Would you like a /Roll function for pregame lobby?

Yes 23 71.88%
No 9 28.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Poll - Pregame Lobby /Roll Function [Request]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phonike the 2nd

03-06-2013

I would like something to rely on as a last resort when 2 or more players fail to reach compromise. I feel like this could reduce a lot of rage, trolling, and general pregame team self-destruction. Just a simple 2-12 randomize function. This along with a pregame chat log for tribunal could probably come close to eliminating pregame misbehavior.

In case this wasn't clear
/roll Randomizes of # 2-12 is like a player rolling 2 dice.
Both Conflicting players /roll and they get a random number between 2-12, the winner is determined by highest roller.

Please Bump for Justice and Demacia!
TLDR; This is a short post, if you didn't read, don't post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldilocksSludge View Post
I like the idea. It gives a fair, totally unbiased way to resolve an argument. It's theoretically real nice.

Practically, though, what do you honestly expect? I see it going more like this...

A: I don't support, I'm jungling.
B: No way, man, I'm jungling.
A: BUT I CAN'T SUPPORT ****** TROLL GG
B: Tough, I'm jungling anyway *** loser **** **** **** troll
C: guys, just roll for it.
A + B: OK!

They roll. The outcome is irrelevant.

Roll winner: Yeah, so you support.
Roll loser: no way ******, I don't support /locks in jungle.
Roll winner: **** YOU GG TROLL REPORTED /locks in jungle

I do like the idea of submitting pregame chat logs to the tribunal. That needs to happen. I don't think it would stop people from ignoring the results of their roll, because, let's face it, the people that would need to use the function are the people that won't care about the rules and screw with you anyway.
Even in this scenario it clearly separates the person that should be reported. Along with the prechat game log to enforce pregame behavior. It takes the burden off the team and places it directly on the players who cannot come to a compromise.

At the very least it could not possibly cause more problems than it would solve.

GoldilocksSludge

03-06-2013

I like the idea. It gives a fair, totally unbiased way to resolve an argument. It's theoretically real nice.

Practically, though, what do you honestly expect? I see it going more like this...

I do like the idea of submitting pregame chat logs to the tribunal. That needs to happen. I don't think it would stop people from ignoring the results of their roll, because, let's face it, the people that would need to use the function are the people that won't care about the rules and screw with you anyway.

Phonike the 2nd

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldilocksSludge View Post

Even in this scenario it clearly separates the person that should be reported. Along with the prechat game log to enforce pregame behavior. It takes the burden off the team and places it directly on the players who cannot come to a compromise.

At the very least it could not possibly cause more problems than it would solve.

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonike the 2nd View Post

Basically this

short term it changes nothing

Long time it gives a decisive report target from champ select.

SirtyStan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

I think this will work.

It won't solve all of the issues in chat, but as long as both of the arguing players aren't total dicks they can probably make a happier compromise.

Plus, as bait to Riot, this could give them an out to the whole pick vs call order senario. They could just say "Use the /roll function if you're having an issue, and report the player who doesn't honor the roll results."

Comonad

03-06-2013

I would prefer a random number from [0, 1) over [2,12] (and DEFINITELY do not do sum-dice rolls, since that follows a binomial model)

Phonike the 2nd

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathepic View Post
I would prefer a random number from [0, 1) over [2,12] (and DEFINITELY do not do sum-dice rolls, since that follows a binomial model)
And if all 5 people want the same role? This seems besides the point and is really irrelevant to the OP.

Kanikkers

03-06-2013

It would change nothing. At all.

Unless you're suggesting that pregame chats be added to Tribunal logs, as well, because that's a thing that should've happened a LONG time ago.

Phonike the 2nd

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanikkers View Post
It would change nothing. At all.

Unless you're suggesting that pregame chats be added to Tribunal logs, as well, because that's a thing that should've happened a LONG time ago.
I explicitly said that was an important part.if you don't read you should not post.

Phonike the 2nd

03-07-2013

bump