So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Josh de Tonreau

03-08-2013

hmm

isabella valenti

03-08-2013

Riooooooooooooooooooot why!?!?!?!?!??! Where are her fans!!!!! I love dem fans!! :'(

Aacey

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
Its a joke to kick the Karma likers in the private parts. Same goes for her remake so i guess its fitting.
oh i know i was approving of the pun if not the actual joke

i personally dont understand what all the hate is for their not taking away the karma that current karma lovers like away from them they will still have her. they are just putting in a new karma for other people to love, and its not like they will be missing out, after all you cant miss what you never had access to in the first place.

to prove this i bet no one here who is not intentionally trolling has ever missed "Chinese banana creme mustard waffles". wether or not it exists is moot. i mentioned it to you gys just as some of you will mention current karma to "new karma players" they will prolly think well she doesnt exist anymore so it doesnt matter to me. its like gas prices you don't care what the price your grandfather paid for gas was because you know it will never be that low again. you only care about the gas prices of the immediate now yesterday and tomorrow, however if you keep dwelling on the past you'll sound to your grankids the same way yours sound to you

now that im done rambling my point is this current karma lovers will still have their karma
future karma lovers will not know current karma existed and thereby will not care.
so why all the hate

AFK for House

03-08-2013

ori lux morg nid and anivia are some of my favorite champions in the game karma felt clunky and i didnt feel like she had much of an effect at all if this ability rework allows her utility to feel useful without ap and dmg to stand on its own with ap like the others listed, except nid all of her everything needs ap, than im going to be very happy with the rework

Kyurian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Well, I'm a bit excited to see what they've done to the new Karma. I like her classic skin though it still kind of feels off.

MTaur

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Just to reiterate:

Everyone who owns Karma before her official release gets the skin for free. We're changing a lot about her, so this is a nod to her original aesthetic that meets our new goals for her. We're intentionally allowing new adopters to get the skin in addition to people who currently own her. After her release, you will be able to purchase the Traditional skin separately in the store for a limited period of time.
Honestly, I think Traditional should become the Classic skin and the upcoming new Classic skin should be getting the freebie/legacy treatment. I don't think it's healthy to fundamentally change who a champion is so much and then stuff the remains in the legacy vault. I would have liked the new Classic skin alright as a somewhat fanservicey Karma skin that's sort of Last Airbender with TONS OF LEGS, but I don't want this sexy impostor sweeping Karma under the legacy skin rug.

come in my ash

03-08-2013

Ty so much!

Adige

03-08-2013

The major issue with the rework is just the sheer gravity of it. Other champions that have received visual upgrades are easily recognizable in their old and new forms, whereas Karma is not. There are no similarities between current Classic Karma and new Classic Karma. New hair, new outfit, new tattoo, new mantle, new weapons. The only things that stayed the same were the eyes and the skin tone. Morello calling this a "big change" deserves the understatement of the year award.

The inclusion of the Traditional Karma skin was brilliant on Riot's part. That skin is honestly everything I was expecting and more. Just a modified version of Karma's dress, easily recognizable and updated to the current standards. Simple and beautiful. The lack of fans was probably the first thing I noticed in the splash art, and my heart sank into my stomach. I have to wonder, though, why the Traditional Karma skin didn't become the new Classic skin and why this new Classic skin couldn't have become a new Karma skin. It could be Transcendent Karma or Nirvana Karma (if you want to play up the Buddhist references), I think it would solve a lot of the issues and hurt feelings that Karma players are feeling right now.

Honestly, I think I'll be okay with all of these changes as long as I can pretend this new Classic skin does not exist, but the loss of her fans is still a major blow to the gut (I think putting them somewhere [recall/taunt/joke/dance] is better than scrapping them entirely). The reworked classic skin is many things. It's beautiful, a lovely piece of artwork and technology, and perhaps one of the better designs that Riot has come up with lately. But there's too much "new" in it to convince me that that woman is Karma. Not only is she getting a completely different look, but a new kit (exciting!), and new lore to match. That basically constitutes a new champion who is coincidentally also named Karma. This is why many current Karma players are struggling right now and sounding off about it.

Healurownbum

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEpistle View Post
At this point, I almost wish that they would just scrap it say. "Okay, if everyone is just going to complain about any attempt to fix past characters, we just aren't doing reworks anymore." Just because it would be fitting. They can't please everyone. Diverting resources to a project to preserve a character for around say.. five thousand to ten thousand players in a multi million player game is illogical.

So if the player base is going to complain every single time they do it and harass them about it. It just seems like they might as well stop doing reworks and just focus on new content and leave all old characters to die off since if they do try to revisit them, all they get is complaints constantly from the purist faction.

Edit: Also, all of this is just from a few pictures, rather then anyone actually seeing her in game, so its so hard on jumping the gun its kinda depressing.
Our problem is they said they would keep the Karma feel abt her and they didnt. In my eyes they lied throu there teeth and its dissapointing. And makes my hope for her skillset bleek. Who says that will still have the same feeling as it does now.

Fine VU is going to happen ill have to deal with it. But if they change how easily she went from defense to offensive just by casting a mantra with a decent CD, it wouldnt just look like a new champion to me but be a compleetly new champion. And then i rather they stay the **** away from champions that need a remake if they arent even going to respect the current ppl that do love that champion. Cause to me its clear they dont give a **** abt the ppl that do love her.

And dont bring me the whole u get a free skin BS

Gabelous

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adige View Post
The major issue with the rework is just the sheer gravity of it. Other champions that have received visual upgrades are easily recognizable in their old and new forms, whereas Karma is not. There are no similarities between current Classic Karma and new Classic Karma. New hair, new outfit, new tattoo, new mantle, new weapons. The only things that stayed the same were the eyes and the skin tone. Morello calling this a "big change" deserves the understatement of the year award.

The inclusion of the Traditional Karma skin was brilliant on Riot's part. That skin is honestly everything I was expecting and more. Just a modified version of Karma's dress, easily recognizable and updated to the current standards. Simple and beautiful. The lack of fans was probably the first thing I noticed in the splash art, and my heart sank into my stomach. I have to wonder, though, why the Traditional Karma skin didn't become the new Classic skin and why this new Classic skin couldn't have become a new Karma skin. It could be Transcendent Karma or Nirvana Karma (if you want to play up the Buddhist references), I think it would solve a lot of the issues and hurt feelings that Karma players are feeling right now.

Honestly, I think I'll be okay with all of these changes as long as I can pretend this new Classic skin does not exist, but the loss of her fans is still a major blow to the gut (I think putting them somewhere [recall/taunt/joke/dance] is better than scrapping them entirely). The reworked classic skin is many things. It's beautiful, a lovely piece of artwork and technology, and perhaps one of the better designs that Riot has come up with lately. But there's too much "new" in it to convince me that that woman is Karma. Not only is she getting a completely different look, but a new kit (exciting!), and new lore to match. That basically constitutes a new champion who is coincidentally also named Karma. This is why many current Karma players are struggling right now and sounding off about it.
As for the "being easily recognizable forms", this is KARMA. No one really plays her, she is the black sheep of the already outcast group of "AP support you play as mid AP carries) so no really recognizes her anyway.

As for the update/remake, we needed it like, yesterday...