So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

9Point

03-16-2013

I'm not really understanding how she is a support?

Am I reading her abilities wrong?
I mean she can ONLY heal herself. So all she is bringing to the table is a shield/movespeed buff?
Isn't that equivalent to doing something like gangplank support...

Also I disagree, with the analogy that Karma was bad because everyone had to know how to use Karma. The thing that made Karma different then other supports was she excelled in supporting prolonged engagements. Hence her heal also being a aoe cone dmg move. and a shield nuke.
Unlike supports like Taric or soraka, Karma didnt use "clutch" gameplay mechanics.
She excelled in aggressive play and forcing out or "baiting" enemy abilities.

My suggestion is to stop trying to congeal roles for champions and focus on making a FUN support, not a mid/jungle/top/ap burst/tank whatever class. Keep it simple.

The5lacker

03-16-2013

I really feel she could use a passive that isn't just a "cooldown on her ult" thing. A passive that only effects a single ability is just a passive effect of that ability, and wastes a slot.

I feel like her old passive incorporates beautifully into her new kit, granting her potent ability power boost while motivating players to build her a bit tanky, to take advantage of said ability power.

XeroValentine

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyrne View Post
That Passive should just be moved onto Mantra so she can have a real passive.
if they do that with mantra at least give her back the old passive... it's the baiting that made karma soo fun to play with her passive :/

Gazragar

03-16-2013

Scarizard, has Karma's base movement speed gone up any to compensate for her W being reworked?

Gazragar

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhron View Post
This just isn't Karma. Not at all.

Perfectly fine with her filling more roles, and the passive is a nice idea. But there's nothing Karma-like about her anymore with no skillfully used/needed AoE healing. Instead she's far more single target oriented and using abilities/a kit not unlike Leblanc's due to some mechanic changes.

So she'll join the ranks of AP mids and some niche tops and lose a lot of her flavor and what made her her in the process. To that end this isn't Karma, but another champion entirely.
The problem with her AoE heal was the same one as Scar mentioned in his post regarding the new mechanics - that it required your team to know her mechanics as well as you do, and be able to react when you trigger the Mantra. With Yorick's Ult, for example, it took about 2 weeks before people picked up on the nuances of it; but since Karma is so seldom seen in matches, those nuances aren't nearly so well-known.

Edit: On top of that, the graphic showing that her Mantra was triggered is VERY easy to miss right now, especially in some of the hairier team-fights.

Xurreal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

She starting to look 'Beyonce' now.

Oo and here eyes light up like Storm's.

Hawt traditional skin incoming! Can't wait to take her mid and support!

ihaveapotion

03-16-2013

Then they shouldve watched karma's champion spotlight in wich it was plainly explained, what is this now.. riot better dumb down everything because 'people might not realise it the moment they bash their skull on the lock in button?'

that people for some reason unknown to the heavens have decided not to bother learning a champions use only cause that champion wasnt used as much as others is no excuse to act like it was to hard to learn, it only tells that people are acting like passive cattle waiting till something gets thrown in their faces.

Gazragar

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Yyr View Post
Yeah I have the same doubt thinking about it...the skill mentions "enemies", but Scarizard talked about hitting "champions"...who knows, I'd like it to work on minions to be honest.
I looked at the post about the mechanics again -

Passive: Gathering Fire – Hitting enemy champions with Karma’s spells and basic attacks lower Mantra’s cooldown.

So yea, that could be hairy. And as others have said, I'd much prefer having that attached to the new Mantra, and retain her old passive.

Xurreal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveapotion View Post
Then they shouldve watched karma's champion spotlight in wich it was plainly explained, what is this now.. riot better dumb down everything because 'people might not realise it the moment they bash their skull on the lock in button?'

that people for some reason unknown to the heavens have decided not to bother learning a champions use only cause that champion wasnt used as much as others is no excuse to act like it was to hard to learn, it only tells that people are acting like passive cattle waiting till something gets thrown in their faces.
Agree and Disagree with you, sir.

The problem wasn't learning Karma. Learning and playing and dominating with Karma was so easy. But 1 person can't win the game in most cases. It take correlation with all team-mates, and they have to be able to see themselves winning, and knowing how.

You couldn't expect everyone on your Ranked Team to quickly look at a moba guide to playing with Karma during the loading screen, as she was a very deceptively tanky and nuky champion, too deceptive for even her own team.

THAT was the issue.

ihaveapotion

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurreal View Post
Agree and Disagree with you, sir.

The problem wasn't learning Karma. Learning and playing and dominating with Karma was so easy. But 1 person can't win the game in most cases. It take correlation with all team-mates, and they have to be able to see themselves winning, and knowing how.

You couldn't expect everyone on your Ranked Team to quickly look at a moba guide to playing with Karma during the loading screen, as she was a very deceptively tanky and nuky champion, too deceptive for even her own team.

THAT was the issue.
I thought people who were at the least serious about this game (as in playing ranked) would bother to look into all champions, how to play with and against them.

I guess i was wrong, people just randomly qeue around hoping they will get teamed with one of 10 champs they know, no wonder why ranked is such a mess.