.
Why not make the thing on her back a fan for her traditional skin?