So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Mog

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkondrius View Post
Yeah, so WHY CHANGE KARMA's UNIQUE properties?!? She has the most unique kit in the game! DON't CHANGE HER!
The onlything unique about Karma is Mantra.

Her Q is the same as Mords, Kass, Annie

Her W is a combination of LaBlanc Jayce and Karthus

Her E is just another shield

Mantra is the onlything that seperates her and they are keeping mantra, all they are doing is changing the effect it has on the skills to match the change of the skills themselves.

ThermoFusion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Mog View Post
A lot of people fail to realize how many abilities are just Cho'gaths rupture.

There will always be similarities in abilities, there is only a finite amount of ways you can change something to be different but do the same thing as something else.

Karma's previous abilities were quite unique, and interesting.

Her new passive is flavorless utility, and nearly a complete copy of another champ.

Leblanc's tether is fine on Leblanc, and in Morgana's ult.. it really doesn't need to be repeated. and certainly not as a replacement to a previously very unique tether that Karma previously had.

Silver Grimalkin

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkondrius View Post
Karma is JUST fine, just because RIOT doesn't know how to play their own champs and they want to impose THEIR meta (not yours, the FANS), they get to change her. This is ridiculous, I've seen people carry and carry HARD with Karma, if you get karma low in a team fight (but don't kill her) she can heal AoE for over 400 damage if you build her ap. Why take away another healing character? Karma the way she is now is UNIQUE and FUN.

The fact that Riot uses opinion and not fact to validate their claims is suspect at best in my opinion. They reference "people have to know her abilities so they can work with her"(paraphrase), that is TRUE with EVERY character in the LEAGUE!
Every other champion didn't require her teamates to know her skills so that she can play effectively. So many times I have been to intense frustration because people keep running away from me when they are on low health and I can heal them. So many times have people thoughtlessly broken my tether because they jumped on someone unnecessarily when I was hoping for them to . So many damn times have my tanks shied away from the heat of battle and I have missed slaughtering the carry with my Mantra shield. Her effectiveness has a singularity based around the competence of her team and their intuitiveness in using karma's kit. No other champion in the game suffers this way. A support can peel independent of a carry, heal who they damn well please, apply CC to anyone foolish enough to walk in their range. Karma is reliant on other champions to be in good positioning to get off her most potent skill.

Karma is fun, she is unique, I won't deny that. I love the current Karma, but she has a lot fo faults in her kit that needed addressing. Is this the best way to deal with them? We'll see. I think we should stop prematurely judging a champion we've only seen on paper and wait for us to FEEL her under our fingers.

All I want is the new karma to have the same FEEL as the old Karma, I want to get the same ebb and flow when it comes to playing karma. Supporting your allies and fortifying your team while in the same breath nuking the other team. Is she still clutch? Does she still have the satisfying feel of being more effective in protracted fights? Can she still pull of crazy unexpected nukes? Doubtlessly there is a new flavor in karma with her alterations, but if riot has done their job right with this rework, it would be akin to a seasoning for the same entree. Different, bold, robust, but still familiar to us.

Timeless Yyr

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSmash View Post
tl;dr

"Karma sucks"
"Okay, we're reworking Karma"
"srsly riot Karma was fine what are you doing"
Can I upvote you 1000 times pls?
Also, after reading the last 2 pages bashing the rework....

HarryOrunitia

03-15-2013

Quote:
tl;dr

"Karma sucks"
Yes, of course, the whole community is just a single person with a single brain and the person who said "Karma sucks" is the exact same person who said "Karma was fine". Yes.

Bendy V

03-15-2013

So what is the base cooldown/recharge of her mantra going to be? How much will a basic/ability on a champion reduce this by?

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
tl;dr

"Karma sucks"
I think those saying that she was fine don't really mean it and are saying it as a knee-jerk reaction because this remake is just simply wrong. Rather than fixing her current problems Riot is just simply changing her and everyone is saying anything they can to get them to not go through with this change that will change the champs playstyle, a playstyle that a lot of people very much like.

Reminds me of Kayle tbh. People only wanted some tweaks, she instead got a large rework that broke her and made her lose all synergy between her skills. Mind you i'm not saying the new Karma will be broken, just that there is an immense gap between what players wanted, and what Riot decided to do.

Bendy V

03-15-2013

edit. Sorry double post

The Neon Phoenix

03-15-2013

By how the rehaul worked on her spells, I can see that there is no allied heal, so Selcopa the new kit is for an AP karma. I can also see her as sort of like leblanc with the whole chain to stun thing so... good luck against karma in mid lane now i guess.