So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DanyaHerald

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

I feel the weakness of old Karma was actually just her crippling cooldowns at low levels. Once she hit 40% CDR late game she was a beast in skirmishes and duels.

But this new skillset looks promising.

I am optimistic. Please let it feel as good as it sounds. ^^

Sukishoo

03-15-2013

I'm going to miss Karma's healing power. Now she can only heal herself :/

Healurownbum

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Nakazora View Post
Question, from an old Karma player.
Does the shield still have the ability to target minions?
God if not... Then yea.... And what abt the dmg/shield mantra range anyways like its currently? Cause from what i read it seems rly small.

Oot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-15-2013

Alright, this is make-it or break-it for me, and one of the big reasons I play Karma today.

Can you shield minions?

limbrok

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Oot View Post
Alright, this is make-it or break-it for me, and one of the big reasons I play Karma today.

Can you shield minions?
His last red post literally just said you can shield minions.

ZeroTakenaka

03-15-2013

Quick question: Who receives the free Karma skin? Anyone who buys her until the DAY OF her relaunch?

Corpsenka

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Traditional's voice will be her original VO.
So what about her jokes?

"This dress may have been impractical."
"Guess what's about to hit the fan."

Traditional karma's dress is practical enough now that she doesn't have to waddle, and she has no fans, so her traditional jokes make no sense now.

Riot Anyone, can you elaborate upon this?

HarryOrunitia

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Inspire is a basic ally-targeted shield - can be cast on self, ally champions and allied minions/pets (basically anything you can use Janna or Lulu's shield on). Defiance will give the basic Inspire shield to whomever she targets, then additionally radiates out the bonus shield to nearby allied champions - what this means is whoever you use Defiance on will get Base + Bonus shield, and allies in range will only get Bonus. I hope that makes it clear!
This really puts me at ease. Does it mean she still has the incredibly OP shield and damage since other allies in the AoE only get a fraction of it? Is the damage value still the exact same as the shield value or is it completely different?
The surprise half-of-your-health-bar nukes/shields were just such an awesome element of her kit and I hope it isn't too utility oriented now (like Orianna's shield, which while pretty strong is nothing compared to Karma's current E in both shield value and damage)

Koechophe

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukishoo View Post
I'm going to miss Karma's healing power. Now she can only heal herself :/
It would have made sense, if they wanted her to be able to heal allys, for the spirit bond to be able to be attached to allies and have it heal them somehow. Though TBH, having both a heal and a shield is a bit dangerous for a support, and they now gave her cc, so it's even more so.

Corpsenka

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTakenaka View Post
Quick question: Who receives the free Karma skin? Anyone who buys her until the DAY OF her relaunch?
Yeah, or anyone that buys the skin itself within two weeks of its relaunch. you should read the red posts. <3