Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


So, about that Karma leak...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rune998

Member

03-07-2013

I think my large issue with the new look is that she has gone from clearly Asian influences to more of an Aztec feel. While I think it would be cool to have an Aztec themed champion I don't think completely changing Karma's visuals is the way to achieve this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiyoSpirit

Senior Member

03-07-2013

I really like the new rework, but for the traditional skin, her dragons should be replaced with fans. Fans were the center point of Karma and I don't think that skin can be considered traditional without them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Combat Engineer

Member

03-07-2013

Is it too late to buy karma for this free skin?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glaedien

Recruiter

03-07-2013

This is awesome to hear. I've been playing Karma a lot recently, and I'm looking forward to what you guys do with her


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilverKitsune

Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
SplendidSorrow:
Now should they have gathered more feedback publicly? This is hard to say. They had already collected a lot of feedback on Karma. I think publically collecting feedback would have ended up worse off than this thread. I don't think it would have worked out as well as you would think it might. Now Morello has admitted they underestimated the appeal of the fans, and honestly? I can't entirely blame him.


As far as I know, most of the (recent) GD posts on Karma was regarding her kit, and not her appearance, and it was mostly along the lines of "give us another Mantra charge" or "reduce the cooldown on getting more Mantra charges" or "tweak/rework her kit some and she'll be fine". Miscommunication? Yes. I think had they asked about her appearance, though, they would've picked up that people didn't really like the way her dress looked (along with a thousand plus "Karma who? lulz" posts).

The thing is, Karma's rework isn't done yet. If the new splash hadn't been leaked, this thread, and all the feedback here wouldn't even exist until they did the rework announcement post, at which point, it would have been too late. As it stands, they can either continue with the remake as planned (which is what it's looking like, unfortunately, given the last few red posts we've had), or they could stop, take the feedback they have gotten, and reconsider how they're going to move forward from here (which is what I'm hoping they'll do, given their history of responding to player feedback).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Godly6R

Senior Member

03-07-2013

In b4 Karma Sutra Skin!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solari Eclipse

Recruiter

03-07-2013

Just a minor question: What was the thought process leading to a free skin to everyone who owned Karma before the relaunch over the notion of giving it to everyone who owned her before the announcement of the prelaunch (the cutoff date being the difference)? I kinda feel like that falls more to the devotion of people who are traditionally Karma players. This point was brought up to me by a buddy of mine who does not own Karma and agrees with this standpoint.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SplendidSorrow

Senior Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
SilverKitsune:
As far as I know, most of the (recent) GD posts on Karma was regarding her kit, and not her appearance, and it was mostly along the lines of "give us another Mantra charge" or "reduce the cooldown on getting more Mantra charges" or "tweak/rework her kit some and she'll be fine". Miscommunication? Yes. I think had they asked about her appearance, though, they would've picked up that people didn't really like the way her dress looked (along with a thousand plus "Karma who? lulz" posts).


Not all feedback need be taken from the community on the forums. There are things such as focus groups and surveys and so on and so forth as well to gather data.

And I'm not sure how much that thread would have exposed the fans as being that much of a hot button issue. I mean I have enjoyed playing Karma, and I would have never realized that her fans were that important to people. I don't think that would have necessarily come out in said thread unless they specifically said 'this is what we're intending'.

Quote:

The thing is, Karma's rework isn't done yet. If the new splash hadn't been leaked, this thread, and all the feedback here wouldn't even exist until they did the rework announcement post, at which point, it would have been too late. As it stands, they can either continue with the remake as planned (which is what it's looking like, unfortunately, given the last few red posts we've had), or they could stop, take the feedback they have gotten, and reconsider how they're going to move forward from here (which is what I'm hoping they'll do, given their history of responding to player feedback).


Here's where you and I will disagree to a larger degree. At this point they've spent x number of hours creating the model, and skins, as well as particle effects for this redone karma as well as spent tons of time redesigning her kits. To me it doesn't make sense to send all of that back to the drawing board to appease a very small number of people when part of the reason for this was to make her more visually appealing to more people, and even more so because its about ready to hit the PBE (Soon TM being the timing).

Should said feedback be taken into consideration for everything else down the road? Oh heck yes, and that's what they say they intend to do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

In1erlude

Junior Member

03-07-2013

Does karma retain her sass? Her in-game phrases were the best; and that doesn't even include her "nuh-you-didn't" walk.

it was the best thing ever to be low on health, dived, and then 100-0 the unknowing teemo that had the misfortune of targeting me, and then walk it off like "mmm-- swag on that."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calypsx

Senior Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
In1erlude:
Does karma retain her sass? Her in-game phrases were the best; and that doesn't even include her "nuh-you-didn't" walk.

it was the best thing ever to be low on health, dived, and then 100-0 the unknowing teemo that had the misfortune of targeting me, and then walk it off like "mmm-- swag on that."

No, it's gone now sadly.

To be honest think of this as an entirely different character personality wise... I'm calling it Karma's sister.