So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bes7iA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjj92 View Post
With karma now you can only troll
a lot of people say that, most of them had no idea what to do with a karma on their team,
wich can change the whole "meta-game"

kjj92

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainT View Post
The more and more I look at it the MORE AND MORE I hate that floating mess behind her.

I think she'd look even more sleek and bad ass without it. (and of course with fans)

The main and only reason I don't play Irelia is because of the floating mess behind her.
They have a fancy name for that floating thing, if you cared anything about lores you would know that only Ionian females with higher social status can wear those, and karma always has one, and I believe it means much more to her than pathetic fans

Shalinar

03-06-2013

Morello and team I also sincerely hope that you guys keep in mind that you will never please 100% of the people 100% of the time. The work you guys have done so far looks fantastic. Keep in mind that we cant see the whole package, and so any negative (and even positive) feedback you receive is from an imperfect vantage point. We already know that you are not trying to destroy Karma or anything like that. We know that you will do your best to keep her character intact but also move forward with the design in a way that will bring her up to speed visually and competitively.

In Riot we trust.

phatcat09

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
, Karma's story for me is about her transition from the reserved politician to an active leader
me me me me me me

That's kinda the issue.

You don't get to reinterpret a character for everybody else once it's released to the masses.

And if you do you better be damn well ready to receive criticism about it, and most importantly don't act like everyone else is irrationally defensive or that the interpretation that people have grown to love is faulted.

NoxisPWN

03-06-2013

Riot, thank you so much for doing this! The VU is absolutely gorgeous and I'm excited to get my hands on her relaunch It was truly a wonderful job, congrats!

P.S.: I'm glad that you got rid of her fans and her old, awkward model/dress/look. This version makes a lot more sense and is inmensely superior in every sense.

catraven

03-06-2013

the fans helped make her an instant non-play for me. i believe that flaw has been corrected.

Alanowen

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanowen View Post
Ok I hate to sort of veer off topic a little from this original thread posting, but I have heard a lot of talk about all the reworks and such going on. I was wondering if a dev could possibly answer this question, although its not expected.

Why is it that champions like Karma, or other "newer" releases have their remakes pushed ahead of a champion like, say, Heimer for example. I personally love Heimer and find he can be a bit underpowered. Even when I think I can do well, all my friends whine and complain when I pick him because they think he is basically unplayable.

I guess the end questions are.. Why do "newer" champs get ahead of older ones? And.. Is Heimer planned to have a released remake any time in the near future?
Sorry for reposting so much, I have been looking for this answer for a long time and havent found it.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeyu View Post
Morello.. the fans were very important to most of us.... fan throws for AA and just her tai-chi dance with them, etc?

The fans made Karma... tai-chi.. yin yang... muy importante!

Really though, please keep them <3 Or at least let the Geisha skin have them.. fans make the geisha. I mean... Geisha's are known for dance and their fan dances are marvelous. I invite you to Japan some time to watch a tourist geisha house, they mock the old ways and how geisha's acted, etc.
This is why, esp for Geisha, i find it important.. let alone what her whole story and land represents.. Please... reconsider.

Edit: Wow I doubt anyone read this because it was down voted as soon as I posted then refreshed. LOL

Karma hs a very Asian theme, as does Irelia and Master Yi. Get over it. The fans are suppose to be deadly but beautiful, it's how it has always been. Assassins used to dress as geisha with deadly fans, etc,
This is precisely why the next champion should be a battle-fan wielding assassin geisha.

The question is whether or not that champion should be Karma. It doesn't have to be, you know. She doesn't really give off that kind of vibe.

Muranodo

03-06-2013

There's a jarring amount of "we" with Riot in their statements as they seek to pretty much glance over the mass unhappiness about their change. We're well aware that you're not deciding to target the smaller niche groups anymore on any wide scale; I can see that with innovation.

Fix her traditional skin to be more like she used to be then like if it was a proper visual upgrade that encompassed what her old fans cared for and not (she passionately grew into this blazing hot leader that I keep reading veiled comments talking about sexual attraction to her now). Then you can make countless skins and renovations of her story. I could swallow that.

That's my angry logical tag add-on.

Shingo

03-06-2013

I find it surprising Riot weren't aware of players attachment to Karma's fans (or didn't deem them valuable enough to keep)

I really like her reworked traditional skin though which is cool because i'm not feeling her new base.

Interested to see how sun goddess Karma turns out it's always been my favourite