So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gazuzu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

And now her passive sucks... So sorry Scarizard but Karma support is really gone, without her old passive, now we can't really build support items without taking away her decent damage output; now every new Karma player will see her just as a Lux or Morgana, they can support yes, but if you see a Morgana support one can start to think that that player is a new Morgana player, just because she has "support" on her tags.
Backing to her old passive, just because "noobs" players couldn't control their own HP it doesn't mean that her passive was bad, in fact, it was one of the best passives in the whole game; I'm really disappointed that you took that awesome "skill", cause that's all you needed to play karma, skill. Besides, now her ult, surelly, has a long CD, Karma was known for spaming mantra and aiding everyone she could, now mantra is just like every champion ult.

I hope I'm wrong about everything I've just said... I'm really hoping.

NOTE: sorry about my english, that is not my native language.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXCrazyBarksXx View Post
do you think she will be viable in competitive play and what makes her special against other supports?
*beats face against wall*

She's a mid champ!

Arkondrius

03-15-2013

Chant with me guys and gals! We want old karma! We want old karma! We want old karma! We want old karma! We want old karma! We want old karma! We want old karma! We want old karma! We want old karma! We want old karma! We want old karma! We want old karma! We want old karma! We want old karma! We want old karma! We want old karma! We want old karma! We want old karma! We want old karma! We want old karma!

exe3

03-15-2013

RIP Karma.

Now don't get me wrong this new kit probably is more "viable" (if for no other reason for having a decent W) but the fact is her playstyle has been completely changed. This is NOT the Karma I fell in love with no matter how similar she may seem on the surface.

Passive: I'm not too sad about losing the old passive, I just wish it had been replaced with a new passive. This is NOT a character passive, it's an ultimate passive that should be attached to the ultimate. Very disappointing.

R: This is what kills her for me. Gaining multiple Mantras gave her a secondary resource to manage and it was great fun to manage (even though it was perverted somewhat with W being useless and not worth Mantra'ing). THIS HAS BEEN REMOVED. Honest to god I leapt for joy when I heard Guinsoo's remake was scrapped BECAUSE THAT WOULD MEAN HIS 120 SECOND SINGLE CAST MANTRA ULT WOULD BE GONE. Oh how wrong was I. These changed scrap her Mantra gameplay and you lose choice because you simply can't afford to misuse one, I loved throwing shield nukes every 30 seconds, it was SO satisfying, you have removed this satisfaction from me even if shield nuking is still in the game.

Q: I guess it sounds alright. I still prefer her current Q even if this one does more and is probably more useful (maybe this opinion would change when I play her but I liked the cone nuke and the decision making of whether to use a mantra for healing instead of attacking, that was something that made Karma amazing, every skill had offensive and defensive properties where you had to CHOOSE which to use, we've lost the defensive properties in much of her kit).

W: Better than the current one but still not that great imo. The root isn't going to be fun to use or play against I don't think and the heal is just honestly random. What thematic or gameplay purpose is it meant to have? I honestly don't think I would waste a Mantra on this, at least not with the Mantra change you're doing.

E: HOLY KIT OVERLOAD BATMAN (honestly expecting the numbers to be trash or her to be nerfed massively). I love her current E because of how satisfying and simple the nuke is, ignoring how you won't get these a fraction as often I feel the speed boost is redundant and partially toxic. People are going to expect you to waste your ult for the speed boost if you're running even if you're safe from getting attacked. Not cool. The speed boost colludes the skills purpose as does the bonus ally shields.

tl;dr

Her kit looks like it hasn't changed much, and it looks like what changes were made are overall for the positive but the fact is that a single use normal cooldown Mantra ult DESTROYS her current playstyle. Mantra management is outright gone and I couldn't care less if her AA's and spells reduce the cooldown, that's not a type of gameplay I personally enjoy much.

I feel like Riot had some things to fix with the rework but failed to fix them and instead made a bunch of changes that broke what currently worked and just changed her for the sake of changing her.

RIP Karma.

Larias

Adjudicator

03-15-2013

>Starts a post with RIP Karma
>Expects to be taken seriously

Timeless Yyr

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrocalypse View Post
As far as I read the cdr only applies when hitting a champion.
Yeah I have the same doubt thinking about it...the skill mentions "enemies", but Scarizard talked about hitting "champions"...who knows, I'd like it to work on minions to be honest.

nvmvoidrays

03-15-2013

holy ****.

where did all these people come from?

they're basing karma completely on text instead of waiting, playing her before judging her.

this happens with EVERY SINGLE REWORK and so far, every single time (or almost every single time), riot has made a better character.

calm your god damn **** and wait to try her out before you start stirring the ****storm.

Arkondrius

03-15-2013

Karma is JUST fine, just because RIOT doesn't know how to play their own champs and they want to impose THEIR meta (not yours, the FANS), they get to change her. This is ridiculous, I've seen people carry and carry HARD with Karma, if you get karma low in a team fight (but don't kill her) she can heal AoE for over 400 damage if you build her ap. Why take away another healing character? Karma the way she is now is UNIQUE and FUN.

The fact that Riot uses opinion and not fact to validate their claims is suspect at best in my opinion. They reference "people have to know her abilities so they can work with her"(paraphrase), that is TRUE with EVERY character in the LEAGUE!

exe3

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larias View Post
>Starts a post with RIP Karma
>Expects to be taken seriously
Or you could read the rest of the post and know i'm talking about the Karma as we know he today without neccessarily saying that the new Karma will be bad. But I guess that's too difficult for you.

KyliaL

03-15-2013

@riot. do you think we will get any pictures soon on how her Sun Goddess and Sakura skins look? would love to see them.