So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RoflSyrup

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
Im wondering when a red will pop in to shut us up fighting abt it all. Cause it does seem to be come a dramaqueen ball right abt now o.o

*Edit: No offense btw!

Im still sticking to the whole u can like it or hate it just dont be an ass abt it
I agree. I don't think the fighting is getting anywhere. The few who are arguing seem rather unyielding.

I think, eventually, most of the ones who don't like it will learn to get used to the change, and be able to enjoy the traditional skin or even her new default. (Despite the apparent lack of fans as a weapon, it is considerate of Riot to add the traditional skin) That pattern seems to happen with a lot of things that some players have an initial negative reaction to.

HarryOrunitia

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning VII View Post
Normally the reaction of a close minded person is to retort with false words and/or hostility.
Quote:
I'm sorry something so trivial is what causes you small groups of underdogs to rise up in arms

But please, attempt to insult me cause I had something to say about your whining that you took to heart.
Quote:
You're a moron who is now just throwing out nonsense. She's perfect now, Literally. She represents her name accurately for once. And who are you to tell someone they haven't played karma, yet sit around and expect that someone should respect what you have to say.

You are now irrelephant.
Quote:
First off you don't work for riot, so don't be obnoxious.

Secondly it has everything to do with being closed minded, just as much as your denial does.
I really find this hilarious.

Your Shadow

03-07-2013

Quote:
The problem with that would be?
It's supposed to be a gift to players who stuck with Karma and enjoyed previous look, and that's nice. But if they just give it out to everyone who unlocked Karma right after the announcement went out that she comes with a free skin, then it's not doing that.

Healurownbum

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolalips View Post
I'm sorry for your taste. I wish you a fast recovery.
This made me laugh thank you <3 Something my ex would of said

Gofr

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Persona View Post
It's supposed to be a gift to players who stuck with Karma and enjoyed previous look, and that's nice. But if they just give it out to everyone who unlocked Karma right after the announcement went out that she comes with a free skin, then it's not doing that.
It's ok. I just unlocked her 5 minutes ago, but still will never touch her ever. I'm sure others jumping on the badwagon will do the same.

Goddess Din

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I don't actually understand this. Did you expect the model to remain low-res? Is this a fan/no-fan thing? I want to understand, but this is really confusing that this is a feeling someone has on this.
I would guess at it being related to the fact that on live, Karma's dress is currently well... a dress. The Traditional skin you're releasing for the reworked Karma is more of a robe than the long dress that she currently wears.

I'm a fan of how the new Traditional skin looks right now, but I can definitely see where it'd be closer to the current Karma if her dress was made into an actual dress instead of having the robe-like looseness that the default reworked skin has.

HarryOrunitia

03-07-2013

Quote:
Sigh, people like you make me lose faith in the world. Do yourself a favor and go back to my original post. Re read it, re read it again. You keep saying it doesnt make sense. It makes perfect sense. This is why I believe you to be close minded. Google the word karma and the re read what I said, please for your own sake. It made plenty of sense.
Also I'm glad you're so proud of your little Google search, really, but no one was even arguing about her name, and it's impossible to tell from her visual rework if her name will be more appropriate now. The references to Karma were mostly in her kit and we haven't seen that yet.

Lightning VII

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
I really find this hilarious.
I find you hilarious for having the inability of knowing the difference between statements and hostility, as well as the difference between initial hostility and responsive distaste.

You merely continue to try and distort things cause you are upset.

SilverKitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidSorrow View Post
I'd argue that you could keep the posture and the fans, but I'd also say the dress had to go. It was ugly as sin, and didn't make any sense. (Personally I really like the 'traditional' skin remake there as a way to update that etc).
I agree with you there to an extent (I never really thought of the dress as ugly. Impractical, maybe, but not ugly.) All Karma really needed was a skill remake. If they wanted to give her a new "battle" outfit/skin to celebrate that, and update her lore some as a part of it, great. I love the look of her Traditional skin - it looks gorgeous, and I love the split dress design furthers her yin-yang theme: It gives her the silhouette (from the back) of an elegant lady (someone you'd associate with a weak damsel in distress) but the split front and the freedom of motion of her legs shows she's more than capable of holding her own in a fight. That change isn't bad, and I, for one, fully embrace that part of it.

As for her new default skin, I don't like it. The bare leg really seems to just be an excuse for to go, "Look, look! She has a tattoo on her leg now!" It's not about whether it's over-sexualized or not, it's about whether or not it's Karma. And Karma, to me (and it seems like there's at least a few others who think of her along similar lines), was the negotiator who got the job done without the need to show any skin or losing her cool, because that's just how good she is at reading people. Don't believe me? Look in her current lore: She negotiated for the release of prisoners by playing off of the Noxian general's insecurities.

The fans . . . I've posted about already 50+ pages ago, at this point, but to reiterate: Fans are a symbol of nobility, and Japanese war fans in particular have long been used by samurai to signal orders on the battlefield, defend themselves in situations where they could not keep a more "typical" weapon with them (like negotiations) and have been incorporated into (at least one) martial arts school. Guess what? Karma's a negotiator turned leader and paragon, trying to balance the new with the old. I really don't think there's a better or more appropriate weapon for her to use - the fans, in my opinion, are a good way to show that with her more modern split dress look. The fans didn't need to go.

The problem with re-imagining an "unpopular" champion like Karma, who has been out for as long as she has (she was released on February 1, 2011) is that a majority of the players who main her and like her are more likely to be the die hard and hard to please fans. To have Riot come in and say, "This is the change, and this is more or less the final version", let alone Morello cracking jokes about how few people like her, is a slap in the face. The bigger insult, though, is the fact they didn't put up a sticky post, a poll, or have an open discussion to ask what people liked about her, or saw as iconic to her design, so that it could be kept in her re-imagined version.

Healurownbum

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflSyrup View Post
I agree. I don't think the fighting is getting anywhere. The few who are arguing seem rather unyielding.

I think, eventually, most of the ones who doesn't like it will learn to get used to the change, and be able to enjoy the traditional skin or even her new default. (Despite the apparent lack of fans as a weapon, it is considerate of Riot to add the traditional skin) That pattern seems to happen with a lot of things that some players have an initial negative reaction to.
I think i can at one point like the skin, even tho she glows puke green

Im just mostly worried abt her skin. They are going away from balance to move forward more to offense then the balance between offense and defense.

Afraid the way she feels right now will be removed and rly making it a compleet new champion.