So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

qwertyrandom

03-06-2013

Does this mean if i buy Karma today i get the skin?

Roosevelt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

So excited for this!!!!

Fubguns

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
A WILD SCARIZARD APPEARS!

Hey dudes! As you might know by now, i'm heading up the Karma Relaunch from the design side, and i bring good news - we are changing her kit. While i don't want to go too in-depth just yet, i wanted to drop in to this thread and answer this question, as it's one i've heard a lot and am sure will continue to be a concern.

Karma was re-imagined in our eyes as a support-mage. Think Lux, Morgana, Orianna - the kinds of characters that scale just as well with ability power as they do cooldown reduction and provide a lot to the team in the way of supporting their efforts. As a support-mage, she won't necessarily have the exact same specialized strengths as say Nami or Thresh (who were primarily designed as duo-lane support champions), but brings a mixed bag of damage and utility that we hope will leave you able to affect the outcome of teamfights and skirmishes alike no matter what lane you want to take her.

I'll be back with specifics on her abilities and mechanics as we get closer to her PBE release.
Will she be on PBE before next patch?

thenewzero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Karma was re-imagined in our eyes as a support-mage. Think Lux, Morgana, Orianna - the kinds of characters that scale just as well with ability power as they do cooldown reduction and provide a lot to the team in the way of supporting their efforts. As a support-mage, she won't necessarily have the exact same specialized strengths as say Nami or Thresh (who were primarily designed as duo-lane support champions), but brings a mixed bag of damage and utility that we hope will leave you able to affect the outcome of teamfights and skirmishes alike no matter what lane you want to take her.
You say Lux, Morganna, and Orianna. What about like Zyra? Lux is not bad as a bot lane support, but Morgana and Orianna aren't (unless you're trying a super aggressive kill lane, but any champion with decent damage can do that). Zyra is a quite a good support though.

Just curious because I'm terribad at mid, so I'm wondering if I'll even get to play the new Karma on Summoner's Rift if she's not very good at bot lane support.

Side note: Will she retain that tanky mage feel that makes her good in Dominion, TT, and murderbridge?

Tigrian

03-06-2013

What concerns me is none of the displayed animations show that she has a shield anymore.

That....saddens me if true.

Muranodo

03-06-2013

Well, I miss her fans and dress. I kind of hate to think what her Sakura skin will be like since I got it for the very traditional look. I understand the motivations to make her more of a warrior paragon that would make sense attire wise. But I can't say I'm really feeling it. I am happy that traditional will let me maintain some of her original qualities at least. It's as you say though with every negative feedback post... can't please everybody.

vamp15

03-06-2013

i just have one question. at some point in the companies history someone from your support team mentioned that karma is what would be considered a colored champion. or a champion of color.... whichever one.

is this still true?

Vertany

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudia View Post
How many skills will she have? That's all I really want to know, because her current iteration literally only has two skills.
If you didn't use your W, then you don't know how to use her. Her W does the most damage of all her skills and can potentially damage the whole enemy team. It can seperate them if they don't want to take the damage. Also, the W is basically a free Shurelia's.

Whist

03-06-2013

Karma on release was praised as finally a female champion who didn't have to have to show her legs boobs and ass...

It makes me kind of sad to see her now showing so much leg. We have enough sexy female champions...half of what was karma to me was that she wasn't dressed for halloween letting out her repressed sexual dress style.

iTziLLiRL

03-06-2013

and this is why I love league so much their staff keep in contact with the community constantly. Feels like we're talking with humans rather than robots