Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So, about that Karma leak...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ariel the Cruel

03-18-2013

Karma looks more "meta" now (for lack of a better word).
Her live kit is clunky, and very team dependent.
I'm not going to say the changes are "bad". But based on looks alone, I don't like them.

Personally, I liked her team dynamics.
And there are enough Heavy CC supports out there already - I enjoyed having a champ that focused on team buffs instead.
- The line skill-shot in place of the cone can be a hit-or-miss. I'll have to use it before deciding.
- The AoE heal will be missed. Having %missing health heal I will miss more. And why is she only healing herself!?
- The dynamics of tether I will miss most (even if they were poorly understood).
- The new passive - frankly - I don't see the point. I guess I'd have to play her to understand. But the live passive makes baiting so much more fun (as opposed to - say - GP).
- She looks to be loosing her skill-tank game play in favor of a more aggressive style.

Duece231

03-18-2013

i like the changes but why change her passive. its a good ability that comes in handy during a fight

Veelivar

Recruiter

03-18-2013

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/03/0318-pbe-update-karma.html

New Sakura skin is horrible...

I mean, super yay for fans on her dance, but ugh.

OverpoweredSoap

03-18-2013

Quote:
Veelivar:
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/03/0318-pbe-update-karma.html

New Sakura skin is horrible...

I mean, super yay for fans, but ugh.

Her things just look too big.

And usually kimonos are closed, this weird open design bothers me.

Veelivar

Recruiter

03-18-2013

Quote:
OverpoweredSoap:
Her things just look too big.

And usually kimonos are closed, this weird open design bothers me.

Yeah. It also looks very dressups now, whereas before, it was far more cohesive and looked like she was one.

The obi bow looks weird compared to the old one. Dogbone, anyone? Her actual obi is now just bright yellow, instead of the pattern. They've reduced her headwear, and the bands on the sleeves are gone. It looks so costumey and dumbed down compared to the last one. The last one had all those details that pulled it together, as well.
Weren't they supposed to be increasing the model ress? If so, why remove all those details?

With the giant shoulder things, and lack of the skirt, she also looks incrediblllyyy top heavy now.

GhostbladeX

03-18-2013

New kit looks "eh"
I know she needs a rework but here they're taking away a lot of things that made her "Karma" like the speed laser, anyways I hope they don't screw up her shield, I loved the AP ratio on the thing.
Also her heal had a unique mechanic that just needed more love, not be completely taken away...

CS3Narutoi

03-18-2013

So, about Karma's fans... I hear that they are back...
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=35738162#35738162

Moon and I

03-18-2013

in b4 Karma is new Yolo Queue pubstomper, im expecting withing 48 hours pseudo nicknames like Xin Zhao's Win Nao but seriously, i have a serious liking for Karma right now, she seems like she is going to be much more fun to play and balance with, making choices between assisting a friend or waiting for a short time to assist more and hurt another at the same time. She looks stronger now

Vitahli

03-18-2013

I would prefer that if Karma's passive is going to be reduced as it is, it should allow for CDR for mantra by any general use of her auto-attack or abilities on both champions and minions. With her healing ability now just tied with her tether, I feel like that in early game at least, she's still vulnerable to being overly squishy if she gets too close to enemy champs without the bonus of her mantra being more available to her. Also, it would be nice if her soulfire ability could stun enemies (rather than just slow) if mantra is used in conjunction with it, on top of the AOE damage effect.

Veelivar

Recruiter

03-18-2013

So, video teaser of the skins are out.

Guess I'll be getting my Sakura skin refunded, because that is just a disjointed mess. It's like someone taped two different ideas for the skin to her upper and lower half. Talk about an eyesore. :/