So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PsychoSim

03-22-2013

I will miss the farm-ability of Spirit Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...pcmfyuA#t=116s

I mean, come on... anyone who watches that video absolutely needs to play her, like a man. lol.

But I'm glad she's getting looked at.

Dextrocasual

03-22-2013

Great video, psychosim, I loled.

But seriously, I'll say it again. Taking away the AOE heal was a sting.

Taking away her passive is a slap in the face.

Also, screw her new voice and sayings. I always rock my sun goddess but now if I play her I will most likely use the traditional skin just so I can feel like I am playing even remotely the same champion.

aristalis

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Old Karma had issues. What were they?

Karma’s kit was in a weird place, but her ultimate was especially problematic. Her base abilities didn’t feel impactful and only felt effective when supercharged by Mantra. On top of that, when Karma had two charges of Mantra, we had to make both of them weaker to compensate for players double casting empowered spells.

The changes we made to Karma’s kit focused on making each decision fun and meaningful while giving her abilities the focus they needed to perform her intended role. We kept the “empowering”-type gameplay of Mantra, but instead of waiting around for it to recharge, Karma’s basic attacks and abilities now lower Mantra’s cooldown. This rewards aggressive play so you can “buyback” her ultimate. Also, we gave Mantra a single charge to pump extra power into each cast. We also made sure Mantra empowers Karma’s abilities in drastically different ways, leading to more impactful decision-making and a better feeling of accomplishment when you pull off the right move at the right time.

Why was she hard to place in team comps?

Karma had the offensive tools to support her team in small skirmishes but not the powerful defensive abilities she needed to protect a team. Also, her all-purpose abilities are so broad they never felt like the right choice in any situation. All in all, Karma lacked direction.

Why isn’t Karma fun?

The effectiveness of Karma’s abilities relied too heavily on your teammates knowing all their nuances. No matter how hard you were carrying with Karma, your teammates had to be just as good with her for you to be super effective. When an ally’s confused about whether or not he should run from or pass through your Spirit Bond, we probably made a mistake.

What did we like about Karma?

Despite all the Mantra hate we’ve got going on, we actually think the concept is pretty kickass. It’s unique and character-defining to old Karma, and augmenting her abilities with an immense surge of Ionian will is visually and thematically fun. We also liked how Karma could turn the tables on her opponents with abilities that provided defensive bonuses and had hidden offensive power. Finally, Spirit Bond’s “clothesline” gameplay is really cool, but it’d work better on a tank champion that has an easier time jumping into the fray.

Karma’s new role

Originally envisioned as a support, Karma’s fringe successes actually came from players using her in the top or mid lanes as an AP burst mage with support abilities, much like Zilean or Morgana. We like this direction and want to encourage you to boost both her offensive and support abilities by building AP. We also want to make sure she can hold her own as a solo or with a lane partner.

Finally, we’ve updated her skills so allies are reliant on Karma, but Karma’s not reliant on them. She’s got enough power at her fingertips to feel strong as a mage or as a support without teammates having to work in perfect concert for you to be effective.

So without further ado… here’s Karma’s new kit:

[aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_Passive.jpg[/aws3]

Passive: Gathering Fire – Hitting enemy champions with Karma’s spells and basic attacks lower Mantra’s cooldown.

[aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_R.jpg[/aws3]

R: Mantra – Empowers Karma’s abilities, adding an extra effect to the next ability cast.

[aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_Q.jpg[/aws3][aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_Q_Empowered.jpg[/aws3]

Q: Inner Flame – Skillshot that deals magic damage and slows enemies in an area.
  • Empowered by Mantra: Soulflare – Increases damage and leaves behind a zone that slows and, after a brief delay, explodes for AoE damage.

[aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_W.jpg[/aws3][aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_W_Empowered.jpg[/aws3]

W: Focused Resolve – Enemy-targeted tether that deals damage over time. If the tether is unbroken after a short duration, the tethered target is rooted in place.
  • Empowered by Mantra: Renewal – Deals bonus damage and heals Karma for the duration of the tether.

[aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_E.jpg[/aws3][aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_E_Empowered.jpg[/aws3]

E: Inspire – Shields an ally and grants them a short speed boost.
  • Empowered by Mantra: Defiance – Enemies near the shielded ally are damaged while nearby allies are shielded and granted a short speed boost.
Karma is a mage support, just like Morgana. Thus she's most effective with ability power backing her and her team up.

'Karma's base abilities not feeling strong' Liandry's torment and Lich bane. Now you have powerful multitarget damage in spirit bond, and burst damage every 2 seconds in every team fight. Also her soul shield is very good at protecting from pokes in every stage of the game.

'karma is hard to place in team comps' The meta has come to be favorable for Karma now because with junglers she can help with ganks a lot by using spirit bond on that ally to snare the enemy, doing a lot of damage in the process. Also her heal is based on max health, which helps when it comes to teamfights with tanks that have soloed top and anyone snowballing often building HP to keep the advantage. She's especially good in any team with other AP because will of the ancients is a natural selection for her and really helps out their sustain.

'people have trouble playing alongside karma because they don't know what she does' True, but that's the same with any support. I communicate to my teammates one way or the other when they don't understand that I have a true damage shield and an awesome damage over time chain crowd control.

'Why isn't Karma fun?' Because nobody seems to win with her besides the friend who helped me with her build and I.

All in all mage Karma is an antitank shotgun, but I hope the new kit gets implemented anyway. We could call him (or her) (although I prefer a man, because there are 6 female supports and 5 male) Justice, and have the immobilize have an a scale moving down on the opposite side of Justice that the enemy is on. Just a thought.

Disgruntler

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
Wave clearly is a pain now tho lol

Yeah having an cheap-costing AoE on a six second cooldown must be PAINFUL for clearing waves, right?

You have a champ that combines the effects of Shurelya's, Locket, and an AoE Burst into a single ult.

Then you give that ult a veeerrrryy short 45second cooldown.

Then you give her the ability to shorten that cooldown simply by using abilities on enemies.

People have no idea what good is.

And if you don't like that, you got an AoE that does 785 + 1.5 AP damage and 50% slow as an ult.

Or you have a dot that deals 560 + 1.2 AP damage, over half of which it's healing you for. That then locks them in place.

There's a REASON she only gets one charge. It's like complaining that you had to turn in 2 bb pellets for your bb gun because now you're stuck with a nuclear warhead.

Shadowedge0

03-22-2013

She's worth a try.

UberNoober12345

03-22-2013

why do all karma affect poop

iso5

03-22-2013

ergdfsgsdfg

xXCrazyBarksXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2013

so what was the decision behind making her w champion only?

Samael

03-23-2013

bc you touch yourself at night xXCrazyBarksXx

gameengine1

03-23-2013

then will it be avable in euw?