How many threds do i have to make about this

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orcca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchmen

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pherian View Post
I find it hard to believe that you guys cant lift bans, basically what u just told me is, since Riot wasn't at fault for the incedent, im responsible for leaving still therefore you wholeheartedly stand by riots "leaver rule" to ban me, even thought I had nothing to do with it..... so I assume your a smart guy(girl), tell me this, if riot is capable of designing a system to monitor leavers and a system that automatically can give loss prevented, why cant they design a system that will a forgive people of errors caused by them, excuse me, errors cause by 3rd parties? why cant they design a system that could give loss prevented for a select couple and not the whole community?
Riot doesn't lift bans in general, for any circumstances.

I don't know anything about Riot development, I'm just a lowly customer support volunteer.

Proxiehunter

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcca View Post
It's extremely unfortunate that this happened to so many people, but Riot wasn't at fault for this incident, there was a problem with a major ISP that caused a lot of people to have connection issues.

From what I've heard, the way Loss Forgiven even works, it is applied to all users of a region. Even if 1/5th of the users experienced these issues, then 4/5ths of the community would have half their LP gains taken away because of an issue that wasn't on Riot's side.
Riot is however responsible for not applying a Loss Forgiven to everyone who was screwed by this and for taging people for a leave for an event that wasn't their fault either.

Quote:
It was only one day, perhaps it would be a good day to go out and make snow-men and snow angels.
It's this sort of condescending non helpful response from the people that are supposed to be helping us that's persuaded me that I don't need to be spending any money on this game.

Proxiehunter

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcca View Post
Riot doesn't lift bans in general, for any circumstances.

I don't know anything about Riot development, I'm just a lowly customer support volunteer.
I've done volunteer work before. If I'd done my work as poorly as you guys do I would have been asked to leave and not come back.

Elduris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxiehunter View Post
Riot is however responsible for not applying a Loss Forgiven to everyone who was screwed by this and for taging people for a leave for an event that wasn't their fault either.
From my understanding, Loss Forgiven works on a server-wide basis and is only used in the most dire of situations, when the entire server is experiencing problems. The connection issues weren't Riot's fault and only affected players that use a certain backbone ISP (who just happened to be performing maintenance that day). Turning on Loss Forgiven would mean the entire NA server's match histories would change and people completely unaffected would lose League Points. It is an inconvenience, sure, but not something worth penalizing those unaffected over.

magenoob9001

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elduris View Post
The issues yesterday affected a lot of Summoners. Literally thousands of people left games suddenly yesterday. A lot of them were not punished because their Leaver Score wasn't high enough. Yours was and so you were automatically punished.

Let me give you an example. When you leave games, a number is added to your Leaver Score (LS). For the sake of the argument, let's say you get 1 LS for every game you leave. Now, since you left a game yesterday, you received 1 LS. The Leaver Buster system automatically bans Summoners who reach, let's say, 5 LS. Playing games without leaving reduces your LS by (again, just an example) 0.1 LS. So in order to make up for one game you left, you must play 10 games without leaving. That's how Leaver Buster works.

Now, in your case, that leave yesterday when you were disconnected gave you 1 LS and put you at the 5 LS cap. Leaver Buster automatically recognized this and punished you for having a high score. So while this one game was totally not your fault at all and you are 100% right about that, the other 4 LS points are and that is why you were banned for a day.

Again, I don't know any specific numbers, all figures are examples used to convey a point.
I'm just curious, does anyone know the actual numbers? 1 day ban for leaving just 1 game after receiving a penalty seems like leaverbuster might be a bit glitchy

Dovahkiin1173

04-13-2013

same thing with me I leave one game and I admit one time it was me but today when I had to do something and went back to reconnect I finshed the game but right after it banned for a day. This SYSTEM IS ******* BULL****!!!!!!!!!! I have not left any games but one and the rest were disconnects which when I was done I reconnected and finished the game.

Nemaz13

04-13-2013

true, same thing is happening to me. My game crashes after champ select and when I try to reconnect it says there is a connection error. I stopped playing all together after the warning. I hope they fix this issue.

The Dai

04-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pherian View Post
Let me put it this way, the thing that happened yesterday isn't what got me banned, yesterday cause my account to have a "4th" strike, so I was still able to play, the thing that is pissing me off is the fact that I spent ALLL that time trying to figure out what the problem was and I finally fixed it, so I log on and join a RANKED game everything runs smooth until after the champion selection screen, and then I get a bug splat error, causing me to have my "5th" strike therefore prompting their wonderful system to ban me, so your telling me I should be responsible for these 2 leave that occurred within the past 24 hours? NO, which is why im ranting about riots bull**** system

Bug Splats tend to be an error in YOUR own lol files, not on the side of Riots. So either your missing a file, a file is corrupted or any many reason. I suggest reinstalling your game.