Would you like a /Roll function for pregame lobby?

Yes 23 71.88%
No 9 28.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Poll - Pregame Lobby /Roll Function [Request]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suda

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonike the 2nd View Post
I would like something to rely on as a last resort when 2 or more players fail to reach compromise. I feel like this could reduce a lot of rage, trolling, and general pregame team self-destruction. Just a simple 2-12 randomize function. This along with a pregame chat log for tribunal could probably come close to eliminating pregame misbehavior.

In case this wasn't clear
/roll Randomizes of # 2-12 is like a player rolling 2 dice.
Both Conflicting players /roll and they get a random number between 2-12, the winner is determined by highest roller.

Please Bump for Justice and Demacia!
TLDR; this is a short post, if you didn't read, don't post.

Even in this scenario it clearly separates the person that should be reported. Along with the prechat game log to enforce pregame behavior. It takes the burden off the team and places it directly on the players who cannot come to a compromise.

At the very least it could not possibly cause more problems than it would solve.

Oh god I remember this from dota i think riot needs to implement a similar alternative because most people decide on there pregame weather theregoing to troll or not

I troll about 1 in every 20 games in ranked himer dinger solo top etc

Phonike the 2nd

03-08-2013

bump

Phonike the 2nd

03-08-2013

bump

Reaganomics

03-08-2013

The problem is how do you define the champions.

If I que'd up for Mid, would only be able to select certain champs since I que'd up for mid? What I wanted to go with a non traditional mid? Many many people would flame or call troll on someone for this.

Even if you didn't restrict the champs people could play based on roles... people like playing different things in non traditional roles. I see plenty of Volibear in top or GP support. Hell panth bot for a kill lane is also popular. What's happens to those people?

Trolling can happen just as easily in this system, if not easier. If someone decided to go with support and picked Morde for support... what do you do in that situation? Or called mid and went Rammus?

The other big question is this: Do you lock the roles?

What I mean by that is this. Say you que up for mid. You are all set to pick a champ you play frequently, when suddenly they pick your direct counter. Someone so tough for you that you KNOW you are just going to lose that lane. It maybe a champ you have trouble with when it comes to a certain champ, or even one that just works well against your play style. Would u be locked into your role or would u be able to trade your role with another player?

I guess it all really comes down to this: Queing up is one thing, but how does the game recognize that you have followed through with your assigned role once you are in lobby? Does it restrict champion selection? If so how? Does it track your selection/lane during gameplay? Can you change your assigned role once in lobby? What is to stop someone from trolling with their pick?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea. It just has some kinks that need to be worked out.

Phonike the 2nd

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaganomics View Post
The problem is how do you define the champions.

If I que'd up for Mid, would only be able to select certain champs since I que'd up for mid? What I wanted to go with a non traditional mid? Many many people would flame or call troll on someone for this.

Even if you didn't restrict the champs people could play based on roles... people like playing different things in non traditional roles. I see plenty of Volibear in top or GP support. Hell panth bot for a kill lane is also popular. What's happens to those people?

Trolling can happen just as easily in this system, if not easier. If someone decided to go with support and picked Morde for support... what do you do in that situation? Or called mid and went Rammus?

The other big question is this: Do you lock the roles?

What I mean by that is this. Say you que up for mid. You are all set to pick a champ you play frequently, when suddenly they pick your direct counter. Someone so tough for you that you KNOW you are just going to lose that lane. It maybe a champ you have trouble with when it comes to a certain champ, or even one that just works well against your play style. Would u be locked into your role or would u be able to trade your role with another player?

I guess it all really comes down to this: Queing up is one thing, but how does the game recognize that you have followed through with your assigned role once you are in lobby? Does it restrict champion selection? If so how? Does it track your selection/lane during gameplay? Can you change your assigned role once in lobby? What is to stop someone from trolling with their pick?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea. It just has some kinks that need to be worked out.
....You may want to read the post this time and try again.

Phonike the 2nd

03-13-2013

bump