Game Crashing...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangell View Post
It says that my Nvidia is aldready updated and how do I update my Windows 7 to service pack 1 ?
Don't use the Driver Updater built within windows. go to Nvidia's website and download them.

Service Pack 1 should download if you use Windows Update, different from the driver updater. Windows Update is found in Control Panel.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mooseattacks

Junior Member

03-06-2013

i hope i did this right


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseymoo View Post
i hope i did this right
So the HP DV series were known for overheating....that COULD be your issue. If your system gets freakishly hot in the upper left corner, heat.

Aside from that, try and update your video drivers as well, they are several years old. Also, go into the BIOS and increase the amount of RAM dedicated to your integrated GPU. I believe HP allowed it on that model.

Typically to get into a Pavillion bios you hit F1, F8 or F10 during boot, right as you see the "HP Invent" logo.

You should then seen an option for the video RAM allocation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mooseattacks

Junior Member

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
So the HP DV series were known for overheating....that COULD be your issue. If your system gets freakishly hot in the upper left corner, heat.

Aside from that, try and update your video drivers as well, they are several years old. Also, go into the BIOS and increase the amount of RAM dedicated to your integrated GPU. I believe HP allowed it on that model.

Typically to get into a Pavillion bios you hit F1, F8 or F10 during boot, right as you see the "HP Invent" logo.

You should then seen an option for the video RAM allocation.
yea it does over heat from time to time but a cooling fan has helped me with that, also thank you very much for this information hope it works


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseymoo View Post
yea it does over heat from time to time but a cooling fan has helped me with that, also thank you very much for this information hope it works
Repeated overheating, over a period of time, damages the components to the point that they don't perform and eventually fail. I believe your model was part of a huge recall from HP, because the FoxConn fans and heatsink in that system sucked.

Not sure if it had an expiration date, I am sure it did.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mooseattacks

Junior Member

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
Repeated overheating, over a period of time, damages the components to the point that they don't perform and eventually fail. I believe your model was part of a huge recall from HP, because the FoxConn fans and heatsink in that system sucked.

Not sure if it had an expiration date, I am sure it did.
i was not able to change the bios at the start up menu and i have updated my videocard drivers and it still didnt work anyother suggestions please and thank you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archangell

Member

03-06-2013

Postal Twinkie where do I find the place to update the windows for service pack 1 ? I know its in control pannel but what is the name for it ? thanks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangell View Post
Postal Twinkie where do I find the place to update the windows for service pack 1 ? I know its in control pannel but what is the name for it ? thanks
Windows Update.

If you don't see it, you might not be in small view. In the upper right click the drop down that is labeled "View Type", then select "Small View". It will be the last icon.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseymoo View Post
i was not able to change the bios at the start up menu and i have updated my videocard drivers and it still didnt work anyother suggestions please and thank you.
Unfortunately you might have a situation of faulty hardware....

The next step would be to download and install HWMonitor, launch it and enable logging. Play until the crash, and after the crash open the log it saves and look at the temps of the CPU and GPU.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archangell

Member

03-06-2013

got it thanks