So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Siigari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
Because it is better to have players throw a hissy fit about possibly losing a look they love? Like they have already been...
I'm already bitter they're taking away a fun playstyle instead of making a few changes. A new champion along these lines would have been cool, but instead they're literally ripping her to pieces and making her appear to be some psuedo-Irelia.

How is that not reason for a hissy-fit? We wanted Karma to be viable, we didn't want her to be a shadow of what she once was.

This skin? Yeah that's just PAX Sona all over again.

Yoruichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

I love my Karma. The visual rework looks amazing, and confirmation that she still has her mantra makes me happy as well.

Can't wait to see what we have in store. I only played her AP mid, I hope that she is still as powerful in that role as she is in her re-imagined support role after these changes.

Bravo

Rauron

03-06-2013

I like how Reds are just ignoring all criticism. So, when launched, she's still going to have a broken spine and half the clothing she wore before, same way Lux still has her spine completely destroyed.

L0RD 0f P3NGU1N5

03-06-2013

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT!

Who's Karma?

Shibley

03-06-2013

Thank you. So happy I bought Karma a long time a go. Been waiting for this for some time now.

VexTheHex

03-06-2013

I'm excited, I always love the VU's and this one was truly a homerun. You have improved upon her soo much, she looks beautiful. With the Chinese artwork depicting her extremely pale, I was honestly a tad worried she'd get pale and am very happy that isn't the case and she stayed darker skinned. I'm excited to see what you have done to her Kit! It's always held me back from calling her one of my favorite champions and from playing her often, so I'm really excited to see what she does not! I tend to lean towards Mid with her, so I'm happy with the news about her being a Utility mage like Morgana, Lux, and Orianna.

I think the Traditional skin for her a brilliant idea to satisfy the original Karma lovers. It's sad a bunch of people who would report and mock Karma players will just rush and buy her for the free skin now, but I think it's with a good heart you guys have made this choice and I think all the Karma fans appreciate the gesture.

Temjen

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
Alright so I got the final word here.

Vintage Karma will be available for purchase for two weeks after Karma officially hits the live servers. After that, Vintage Karma will be retired to our legacy skins vault.

Karma's IP / RP prices will not change on her launch.

As for Karma being a reward for her old fans, it's a question of what you value. You already own Karma and if you liked her old aesthetic, this is the opportunity to get retain that. If you want to be known far and wide as the first Karma adopter in the world, that might be a little more difficult ;(
Good, at least now the information is out there. Thanks!

Seems like a perfectly fair way to do things, but no doubt you'll get complains.

Luninareph

03-06-2013

You got rid of her fans.

You GOT RID. Of her FANS.

You changed her gown into skirt panels, cut off her hair, and GOT RID OF HER FANS.

I...this is crushing news. This is a gorgeous, gorgeous visual rework, and it is not what I wanted at all. Even the knowledge that I will be able to keep her old color scheme and hairstyle with the Traditional skin doesn't do much to soften the blow of the complete removal of her gown and her fans.

I'm sure this is going to make her much more popular and mainstream. I'm glad so many of the people posting here are so pleased with it. I'm certainly not going to stop playing Karma or anything ridiculous like that. But I am not pleased with it. I am not pleased with it at all. And that is putting it very, very, VERY mildly.

I don't suppose we can hope for a new fan-wielding champion or a slew of new ballgown skins to make up for everything we're losing in this Karma rework, can we...?

Luna Wolf

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
the Harrowing 2012, Christmas Kat recall, Goth Annie and now this Karma skin....

can never win huh?
It is how it is dude. Can't make everyone happy. That's just silly.

Crafty B1tch

03-06-2013

So this has been a huge matter of discourse between my boyfriend and I. Is Karma's Sun Goddess Skin inspired by Mayan imagery?