So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wezz

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Hell View Post
Karma is barely played anymore...she has the lowest play and win rates in the whole game. Why would ANYONE feel bad about the the changes? Good job in remaking an obsolete champion, Riot. =)
many people said karma doesn't fit the meta. I can agree with that, more or less, and she needs gold to be effective, which supports don't have much of.

HarryOrunitia

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
Ok, so you want her to keep her idle animation which would look stupid without her original dress and weapons.
Huh, no. It's a problem we wouldn't have if they kept her original dress and weapons. Which further proves my point that this is a completely different character from what she was before. Whether the change in posture came after the new clothes, or viceversa, or they both came on their own, the problem is that the result still conveys a completely different attitude, personality and style compared to her previous version.

Also I honestly think even with the new clothes they could've chosen a posture that's more classy, feminine and restrained instead of the taunting fighter thing she seems to have going on now.

Healurownbum

03-08-2013

I dont think Riot will change the looks anymore we are stuck with it. All we can hope for is that her voice wont have a syndra thing over it and her kit is still amazing. Else well we truelly have a new champion.

*Edit: Btw that im getting the VU Stuffed down my throat doesnt mean i like it Riot. Im just praying to god you didnt **** up the rest tbh.

Capitan Rick

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiluniS View Post
showing skin doesn't mean sexy! so close minded and paranoic with seeing a bit of skin, OMG!~ for example Zafina from Tekken, she's almost have no clothes, but her apperence as a defender is so strong that the amount of clothes she's wearing doesn't even affect her sexual appearence! same goes to the new karma but you obssesed with seeing a bit of skin and calling her oversexualized that you don't even giving a chance to see her new personality!
showing skin like that doesnt fit the part, could you imagine the ruler of any country, anywhere in the world, at any time you could think of, showing up in clothes that reveal an entire leg, in tight fit clothes? its ridiculous, it doesnt fit the part of what of a strong leader, it doesnt fit the karma character at all. I know its not real world, but it doesnt fit any kind of social ideal that could be imagined. and unless you are completely gay, showing skin is hot and sexy, especially on a really good looking girl. I mean sure theres cases where i dont want to see any skin on a 500lb pound chick cus i might go blind, but for most normal girls seeing skin is hot. I mean really, why would girls show skin if they thought guys didnt care?

Sessamo

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Hell View Post
Karma is barely played anymore...she has the lowest play and win rates in the whole game. Why would ANYONE feel bad about the the changes? Good job in remaking an obsolete champion, Riot. =)
lol she wasn't obsolete, Karma is still an insanely good pick in TT.
IMO she just really suffered from a) really unappealing visuals b) relied really heavily on having a dive-heavy bruiser on your team.

Sonicfayt

03-08-2013

got Karma the day of her release, garenteed free skin the day of her remodel.

meme it >_>

Firellius

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
What were we looking to improve with Karma?

The connection between Karmaís motif and playstyle was never as clear as it could have been. She didnít have a distinct theme that tied everything together and brought out the badass spiritual leader she is in her lore.
And this does?

Looking at the screenshots, she's lost a lot of her solemn demeanor. Her visual design made her feel like she was patient, resolute and wise. Though she doesn't physically stand tall, her animations, pose and model did radiate a certain elegance that elevated her above the others.

I hope you'll be releasing this to PBE soon so I can take a closer look, because from here... It looks like you've standardised her drastically. And especially for someone like Karma, that is a horrible thing to do.

MrTharne

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
Huh, no. It's a problem we wouldn't have if they kept her original dress and weapons. Which further proves my point that this is a completely different character from what she was before. Whether the change in posture came after the new clothes, or viceversa, or they both came on their own, the problem is that the result still conveys a completely different attitude, personality and style compared to her previous version.

Also I honestly think even with the new clothes they could've chosen a posture that's more classy, feminine and restrained instead of the taunting fighter thing she seems to have going on now.
All of this, is a matter of point of view, tastes, etc...

If Karma would have become said Leblanc from FFX-2(http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...03/Leblanc.jpg) in terms of posture and outfit while still keeping her fans, I wouldn't be able to accept that for exemple. And Karma's new outfit is like miles away in term of 'sexyness' than Leblanc's (hopefully ^^ ).

DemiluniS

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitan Rick View Post
showing skin like that doesnt fit the part, could you imagine the ruler of any country, anywhere in the world, at any time you could think of, showing up in clothes that reveal an entire leg, in tight fit clothes? its ridiculous, it doesnt fit the part of what of a strong leader, it doesnt fit the karma character at all. I know its not real world, but it doesnt fit any kind of social ideal that could be imagined. and unless you are completely gay, showing skin is hot and sexy, especially on a really good looking girl. I mean sure theres cases where i dont want to see any skin on a 500lb pound chick cus i might go blind, but for most normal girls seeing skin is hot. I mean really, why would girls show skin if they thought guys didnt care?
it's a fantasy! and yes I can seea SPIRITUAL leader uncovering her leg like that

MrTharne

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitan Rick View Post
Cleopatra ? And now i want a Cleopatra Skin for the new Karma. Riot Please!