So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I am ƒalty

03-12-2013

I just pray they didn't make her over powered to the point of where everyone will play her or to the point of being 100% skill-less IMO add two skill shots or three Ive played over 3000 games as karma and I really don't want a 100% rework just w buff and 1 more charge but hey money is money

El Dez

03-12-2013

So if Karma was leaked early, roughly how much earlier was this information released than what you wanted? Karma players have been waiting for it for years, but now you have at least a few more people interested. Should we expect the kit around the same time as ZAC hits the PBE? Earlier? Later?

PiggySaysWhat

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
I'm not the right guy to talk kit with you. You'll have to wait for the full reveal. (But I did mention that people who play Karma now still enjoy new Karma)
The only problem with this, and why it is making a lot of people nervous to not hear anything about the plans of her rework---Is that there are a lot of people who picked up Karma, and sporadically play her, in a certain role. "People who play Karma now," are...? Who? People playing her as an AP mid? Well, then they will enjoy new Karma if she's an AP mid. That's leaving out the huge segment of Karma owners who picked her up because, ya know--she was touted as a support champion. They don't, or only sporadically, play Karma because she's not good at that role. Will they enjoy new Karma? Only if she's being reworked as a support. If she's being reworked into an AP mid with slight support capabilities ala Morganna/Lux/Zyra...probably not and it will still feel like they're being ignored by Riot for making a rework that makes her into an entirely different champion rather than trying to turn her into the actually effective support champion they thought she would be.

All of which could be solved with a discussion of her proposed reworked mechanics but that will feel "too late" once she gets "officially revealed." But as tough cookie support players who aren't surprised by getting the shaft, they'll probably understand. Probably.

Healurownbum

03-12-2013

I really hope to hear or see more about Karma tomorrow, this waiting isnt doing me any good lol.

Lavantant

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavantant View Post
Why not have 2 versions of Karma? ...
(theres more to that post) (and I meant like actually 2 champs)

Dang, I thought I had a good idea, but I guess downvotes say no. :C
I would like some sort of response so that I know why I got downvoted for that idea.

HiltWarrior

03-12-2013

guys why would they rework karma?
she was fine

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2013

Do not like the model rework.

Do.

Not.

Like.

You're turning a modest, strong female champion into an "empowered" comic book super heroine. This art looks like something I would see on the Hawkeye Initiative, and by the way! It made it into Eshcer Girls. And no, don't think of this as a compliment. Its not. It means you're making Karma look like a busty wh.ore.

The thing that bugs me the most about this... Its not the lack of fans, no, its the fact that you're sexualizing yet ANOTHER female champion, one who was one of the few modest champs in this game.

You realize what this looks like to people?

It looks like you're catering to perverts and 12 year old little boys who giggle at boobies.

I like the way the classic Karma skin looks. She's not going "Wooooo boys~ Look at my legs!" Why couldn't you have made this the case on her default skin? Why do you have to take the Korean perspective of Online gaming where less clothing=better?

In the end, she doesn't look like a strong Ionian leader to me, she looks like she's off to perform her "services" to some client off someplace else.

But of course, I'm not even sure why I'm posting this, as it is simply falling on deaf ears. I miss back when Lux was created when Riot actually listened to the community on these sorts of things. What happened, guys? .__.

Josh de Tonreau

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverling View Post
Do not like the model rework.

Do.

Not.

Like.

You're turning a modest, strong female champion into an "empowered" comic book super heroine. This art looks like something I would see on the Hawkeye Initiative, and by the way! It made it into Eshcer Girls. And no, don't think of this as a compliment. Its not. It means you're making Karma look like a busty wh.ore.

The thing that bugs me the most about this... Its not the lack of fans, no, its the fact that you're sexualizing yet ANOTHER female champion, one who was one of the few modest champs in this game.

You realize what this looks like to people?

It looks like you're catering to perverts and 12 year old little boys who giggle at boobies.

I like the way the classic Karma skin looks. She's not going "Wooooo boys~ Look at my legs!" Why couldn't you have made this the case on her default skin? Why do you have to take the Korean perspective of Online gaming where less clothing=better?

In the end, she doesn't look like a strong Ionian leader to me, she looks like she's off to perform her "services" to some client off someplace else.

But of course, I'm not even sure why I'm posting this, as it is simply falling on deaf ears. I miss back when Lux was created when Riot actually listened to the community on these sorts of things. What happened, guys? .__.
if it weren't for the leg then no one would be complaining. how is a leg sexual. it isn't even both legs, it's one leg to show off a mark on it. sheesh you people are so dumb.

Chaosneobreakage

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh de Tonreau View Post
if it weren't for the leg then no one would be complaining. how is a leg sexual. it isn't even both legs, it's one leg to show off a mark on it. sheesh you people are so dumb.
I agree. People probably don't tell you this enough but great work Riot. Keep them coming.

Calling Clouds

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverling View Post
snip
Isn't that a little much? She shows one leg.

one
damn
leg

and it isn't even sexual. If people get turned on by one leg showing then that's there problem but I'm just not seeing it (Though I'm gay so take that as you will). Saying she looks like a prostitute going out to turn tricks is kind of a stretch.

Have you looked at the picture? The marking on the leg that glows is the important part, not the leg itself. She's supposed to look spiritual and I feel like the new look conveys this much better than the old dress.

If you honestly feel that strongly about it then you can play the Traditional Skin where both her legs are covered. But personally I think people are making it out to be way worse than it is.