So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Mog

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermoFusion View Post
So her passive is a Skarner ripoff and her tether is a LeBlanc ripoff. Can we not do that please... Anything different for that tether please...
A lot of people fail to realize how many abilities are just Cho'gaths rupture.

There will always be similarities in abilities, there is only a finite amount of ways you can change something to be different but do the same thing as something else.

Arkondrius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Mog View Post
A lot of people fail to realize how many abilities are just Cho'gaths rupture.

There will always be similarities in abilities, there is only a finite amount of ways you can change something to be different but do the same thing as something else.

Yeah, so WHY CHANGE KARMA's UNIQUE properties?!? She has the most unique kit in the game! DON't CHANGE HER!

AriXV

03-15-2013

sooo heimerdinger is going to be worked on next right...?

Lord Morgan

03-15-2013

After reading the new kit a few times, there are a couple of things I think I'll miss while playing as Karma:

The first one would be that aparently, Focused Resolve/Renewal doesn't seem to have any effect on other creatures that walk through it like Soul Bond Currently does. (I just realized that I wont be able to use it on a friend so we both can walk faster, I'll miss that too, now I'll have to choose if I want to walk faster or if I'd prefer my ally to do so, unless I have Mantra to spend on Defiance).

The other thing I'll miss is the fact that now i wont be able to heal multiple friendly targets, cause now Soulflare is purely offensive.

Is it there any posibility to get any of those things back into her new kit?

thank you.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I love the effort you're putting into making Karma a neat champ, but I think it would be sad to sacrifice the most original mechanics of her current kit. I think it could be arranged by making the tether have a small extra effect in champions and minions crossing it, making allied champions near Karma receive some healing during Renewal and making Inspire in a way so it can give Karma the speed buff even when she targets an ally with it, just to give possible solutions to make her feel more like the Karma we know.

Healurownbum

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerDrool View Post
Reminder. Larias did 50 Karma games. He wound up with a 43% win rate. He massively preferred and did much better in mid. For a damn reason.

So I don't know why he's getting downvotes.
She isnt only a mid champ? I could place her anywhere on the map if you knew her well enough. And wow 50 games total christ give the guy a round of applause

Arkondrius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Morgan View Post
After reading the new kit a few times, there are a couple of things I think I'll miss while playing as Karma:

The first one would be that aparently, Focused Resolve/Renewal doesn't seem to have any effect on other creatures that walk through it like Soul Bond Currently does. (I just realized that I wont be able to use it on a friend so we both can walk faster, I'll miss that too, now I'll have to choose if I want to walk faster or if I'd prefer my ally to do so, unless I have Mantra to spend on Defiance).

The other thing I'll miss is the fact that now i wont be able to heal multiple friendly targets, cause now Soulflare is purely offensive.

Is it there any posibility to get any of those things back into her new kit?

thank you.

Yeah...DON'T CHANGE KARMA. SHE'S FINE! SCREW RIOT'S oppressive arbitrary meta!

Appull

03-15-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post35631087 if you are a real karma player please post here for riot to see our feelings. spread link please

LifeSmash

03-15-2013

tl;dr

"Karma sucks"
"Okay, we're reworking Karma"
"srsly riot Karma was fine what are you doing"

Wark

03-15-2013

The only thing I'm not really a fan of is the new W. I liked that it was a very unique skill (though I do recognize that it was also unintuitive and its Mantra form was kind of lame) while the new one sounds just like LeBlanc's E. I also don't like removing the ability to attach it to allies because of how well the contrasting uses fit with her theme.

If I had to suggest something, I'd say keep the slow/speed up effects but change the empowered version. Mantra W to allies could heal both Karma and her target, while Mantra W to enemies could add the root and/or damage. I know you aren't really looking for this kind of suggestion, but this is just what I think feels better.

Arkondrius

03-15-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...02775#35602775

Everyone downvote the first Riot post to let them know we Karma players don't like being ignored and disregarded.

If you love "Old Karma" downvote every Riot post you see welcoming a Karma change.