So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HarryOrunitia

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbrok View Post
I feel like Karma, while becoming more viable in team roles, will still be a very strong pick against Assassin mids who get up in your face. Don't cry when your remade Karma can't counter everything mid, that's not the purpose of a rework. Now, when she counters Assassin mids (and that's also sometimes a hit or miss), she'll be a lot more useful in team fights, too.

Sorry, she's not going to be the Twisted Fate, Nidalee, or Lux of this meta most likely. Safe picks with solo queue utility, but I'm sure she will still be a strong niche pick. I can see her replacing the role that Janna once filled playing AP Mid for popular Protect the Kogmaw comps.
Cause it would make sense for them to do all this, this huge rework aimed at increasing her popularity just to make her viable in only a single type of team comp. I really hope she'll be at least comparable to other popular APs like Lux, Orianna, Ahri, Annie etc on a power/viability level. Or else, the rework would be completely pointless.

phatcat09

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ycore View Post
I have 500+ games played as Karma. Still feel all she needed was a single form of hard CC added to her existing kit and she'd be fine, but whatev..

New kit looks ok I guess.. W is good and thank god you didn't touch her R+E combo, though I'll wait to see numbers. Kind of indifferent about the passive change.. I REALLY don't like the Q change though.. Single target skillshot, no heal, with a delayed AoE dmg component. This sounds both cumbersome to use effectively and a straight up nerf to her existing Q, so I hope the numbers on her other abilities have been modified to compensate.

Personally, her old kit/mantra had more of that yin/yang "do I dmg or do I heal" component that was more in line with her name/lore. This is more of a "do I dmg or do extra dmg". Her old kit a mantra meant you were making a choice between 1) A heal 2) A speed or slow boost or 3) extra dmg. Now her mantra means your are choosing between 1) Extra dmg 2) extra dmg w self/heal 3) extra dmg. Simply not as fun or dynamic..
What this guy said.

Jassu

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Also to spread the word http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/k...esday-march-19

We'll be having an AMA on reddit next week, so me (and everyone on the team!) will be able to take a lot more time to answer questions and go into specific details!
I dislike when you put the AMAs on reddit. Any reason you're putting it there instead of the LoL forums?

FrozenMistninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Which is why we give you the traditional skin to play if you enjoy it!

I would rather the classic current skin be the skin that karma cult fans get for free, rather than needing to shell out more money to keep my lady I already love and enjoy.....Thanks for the updates, but making me buy her skin for classic to use it when I already have a karma skin, because im diehard, seems silly.....I love her so much I use classic and the sakura skin at about a 50-50 rate, and would rather keep the old skin than be given a new one to warm me up....Please help me Hit The Fan in a way I can love and enjoy!

Xenotime Gaze

03-15-2013

I think, due to the wording, that her new Q will pass through minions/champions. It makes no sense for it to slow enemies/leave a slowing field if it stopped at minions. So for those who are scared for her pushing power, i don' think she's lost it based on this. But we still need to see more info.

Outside of that i like everything about her new kit save for the loss of her passive. I am definitely looking forward to reading more info on her.

Skyson

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravechaosknight View Post
Also, is it me or does she not have any wave clear now unless you want to use your mantra? Sure you want her to Solo Lane alright.

Karma's best wave clear was/is mantra E -> Q. unless you were unconventional and tethered a minion to run around the wave for damage, then Q the wave to REALLY conserve that mantra stack. But yeah, her wave clear definitely involves Mantra now, and looks like it still will, since the tether method will be unviable if the tether only damages your target.

Rammus Her Main

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
So without further ado… here’s Karma’s new kit:

[aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_Passive.jpg[/aws3]

Passive: Gathering Fire – Hitting enemy champions with Karma’s spells and basic attacks lower Mantra’s cooldown.

[aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_R.jpg[/aws3]

R: Mantra – Empowers Karma’s abilities, adding an extra effect to the next ability cast.

[aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_Q.jpg[/aws3][aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_Q_Empowered.jpg[/aws3]

Q: Inner Flame – Skillshot that deals magic damage and slows enemies in an area.
  • Empowered by Mantra: Soulflare – Increases damage and leaves behind a zone that slows and, after a brief delay, explodes for AoE damage.

[aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_W.jpg[/aws3][aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_W_Empowered.jpg[/aws3]

W: Focused Resolve – Enemy-targeted tether that deals damage over time. If the tether is unbroken after a short duration, the tethered target is rooted in place.
  • Empowered by Mantra: Renewal – Deals bonus damage and heals Karma for the duration of the tether.

[aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_E.jpg[/aws3][aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_Relaunch/Karma_E_Empowered.jpg[/aws3]

E: Inspire – Shields an ally and grants them a short speed boost.
  • Empowered by Mantra: Defiance – Enemies near the shielded ally are damaged while nearby allies are shielded and granted a short speed boost.
Here's the problem i have with this...
This rework is only happening because her numbers are low which means riot isn't bringing money in off of this champ. If 1 pro-mid or pro-support played her in LCS and did well, then this wouldn't be happening. This rework is unnecessary, her kit was fine, Honestly all she needed is a bit of balancing. or if anything is being reworked it should had just been her W. This honestly disappoints me.
Wouldn't be happening if money was being made off of her.

limbrok

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
Cause it would make sense for them to do all this, this huge rework aimed at increasing her popularity just to make her viable in only a single type of team comp. I really hope she'll be at least comparable to other popular APs like Lux, Orianna, Ahri, Annie etc on a power/viability level. Or else, the rework would be completely pointless.
Sorry, I think you took some things out of context, and I only provided one example. I think Karma will be similarly utility-wise to Lux. The place where Karma is a better pick than Lux is that Karma can deal with close-range pressure much better and probably will have a very solid lane phase.

Karma already does well against people like Akali, Diana, etc. mid. Anyone that jumps into range to deal burst damage. Karma will still have this strong counterpick, but she will not only do it better, but still be viable in other match ups where it wasn't in her favor before with ability to do damage on her Q and W for ranged harass, as well.

I still feel like her strong point will be in her R & E combo though to counter assassins mid. That's what I was trying to say, my apologies.

QWERTYSTOP

03-15-2013

I agree with all the comments on her new passive. It's like if Anivia's passive was "Frostbite does double damage to enemies who are Chilled. Chilled is a status tag applied by Flash Frost and Glacial Storm."

All it does is define how one ability interacts with others, in a way that could easily be part of that one ability.

Blind Trooper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-15-2013

I really dislike the passive change. It should have stayed the same with her new passive just tacked onto R. Her passive gave that very yin-yang feel more then anything else and was great for clutch plays. Is there a reason why it was changed to this new one?