So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theatre

03-23-2013

i'm thinking yes. this skill set is a nice change. but there are definite things that make me sad about this. skill was a big part about karma. this seems to be opening it up to less skilled players which isn't bad. the lack of healing allies is a bit of a downer as i use that constantly. the lack of multiple mantra sucks because now you have to focus on getting every chance for a spell to hit in. this also means you cant leash for extra speed then burst with the shield. or shield and heal. there are lots of ways to work her current skill set and the new one seems to hold to a set combo similar to how other champs are set to almost a single combo. this seems to be simply a way of simplifying her skill set but also taking away a lot of the options that those who knew the ins and outs could use.

Josh de Tonreau

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatre View Post
i'm thinking yes. this skill set is a nice change. but there are definite things that make me sad about this. skill was a big part about karma. this seems to be opening it up to less skilled players which isn't bad. the lack of healing allies is a bit of a downer as i use that constantly. the lack of multiple mantra sucks because now you have to focus on getting every chance for a spell to hit in. this also means you cant leash for extra speed then burst with the shield. or shield and heal. there are lots of ways to work her current skill set and the new one seems to hold to a set combo similar to how other champs are set to almost a single combo. this seems to be simply a way of simplifying her skill set but also taking away a lot of the options that those who knew the ins and outs could use.
they're actually making her more complex with the 1 mantra charge and the q
the mantra will decide things, and her new skillshot = ....more skill so.....

Xx Rayana xX

03-23-2013

You guys should not give the free Traditional Karma skin, because people are buying Karma just for her skin. That's what you did to Goth Annie, in some sort.

m0ng0l

03-23-2013

Is it just me, or does getting rid of her old passive essentially negate any reason still naming her "Karma"? They might as well change her name as well now, there is no "karma" involved in her kit.

I'd love to see the passive stay as it is unique and sets up some great baits and last ditch plays, i disagree that it rewards players for bad play (getting low on HP). Rather it makes her more of a threat to finish off and that makes for some really exciting circumstances.

I call for her new passive to be an inherent part of her Mantra and give her back her old passive, or at least in some form or fashion. I'm not sure if this would add too much power to her but at least it's unique and fits with her name.

P.S. I do really love many of the changes, they are awesome. Her new passive is just one huge issue i've seen brought up a lot and these are my thoughts on the matter.

DemiluniS

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx Rayana xX View Post
You guys should not give the free Traditional Karma skin, because people are buying Karma just for her skin. That's what you did to Goth Annie, in some sort.
nothing bad about it, stop being so selfish

L33tT4rd

03-23-2013

New Karma is more mage-y IMO. Less of a supportive role. She can't heal her team anymore for example.

I kinda like her new mage-status but it's just not Karma anymore. It's a new champ. As someone said before "Karma's sister....but not Karma".

Please Riot, don't change her. I like her kit where it stands now 8(. Only minor tweak is her Mantra CD.

ShrunkenJedHeads

03-23-2013

Is it just me or is she kinda like Leblanc now??? Their R and W's are similar IMO

Teamslash

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh de Tonreau View Post
they're actually making her more complex with the 1 mantra charge and the q
the mantra will decide things, and her new skillshot = ....more skill so.....
Nope, Live W positioning trumps that in terms of skillcap.

ZaydeOrigin

03-24-2013

what's ap?

KyliaL

03-24-2013

haha