What are interesting Ward stats?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Finch Toast

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Hey guys,

I'm coding up some stat tracking for wards now. I want to give support and solo lane players some more recognition for amazing warding. Specifically, following up on the rule to prevent people from spamming wards in their base to cheese warding stats.

I plan to add: "Placed a new ward" and "Killed a ward" as end of game stats.

Is there anything else obvious you guys feel is worth noting at the end of the game?

Disclaimer: Everything we intuitively "get" as players may not be as easy to detect procedurally for a computer.
You need to have a "raid alert"(Idk what to call it) for when wards get taken down! Please Riot!

Rinto

03-06-2013

Stealthed champions revealed maybe?

Ps. Omgthankyousomuchi'vebeenwaitingforsomethingliketh isforeveeeeer!

Zerglinator

03-06-2013

Any possibility we could get a map showing where a player placed wards across the course of the game?

CandyPuffs

03-06-2013

Item wards placed (Aka sightstone/wriggles)
Failed wards (ward killed within 5 seconds of being set)
Pink Wards placed
Green Wards placed
Wards Scouted (Pink ward to reveal and destroy ward, would teach counter-warding strategy)
Wards Destroyed

I think that would mostly cover it.

Icker

03-06-2013

% of area covered by wards?

I mean, ideally it'd be so cool to see like a heat map of ward placement but I realize that's a bit extreme... I like what you're doing with this though Xelnath.

Rôper

03-06-2013

It might be neat to have units displayed.

ie: Amount of vision that was given to the team through wards placed?

KantosLoL

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I can separate Pink wards from Green wards, but I don't want to encourage losing players to sell all of their items to buy wards.
Just have a timer associated with placing wards? (Also would you count wards placed with stones, I assume you wouldn't, but warding with those IS very helpful and shouldn't be totally discounted)

In terms of the timer make it something like tear stacking, your ward counter will only increment for placing wards at most twice within a 3(?) second period. You could also do with proximity if you're willing to code more (e.g If more than 2 ward's sight overlap an area they do not increment your total)

ZapBranigan68

03-06-2013

If you were to go by money spent on wards, then you could include the Sightstone's cost and the cost of upgrading it to the Ruby Sightstone if a player chooses to do so.

EmperorCookie

03-06-2013

First, I wouldn't separate pinks from greens. We should have wards killed for that.
Second, a ward kill should be given to the one who hit it 2 times, or the killing blow if it's 3 different killers. Arguable, could be only the killing blow like turrets. Could make it a bit more complicated and give the ward kill to the one who provided true sight. Ideas here.
Thirdly, wards placed inside of Nexus/fountain vision range shouldn't count towards wards placed.

DigitalShadow

03-06-2013

Total area of vision granted by wards, measured in teemos.