So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skaarrjj

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftsLikeGaston View Post
One could argue that Lee Sin is underpowered, yet he's in 25% of matches. His win rate is incredibly low, almost 10 lowest. He's just really fun to play and looks cool.
Dont take his bait. He will just argue a different point instead of talking about the actual logistics of karma.

Zerglinator

03-07-2013

Quote:
One could argue that Lee Sin is underpowered, yet he's in 25% of matches. His win rate is incredibly low, almost 10 lowest. He's just really fun to play and looks cool.
Yeah, how long was he powerful? Is he known as a troll pick? Is it possible Karma would have more popularity if she was actually strong for some period of time? Was there an April Fool's Champion Spotlight for Karma as a highly anticipated champion? The differences here are large.

HarryOrunitia

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidSorrow View Post
I don't see how its a large leap to go from icon of balance, leading her country to icon of her country, and balancing the new vs tradition. To me that's actually the logical transition...especially for a leader such as Karma who's about the balance of such things and inspiration.

I really don't understand how that is not a natural progression...
I still think it is not a natural progression, but leaving that aside for a moment, if you're all for logical progression and think it's normal for Riot to do things this way, why exactly didn't Annie get like 5 years older in her rework? It would be just logical progression, no? Or maybe not, since part of her appeal is that she's a little pyromaniac kid with a teddy bear that occasionaly comes to life to kill everyone.

And that's exactly my problem with this Karma rework, logical progression or not, it's not ok to take away the appeal of a certain character.

Healurownbum

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaarrjj View Post
The community likes the new karma. I even like the new karma and hated the old one because she looked stupid as hell. I also thought the fans were a dumb idea. The new draconic symbol is pretty badass.
Please get this throu that thick skull of yours as its clearly not happening just yet. Some like the change some dont. Its as simple as that. You like it, I do not. Differnt opinions. U just saying its dumb and stupid and what isnt helping at all. Just making ppl annoyed.

Send Me Lewds

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Yeah, how long was he powerful? Is he known as a troll pick? Is it possible Karma would have more popularity if she was actually strong for some period of time? Was there an April Fool's Champion Spotlight for Karma as a highly anticipated champion? The differences here are large.
The difference being people LIKE Lee Sin. Be it his playstyle, his potential power, or just how cool he looks. Karma had neither of those things that were interesting.

ivaremanuel

03-07-2013

I waaaaant :3 so beautiful

Skaarrjj

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by healurownbum View Post
please get this throu that thick skull of yours as its clearly not happening just yet. Some like the change some dont. Its as simple as that. You like it, i do not. Differnt opinions. U just saying its dumb and stupid and what isnt helping at all. Just making ppl annoyed.
change is scary

Circe10

03-07-2013

As a long time Karma player, I just wanted to say this looks amazing! She still retains the serenity and strength that Karma has always had, but shows the transition to being so much more badass.

I was looking at the old compared to the new and it made me think of one of those movies where the main character has to go into some battle and there is a montage of them putting armour on while some epic song is playing. Then they show up looking super badass and ready to fight. To me, that's old Karma to new Karma. Great job guys!

SplendidSorrow

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
I still think it is not a natural progression, but leaving that aside for a moment, if you're all for logical progression and think it's normal for Riot to do things this way, why exactly didn't Annie get like 5 years older in her rework? It would be just logical progression, no? Or maybe not, since part of her appeal is that she's a little pyromaniac kid with a teddy bear that occasionaly comes to life to kill everyone.

And that's exactly my problem with this Karma rework, logical progression or not, it's not ok to take away the appeal of a certain character.
Well one could also argue that Annie's rework was only a visual update, whereas Karma's is a complete overhaul from visual to kit.

But observation time...Karma is about balance, you see emphasis on one part, where as I see emphasis on another. You focus on part A, whereas I focus on part B. Just an amusing thought that the reaction to the rework has its own yin and yang....

Zerglinator

03-07-2013

Quote:
The difference being people LIKE Lee Sin. Be it his playstyle, his potential power, or just how cool he looks. Karma had neither of those things that were interesting.
Aside from, ya know, I like Karma's current playstyle, potential power, and how cool she looks. Sorry you don't like it.