So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HarryOrunitia

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
Now that I've seen the timing on her tether, I have to ask: Why is it a tether? It takes all of a second to get the root off. That didn't need to be a tether. A tether offers opponents a time to react, that's what it does. This offers no time for anyone to break the tether unless they are at the very edge of the ability and Karma's already running away.

The more I see the more I feel Riot has really dropped the ball. Again. New Karma doesn't actually have a passive, new Karma doesn't have a tether that's possible to react to, old skins aren't transferring well... *sigh*

Enthusiasm curbed. Back to not being enthused about Zac.
It should have a much much longer leash range, and also take longer to root.

UltimaFury

03-19-2013

omg

The5lacker

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
It should have a much much longer leash range, and also take longer to root.
Alternatively, three second tether that only roots if the tether is broken, and can be broken prematurely at the cost of, well, not dealing any damage.

Then have the Mantra bonus heal Karma for all damage she deals to the tethered target and/or turn the root into a stun or something.

HarryOrunitia

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
Alternatively, three second tether that only roots if the tether is broken, and can be broken prematurely at the cost of, well, not dealing any damage.

Then have the Mantra bonus heal Karma for all damage she deals to the tethered target and/or turn the root into a stun or something.
Yeah well, I like the idea but it's never going to happen. They already changed Karma completely because they didn't want to have burden of knowledge and punish players for not knowing how her kit works.

Nerdock

03-19-2013

WTB more movespeed during remake, PST.

The5lacker

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
Yeah well, I like the idea but it's never going to happen. They already changed Karma completely because they didn't want to have burden of knowledge and punish players for not knowing how her kit works.
Oh of course not. As I said, Riot has dropped the ball. They can't pick it up again. This ball has been wasted. New Karma may see more play: For a very short period of time. And then she'll be forgotten again in favor of other, more useful support mages like Lux, Morgana, Zyra, etc.

MrJZoku

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Quite frankly, having a kit that encourages you to be a low health to be more effective is both counter intuitive and troll-ish.

There are a few cases where it has worked (Olaf/Tryn) but only because of how limited they are by their melee nature. A ranged caster (a squishy concept) isn't the right place for that kind of mechanic. I appreciate how much you care, but that's not a great expenditure of our design and player-education dollars.
I find your answer lack luster there riot...Why can't she..It defines the term of karma. Karma comes back and bites you in the butt...how is that not fitting..Don't name her karma then and give her that passive if you don't think it fits..It's stupid however though to remove and in place of a passive that only is linked to her mantra...that isn't anything fun or unique. Part of the glory with that low health more ap is the shield you can place or the heal being stronger to stay in lane....IT MADE KARMA, KARMA....Now it appears you are rather lazy with the new change...

Why not keep the same passive but make it scale off of her current ap? So at max health she gets some very minor AP based off of however much AP she has. The lower health she has the more AP she gets but only if she has that AP to work off of.

Please respond..I want to know why you are removing one of the fun features of Karma in order to change it to something very pathetic and not unique at all.

Luxine

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJZoku View Post
I find your answer lack luster there riot...Why can't she..It defines the term of karma. Karma comes back and bites you in the butt...how is that not fitting..Don't name her karma then and give her that passive if you don't think it fits..It's stupid however though to remove and in place of a passive that only is linked to her mantra...that isn't anything fun or unique. Part of the glory with that low health more ap is the shield you can place or the heal being stronger to stay in lane....IT MADE KARMA, KARMA....Now it appears you are rather lazy with the new change...

Why not keep the same passive but make it scale off of her current ap? So at max health she gets some very minor AP based off of however much AP she has. The lower health she has the more AP she gets but only if she has that AP to work off of.

Please respond..I want to know why you are removing one of the fun features of Karma in order to change it to something very pathetic and not unique at all.
And her fans
And her kimono/"impractical dress"
And changing her voice
And making Mantra 3 points instead of the 1
And changing everything that truly made Karma unique, that made Karma, well, Karma.

Why didn't you just create a new champion if you were going to change everything, Riot?
I'm not saying "leave her like she was", but c'mon...was all that change really necessary?

This whole thing kinda really makes me sad

MrJZoku

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxine View Post
And her fans
And her kimono/"impractical dress"
And changing her voice
And making Mantra 3 points instead of the 1
And changing everything that truly made Karma unique, that made Karma, well, Karma.

Why didn't you just create a new champion if you were going to change everything, Riot?
I'm not saying "leave her like she was", but c'mon...was all that change really necessary?

This whole thing kinda really makes me sad

^ couldn't agree more..Everything did not need to be changed!!

aspect8

03-19-2013

I'm torn.

The Good

- The new passive is a great idea, and while it's similar to some other champions (Skarner), I think it suits Karma and her Mantra playstyle.

- The Spiritbond improvement. This is probably all it needed from the start.

- The legacy skin. I like my ladies classy, so thanks for keeping that mostly intact. Double thumbs up for leaving the old VO on that skin.

The Bad

- How long it took. I honestly think you could of changed the passive and W, tweaked some numbers, and given us back our champion 12 months ago.

- The new Q. It's just like an awful lot of other "skillshot that slows", and lacks Karma's signature hurt/heal combination. It's not inspiring me.

- I don't like the new visuals, especially the glowy eyes that have become the norm rather than a distinguishing feature.