Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What are interesting Ward stats?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mandaari

03-08-2013

Wards jumped to? Number of cheers viewers give when wards killed?

Think God

03-08-2013

[x] wards placed [x] wards destroyed

simple

Commander Sabin

03-08-2013

I think one way to do it would be to count wards that are placed outside of the main base, so people can't spam wards in their base to up the count, and only count wards that are not within site distance of another.

For example I place a ward in the river bush but miss so I have to place another, the first ward will count but the second wouldn't because it's covering the same area of vision. However if you place a ward and it's killed by the enemy, placing another in it's place will count toward your placement because the original one is gone and no longer covering that vision.

If you do it this way it will be impossible to really spam wards in a base because they will all be within vision range, which means if you want a meaningful ward score by the end of the game you will have to spread out your wards, simple and clean.

JoBiden

03-08-2013

Enemies spotted by wards. If possible, I would optimize so it only counts an enemy as spotted if it was previously unseen for 30 seconds, then entered ward vision.

tempname950

03-08-2013

Quote:
KOMighty:
Special type of wards would kinda be fun.

Buff Wards.
Eg. increase movement speed of nearby ally
Healing ward.

Debuff Wards -
Eg. Reduce vision of nearby enemy by X amount,

Basically a special utility ward.
Consider this plz.

He's not talking about NEW wards, he's talking about ward STATISTICS. After the game "This is how many wards you bought, and this is how many wards you destroyed" kind of thing.

droverdog

03-08-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Hey guys,

I'm coding up some stat tracking for wards now. I want to give support and solo lane players some more recognition for amazing warding. Specifically, following up on the rule to prevent people from spamming wards in their base to cheese warding stats.

I plan to add: "Placed a new ward" and "Killed a ward" as end of game stats.

Is there anything else obvious you guys feel is worth noting at the end of the game?

Disclaimer: Everything we intuitively "get" as players may not be as easy to detect procedurally for a computer.

the rule to keep people from spamming wards in their base? isnt this kind of pointless? if somone wants to do something like that they are going to do it no matter what. they will just spam wards outside the base

Wispilicus

03-08-2013

bonus points for placing a ward that reveals an enemy champion, such as hidden in bushes or pinks against stealthers.

Ragnar42

03-08-2013

I think the location of a ward placed ought to be given value.

IE if a ward is placed in a usefull spot such as an objective, it should have a higher value than at a gank location, which should be greater than a lane ward, and jungle ward. IE the usefull wards should be rewarded more than the non-usefull wards, and it should show up as a score.

Prophet Six

03-08-2013

Enemies killed near wards would be kind of cool, or something similar. I'm not as smart as the community, but some kind of recognition for players whose ward coverage lead to defeating an enemy would be great.

Sparkern

03-08-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
I can separate Pink wards from Green wards, but I don't want to encourage losing players to sell all of their items to buy wards.

Not sure if its been said yet, but why not make the "placed a ward" trigger count up when either the ward times out or is destroyed?
Either that or set a timed delay on when a ward counts as being 'placed', given that some people may still place a legitimate ward or 2 before a game ends.
Another option would be to make the area inside an allied base count as a 'null' zone that placing a ward inside for an allied champ wouldn't count towards the final stats.

just some ideas, i dont know if they've already been said and i apologise if they have :/