So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chokomaro

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz21 View Post
May I ask one thing? Since the Fans are being taken away from Karma because they didn't fit her new Image.. Could we possibly see this type of weapon on a future champion?
Riot thinks folding fans are not magical enough so maybe they'll be part of a future ADC champion.

They should just import Kitana from Street Fighter.

MrTharne

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokomaro View Post
They should just import Kitana from Street Fighter.
Mortal Kombat.

Iridos

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
Disappointed at the lack of reds
Reds are too busy cracking jokes about the new blob "leak". Kind of pisses me off that we got one spate of reactions, then nothing.

Healurownbum

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridos View Post
Reds are too busy cracking jokes about the new blob "leak". Kind of pisses me off that we got one spate of reactions, then nothing.

Wouldnt suprise me they are trying to come up with a good and collected responce to this all. As its a rather extreem we hate it we like it kind of a thread. And the majorty of old karma lovers do not like it.

Atleast i hope they try and have a great responce.

Chokomaro

03-08-2013

I really don't like the new model, Karma just looks like... a typical Ninja girl .

Riot's idea of being an appealing champion is mediocrity.

VexTheHex

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
Wouldnt suprise me they are trying to come up with a good and collected responce to this all. As its a rather extreem we hate it we like it kind of a thread. And the majorty of old karma lovers do not like it.

Atleast i hope they try and have a great responce.
I have little doubt Riot knew the reaction they would get. Karma fell flat as champion in many ways, and the only way to bring her up to the other champions of League was for her to go through some major changes. People hate change. However, it's clear a strong majority is liking the new Karma, look at the upvote count. People who are upset are just more likely to express their concerns, misery does indeed love company.

I think Riot having the Traditional skin that is being gifted to every owner of Karma that matches quite a bit of her original theme, was really a brilliant move and I think people are taking it for granted. Though I still voice that she should get the new voice, seeing as the fans and dress joke will be conflicting now.

Lastly, there are some remarks by some that have been pretty insulting towards the Red's and their hard work. While it's alright to voice concerns, people are jumping on some bandwagon that Karma is a stripper now when she is no where close to one. We have not see her new animations, her new voice, or even seen her Kit. I think people are reacting overly hostile over the least favorite champion of League.

Healurownbum

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexTheHex View Post
I have little doubt Riot knew the reaction they would get. Karma fell flat as champion in many ways, and the only way to bring her up to the other champions of League was for her to go through some major changes. People hate change. However, it's clear a strong majority is liking the new Karma, look at the upvote count. People who are upset are just more likely to express their concerns, misery does indeed love company.

I think Riot having the Traditional skin that is being gifted to every owner of Karma that matches quite a bit of her original theme, was really a brilliant move and I think people are taking it for granted. Though I still voice that she should get the new voice, seeing as the fans and dress joke will be conflicting now.

Lastly, there are some remarks by some that have been pretty insulting towards the Red's and their hard work. While it's alright to voice concerns, people are jumping on some bandwagon that Karma is a stripper now when she is no where close to one. We have not see her new animations, her new voice, or even seen her Kit. I think people are reacting overly hostile over the least favorite champion of League.
I love the fact they did that, but they are making her a compleetly differnt champion from what i have currently seen. And i do not like it.

Makes me worry abt Eve VU. She might end up fully clothed and a good girl fibe to her.

VexTheHex

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
I love the fact they did that, but they are making her a compleetly differnt champion from what i have currently seen. And i do not like it.

Makes me worry abt Eve VU. She might end up fully clothed and a good girl fibe to her.
How so?

If we are going with Traditional Karma for the example. She has the same skin tone, the same eye markings, the same hair, the same utility mage vibe (hopefully made stronger in both), and she is still keeping her title as being a powerful Ionian leader who has deep connections to her innerself.

What exactly is gone?

Her dress has been modified. This is quite a good thing. It's was impratical to the point of being kind of dumb. She is running through the jungle, and she will get snagged on every branch and trip over and roots she comes across. You know the best way to stop her from fleeing from you? Step on her dress. The Traditional Karma even keeps the same color scheme and keeps her covered up. (a leg and her shoulders are bare in the new classic) People change outfits all the time, I don't think her clothes being changed to a degree destroyed her. I think she still looks classy, just not to a overdone level.

Her fans are the other thing. What exactly did she do with her fans? Her emotes. I think by taking them away from her, they have opened up the oppurtunity to add a future champion that uses giant battle fans. While her fans being removed did shock me, I can accept that they wanted to push Karma's inner power theme and not the fan fighter that she never really went into anyway.

We do not know how she sounds, her new lore, her new animations, or her new Kit. We know she is keeping her Mantra and looks like she kept her Spirit Bond spell. Though it also appears one of her other two were cut, which between the two I'd bet it was Heavenly Wave as Riot has never been big on healers and all other Utility mages do not have AoE heals.

Veelivar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-08-2013

Her entire personality?

MrTharne

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelivar View Post
Her entire personality?
Like VexTheHex said, we don't know the new lore, how can you talk about personality without it ?