So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Send Me Lewds

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Pretty sure her low popularity was due to her being underpowered.
Nope, there's some underpowered champs that are still popular.

Skaarrjj

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftsLikeGaston View Post
Her low popularity was due to her not being very appealing be it visually, power level, and playstyle. Riot is changing all of those.
Also this. People gotta be underdogs man. Nothing will change that, and they'll ***** until they have their way.

phatcat09

03-07-2013

Wow 3 whole pages of the same people arguing about nothing this has got to be a new record.

Zerglinator

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftsLikeGaston View Post
Nope, there's some underpowered champs that are still popular.
Yeah, like who?

And are they renowned as "the weakest champion and only a troll pick"?

SplendidSorrow

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
Gee, I wonder how.

Maybe Mortal Kombat is the wrong game to use as the example, but martial arts clothes? Fighting stances? That's just not Karma.

I understand if people actually LIKE the new design, prefer it over the old one, it's normal, it's a matter of taste (and it's the reason why I think this would've been great as a new skin). But to say that there's no difference conceptually and thematically in both the design and the champion itself, that the complete change in her personality is completely believable and natural... Well, that's just insane.
I don't see how its a large leap to go from icon of balance, leading her country to icon of her country, and balancing the new vs tradition. To me that's actually the logical transition...especially for a leader such as Karma who's about the balance of such things and inspiration.

I really don't understand how that is not a natural progression...

Skaarrjj

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolalips View Post
People don't play her because she sucks.
Nothing to do with her look.
Hence that 1500 posts 600K views thread. The community likes Karma.

Remember Evelynn? She was tied with Karma as the least popular champions. She got her kit rework and she's now fine.
Evenylnn doesn't count. She was very strong, and got purposely nerfed (Admitted by riot). Then got a kit rework. Then nerfed pretty hard again

Invisibleally

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatcat09 View Post
me me me me me me

That's kinda the issue.

You don't get to reinterpret a character for everybody else once it's released to the masses.
For a fictional character to have a future, someone has to write it. Clearly, when things change we don't always like those changes, but in order to have a future, change has to occur.

Her history wasn't reinterpreted, her future was created. I think I speak for everyone who cares when I genuinely extend my apologies that you don't like the changes.

You are right, the issue is "me me me me me me", but the person having the issue isn't the person you are indicating, I think.

Megnificent

03-07-2013

I'm going to be honest, when I saw the leak to the Karma rework, I thought for sure I wouldn't like it. I wouldn't say I'm a die-hard Karma fan, but I did pick her up early in playing League. I've always loved her lore as well as her strong yet composed look and play-style. I was worried that her remake would stray from that when I saw her new model was less clothed, and looked nothing like her original model. But after reading all the facts and getting a better idea of what she's going to be like, I feel much better about the upcoming changes. Yes, it is change, and it is going to take a lot of getting used to. But I really do believe this will truly be better for her, and I'd like to believe other Karma fans will warm up to the idea too. I will admit I'm a bit sad she didn't get to keep her fans, as I really liked that about her, but I suppose that just leaves room to have a fan-based champion down the road that better reflects the theme. Anyways, I look forward to seeing this on the PBE and trying her out again. Well done, Riot. <3

Send Me Lewds

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Yeah, like who?

And are they renowned as "the weakest champion and only a troll pick"?
One could argue that Lee Sin is underpowered, yet he's in 25% of matches. His win rate is incredibly low, almost 10 lowest. He's just really fun to play and looks cool.

ColorIess

03-07-2013

Will her traditional skin have a new splash art? I like the new traditional in game model, but I won't use it if it still has the old splash.