What are interesting Ward stats?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Whip

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

i think wards/minutes is a good start!

Bergtau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Tanks View Post
This is a bad update, because only the support should buy wards.

If any other role feels like they need to buy a ward, then their support is bad, which could lead to issues if it's kept track of.
Not true at all. The support's job is not to ward the entire map the whole game. At max the support should be held responsible for 2 wards at any given time.

TXH SupportDaddy

03-06-2013

IMO, Maybe only track a certain amount... example maybe 1 ward every 45 seconds. This would help the ward spammers trying to get their stats up

Cyraknoss

03-06-2013

on top of wards placed and wards killed the gold spent on wards and gold earned from wards stats would be nice. Would really like to know how much gold is going out and coming in from my wards. With that information it might be more obvious for some of us to tell when we're over warding, if we should switch over to a sight stone, if maybe the sight stone isn't holding up it's weight and we're having to ward so much that just buying wards is the better option.

Yes some people might spam them at the end of the game but frankly that is self correcting because it's blatantly obvious when at the end of a game someone has 3+ empty slots and no where near the items for their gold and they're not the support. So it's really rather obvious to us as players who was just selling their items to boost their ward count in the last minute of the game.

TXH SupportDaddy

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Tanks View Post
This is a bad update, because only the support should buy wards.

If any other role feels like they need to buy a ward, then their support is bad, which could lead to issues if it's kept track of.

No words..

March of Dimes

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litose View Post
dont you think that this may add more ****talk to the endgame screen? like:
- of course we lost...our stupid dumb**** retarded support bought only 2 wards....
- report him for not buying half of the wards of the other team support
- and so on....

i cant see how showing wards bought ll add anything positive to the players interation and i can see a lot of ways on how this will make people rage at each other...

im not against having that tracked...im just against having it showing for everyone at the endgame screen....

having a wards killed stat would do no damage since it has no relation with wards bought (and it would also be meanless...)...but having wards bought ll be just another excuse for people to blame each other at the end game screen...
If your support does either of those things, they should probably be reported for unskilled.

The whole point of this is to give players who buy wards some recognition (and maybe encourage more players to do so).

Herald

03-06-2013

Maybe to counteract people spamming wards to get a high count, is there a way to make it only count if it lasts at least 50% of the duration (that way refreshing a ward is still counted) AND/OR it gets killed by an enemy.

Absozero

03-06-2013

EPIC!! Ward stats FTW!

1. Amount of gold spent on wards.

2. Number of wards placed both Vision and Sight.

3. Number of wards killed.

These 3 stats would help me become a better player and also be helpful when coaching/teaching other people to be better.

This would also help in tribunal to see how effective a support or jungler really is. If the support was warding and doing the best they could, it would be reflected by these stats and would be harder for the ADC to blame them if they played poorly.

Wertilq

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXH SupportDaddy View Post
IMO, Maybe only track a certain amount... example maybe 1 ward every 45 seconds. This would help the ward spammers trying to get their stats up
Warding baron. Put out 3 wards within 20 seconds. Maybe a fourth if you have a pink to place on baron.

King Oberon 99

03-06-2013

I don't know if you can code for this and you would have to come up with an equation that would keep the number from being a million but this. Ward Score= (Area of the map seen only by your wards)+(some value for time warded)-(over lapping ward area)+(some value for killing a ward)+(elixirs bought). This would keep people from spamming wards in base(because more then one thing would have vision over that area) and teach people to spread out wards.