So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HarryOrunitia

03-10-2013

Oh well, I'm glad a red finally answered but I was hoping for real good news instead of three further iterations of "we know we made the right decision". It's getting more and more difficult to believe you guys actually care about feedback, when our feedback only gets that kind of answer (31 times and counting in this thread alone).

Again, please consider adding some sort of reference to her fans. Her new lore, some of her animations, a line in her new VO, anything. Or if you really are so determined to completely delete and eradicate the fans from this new Karma, could you at least bring them back for her vintage skin? Is it something you will at least consider? That's the answer I want.

And I don't want to sound ungrateful, I appreciate the vintage skin, but is it worth even having a vintage skin when it doesn't retain any of the elements we liked about the original design? Any die-hard Karma fan will tell you that visually (let's ignore lore, personality and kit for a second here) her main characterizing elements are:
-Her color scheme
-Her fans
-Her "pimpwalk" as some people call it
-Her unpractical dress
The idea of having a skin based on the original design, as I said, is very nice if you're so determined in changing her completely, but what's the point if the only thing you kept of those FOUR elements is the color scheme?

One last comment: I would really rather have her new lore be considered a "retcon" and not a development. Because for many of us, it's just not a believable development at all for the Karma we knew.

Ask Tyrant Swain

03-10-2013

Ames, if you're still here:
Why wasn't Traditional Karma used as the default skin?

49 plastic forks

03-10-2013

Dont know if its been said or if anyone cares but could u just have her fans in like her jokes and call back animations and stuff just to show there still there but not needed anymore?

Severian NA

03-10-2013

This had to happen when my brain has decided it is done for the day. This is what I needed to hear. I understood that it was over when a fellow Karma fan with access to the rework said that he would miss her (he didn't reveal anything but what he felt, but that said everything). I have been fearing that it would be no other solution for a very long time. Then, when the axe fell, it was even worse than I feared. And the way it was expressed made it seem like they were saying "the old Karma was not cool, but this one is really cool! And badass!"
I just needed some reassurance that Riot understood that Karma was anything but a failed, unappealing character, but few people actually looked. I looked at her splash and immediately dismissed her, until something caused me to try her anyway. And she was the bestest character in the whooole game. Even with competition such as Leona and Ahri. *sniffle* All it would have taken to get me off my emo horse was a "just wait, we're getting to it". I would have been content waiting.

You say that you've read everything, and that settles it. If you didn't see how we felt before, you probably will have nightmares about it now XD I wish it wasn't way past bedtime for me, so I could pick your brain a bit about this. >.< That would require my brain working, unfortunately. I'll just repeat (as I have ad nauseum) that I would be a lot happier about this if we, now or later, get a skin that is as close to the Karma skins we have now as possible. I hate to be ungrateful about the vintage skin, but it is like a faint echo without the three most characteristic animations, the dress and the fans. T.T

Thank you, seriously. I was about to lose it, and this game has, so far, failed to make me rage. Though once I get to see her abilities, I will probably become mentally unbalanced again...

Did I say thanks. You see, I mean it. I could not fathom why nobody said anything, when they had replied so politely and thoroughly to both trivial and important stuff as long as I've stalked these forums. So. Yea. Thanks.

VexTheHex

03-10-2013

Nice post RiotAmes, I'm starting to recognize your posts as you seem to really think about the players and want to communicate with us. Either that or it's that Jayce avatar.

Anyway, as the original voice having the joke issue has already being brought up, I do ponder if you could hint if any other relaunches are planned? Sion and Trundle being the two that seem to fit a similar bill as Karma. And also Sejuani, Urgot, and even Taric (since Riot is moving to a much more serious theme, his joke tier among the community may not be what you want to keep him at) make me ponder if they will at least being getting some heavy handed tweaks. Though I guess even Zilean and Poppy could fall into this tier as well. o.o

Bu Gao Xing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

03-10-2013

Are we looking at a less melee oriented support champion with her new setup or will she still be a very up close type? And what I'm asking here is will her new skill changes and autoattack be very short range as they are now.

SoresuMakashi

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
That leads to the Karma you see now. Her fans aren't permanently removed from her story, but she no longer needs to channel her strength through them. She has sufficient self-control to do that on her own now. She is still the voice of her people. And while we aren't against retcons, Karma's story is a progression, not a replacement.
Wait so is there any chance that her old lore will be canon, with this as an actual lore event that chronicles her change over time?

Otherwise reassuring post about the lore side, although I'm still not convinced by the visual rework (no dress?)

Veelivar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
I will say that, technically, a full dress is a bit of a nightmare at times. Some of the animations we wanted to do with Karma don't support it.
I know you posted this as an explanation of why her Traditional Skin has the slits at the front, but at this stage, all it's really accomplished is to deepen my worry.

Just what happens to her Sakura skin if you guys are unable to get a full dress to work with her/her new animations? :/
I mean, we've lost so much of what makes her *her*. Will we be losing the essence of that skin, too?

SchrodingersSoda

03-10-2013

Do you have an estimate of when she'll be on the PBE? I just want to know when I might find out what her new abilities are :P

Brennivin

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XypherFTW View Post
Do you have an estimate of when she'll be on the PBE? I just want to know when I might find out what her new abilities are :P
Did you not read his posts...?