So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Healurownbum

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
That's definitely what Guinsoo was doing in his version of the rework, or so I've heard. I don't know if Scarizard is going down the same path, I really hope not, but after seeing this awful VU I'm sure any hope I could have about this rework is completely, absolutely meaningless.
Riot lost a big chunk of faith with the VU from me, wont lie. But im holding on hope for her kit.
Even tho i used to love Eve how she was and they kinda ruined that for me. Im rly trying to keep up hope for her kit. I rly hope she is a balance between the two worlds and can easily switch between offense and defense without extreem cooldowns.

Cause for some reason i dont see it working out if all spells alrdy have both ends that would make them too strong so then the ratio's would have to be nerfed. Unless they are going for a Lulu twist to it changing spell based on who its cast on. I still hope not ofc but we will see lol

Just chin up smile and take it like a champ. U know Karma would of done that so follow her.

Dasaru

03-07-2013

Thank you Riot. The changes seem amazing!

IS17950c5e7a0344f6b3010

03-07-2013

wow , took you only a whole year and a half.

danwilson

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDMarco View Post
I always felt, as a Karma player, that you could really feel the desperation of her when you played her.
Overcoming adversity.
The very moment you select Karma there is a wave of hatred coming your way. (Much larger wave when you go mid.) Then the uncerntantity on both teams. Your team is expecting you to suck and the enemy team is expecting to have a free mid. Once you start eating the opposing mid for breakfast the poles start to change. The enemy jungler has taken up residence in the bush mid lane.
Team fights start and your contribution to them is amazing, but you'll never get credit because your Karma and she's "useless". That massive team heal that kept everyone in the game, that was Karma. The burst shield that allowed your jungler to get that triple kill, that was Karma. When that jungler got caught later and every skill and mantra were burned and they walked out alive, that was Karma. And when the game is over and your team wins, you keep your composure when all the credit goes to the Top, Jungler, or ADC. Not only do they still see you as just a support, your just Karma. The most underrated champion in the league.

The light at the end of the tunnel is that one champ on the enemy team that goes, "I've never seen her played like that. KARMA OP!"
Haha... I've had many games like that. Recently I called mid first and had to convince another player I could play mid with Karma, as he wanted to mid with Nami... Anyways, that game I got a pentakill, most kills, least deaths, highest CS, most gold... It was my best game ever. That didn't stop the Nami player from criticizing my build... lol

I really don't think she's a good support, compared with the stronger choices available. She's mana hungry, no hard CC, and short ranged... But she's an incredible mid as long as you don't face a Mordekaiser.

Calypsx

03-07-2013

No fans, no karma, not playing this game anymore. As a Karma main this is really saddening, you completley changed her character, a character we learned to love over the past 2 years. Yeah this is enough to quit the game.

Imagine if Caityln had her rifle taken from her, that wouldn't make people happy either.

Finly Erkenwald

03-07-2013

I will miss the old Karma fans. I always liked them...but then again, the first time my fiance saw Karma, I remember her saying "really, they gave her fans as weapons?" So maybe not everyone was a fan of the fans, lol.

Minus the twinge of nostalgia (change is difficult), I like the new model, and the traditional skin for the new model. Thumbs up to Riot for this, I look forward to when she makes it to the PBE so I can read more about the gameplay changes (I'm already hard at work practicing my WHAT?!? THEY DID WHAT TO HER ABILITIES?!? ARE THEY INSANE?!?) :P

Qonker

03-07-2013

I like the new model. Everything looks amazing, really want to know her kit.

But seriously, no fans? Please tell me at least one of her skins will have fans, or a fan. It is iconic of her. Also, if the traditional is keeping the same VO, are you removing the sh*t hitting the fan joke? Of all the things I imagined for this rework, losing the fans was not on there. I'm not going to say this ruins Karma, because honestly her kit rework will decide if she is worth playing. I really hope you revisit the idea of including her fans.

Karma was the first champion I bought a skin for and really got me into this game, so no matter what happens she will always remain near and dear to me. Sakura Karma ftw.

Oyin

03-07-2013

Yay! a new champion

HarryOrunitia

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finly Erkenwald View Post
I will miss the old Karma fans. I always liked them...but then again, the first time my fiance saw Karma, I remember her saying "really, they gave her fans as weapons?" So maybe not everyone was a fan of the fans, lol.

Minus the twinge of nostalgia (change is difficult), I like the new model, and the traditional skin for the new model. Thumbs up to Riot for this, I look forward to when she makes it to the PBE so I can read more about the gameplay changes (I'm already hard at work practicing my WHAT?!? THEY DID WHAT TO HER ABILITIES?!? ARE THEY INSANE?!?) :P
Fans as weapons might sound ridiculous to someone who doesn't know the game, but this is a game where a champion fights with a lamppost, another with a keyboard/guzheng type of thing, and another one destroys people with a blowgun and explosive mushrooms. And I'm talking about fan favorites here.

Qonker

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
Fans as weapons might sounds ridiculous to someone who doesn't know the game, but this is a game where a champion fights with a lamppost, another with a keyboard/guzheng type of thing, and another one destroys people with a blowgun and explosive mushrooms. And I'm talking about fan favorites here.
lol