What are interesting Ward stats?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Softspoken

03-07-2013

Maybe something like "Enemies spotted by wards"? If a jungler walks over your river bush ward and you immediately run back to (successfully) avoid the gank, I feel like that's the textbook "Ward just saved your life" moment. So it would be nice to have a way to record that. It would also include wards that are placed in say, the enemy's or your own jungle that let you track their overall movement.

You'd have to make it specifically not count people that have only been in the fog of war for 5 seconds, and also not count people that you already have vision of from other sources though. (Place ward in middle of the bot lane. Enemy spotted! every 5 seconds when they move back and forth) So I don't know how possible that idea would be.

Estepol

03-07-2013

Measure (time x surface) uniquely revealed by a ward (i.e. not overlapping with structure or minion LoS, champs from either team are fine) and count those above X% uptime. That should push warders out of base and a pushed lane.

Zeyphrus

03-07-2013

% of total gold spent on wards by each team

OrvilleRB

03-07-2013

Damage done to champions within ward sight range.

Damage done to champions within 5 seconds of being in ward sight range.

Amount of time enemy champion in ward vision without doing damage or having damage done to them. (basically, how much time you wasted of a jungler who is sitting in a warded bush).

Aean

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Not related to wards, but I'd really lot to see

Cost of Build (That'd be so awesome!)
Gold earned, broken down by sources (minions, items, kills, assists, passive)

Related to wards, I wouldn't mind some statistic that shows what % of the time you had a ward in your inventory. Or, maybe some stat that tracks the amount of unique area you gained vision of through wards by the end of the game if at all possible.

Sagovirus

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I can separate Pink wards from Green wards, but I don't want to encourage losing players to sell all of their items to buy wards.

Every single player stupid enough and griefer enough to try to pad his "ward placed" number will do it with pinks/green wards anyway....

Just put both in game, it'll *mostly* work, decent players will have stats they need to play around and track what worked/didn't work in game.... trolls and griefers will still be trolls and griefers.

STOP writing away features by fear of "abuse", because 99.9999999999999% of your system will be abused and already is (see : dodge losing elo system, duo queue, premades in normals, the ret*rded broken Tribunal, the useless ret*rded broken League System, and so on and so on and so on), still will be, but offering the MAJORITY of the player a tool to makes things better/more rewarding shouldn't be canceled because the few people already abusing the game and abusing the system will do it.....

There is no more abuse of the ward stats than abuse of the KDA. The same people PURPOSEDLY letting others to die and losing game to pad their KDA will stupidly try to game the ward dropped/killed stats, but it will be the same... or even better, most of the time, if they want to game it they have to put down ward.... why put down useless ward when for the same price and time spent you can put down USEFULL people.

Just write off from the stats people selling their items to buy over 10 wards in 2 mins and you'll kill any sort of "griefing" and "gaming" of the system....

Aacey

03-08-2013

Quote:
Hey guys,

I'm coding up some stat tracking for wards now. I want to give support and solo lane players some more recognition for amazing warding. Specifically, following up on the rule to prevent people from spamming wards in their base to cheese warding stats.

I plan to add: "Placed a new ward" and "Killed a ward" as end of game stats.

Is there anything else obvious you guys feel is worth noting at the end of the game?

Disclaimer: Everything we intuitively "get" as players may not be as easy to detect procedurally for a computer.
you might be able to make it track wards in bushes and other ward hotspots ( barron , dragon, etc and ignore the base that way even if someone was trying to cheese stats theyd still be helping

as for stats id like to see tracked most definitely time spent in combat and how fast you hit level 18 (or level per minute with the timer stopping at 18)

as for other things it would be nce to see but i have no idea how youd track them

number of times/people targeted you
edit by targeted i mean how often you were being focused for tanks that their only for of "peal" is to be there

how mobile around the map someone was

how many times they used summoners namely teleport and cv but summoners in general

Pavlo

03-08-2013

Champions kills near wards, only works if it is in the fog of war

SavageMinnow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Time enemies spent in the ward's vision (while not otherwise visible.) This rewards placing wards in locations that are likely to spot enemy movement in situations where it's actually useful.

hadNt

03-08-2013

Quote:
Hey guys,

I'm coding up some stat tracking for wards now. I want to give support and solo lane players some more recognition for amazing warding. Specifically, following up on the rule to prevent people from spamming wards in their base to cheese warding stats.

I plan to add: "Placed a new ward" and "Killed a ward" as end of game stats.

Is there anything else obvious you guys feel is worth noting at the end of the game?

Disclaimer: Everything we intuitively "get" as players may not be as easy to detect procedurally for a computer.
As "Placed a new ward", have you considered to make it "vision gained"?

That would rule out those ward spams or warding at home, and is maybe more easy to code. Still can't be perfect tho, but I think the abusive scenarios should be lower.

Could also add on "true sight gained", "bush vision gained", or those ward-killing stats.