How many threds do i have to make about this

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acena

03-06-2013

Riots servers have been pretty bad lately I'd say it isn't even worth complaining about just means 1 day less you have to deal with the constant buggyness of their servers right now. Either way this post is just going to draw the white knights who will try to white knight riot for not overturning your ban. Even if riots servers had caused all your leaves they would blame you and try to defend riot. They are annoying and will argue with you on it trying to justify you being banned for no reason. Just let it drop before they annoy you even more. Honestly the one's who take riots side on this matter should be banned themselves then let's see how they feel about the whole situation.

Proxiehunter

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfur View Post
Ok, so, you're not responsible the two that happened today... or yesterday, however you want to put it. What about the games that got you strikes 1, 2, and 3? Using the example Elduris provided, all you would have needed was to play 30 matchmade games (as in, not custom games), and all would have been removed, and then you'd have 2 strikes and things would be fine.

Maybe you're not responsible for your most recent two, but I'd find it hard to believe that the game would crash frequently enough for you to not be able to play the number of games necessary to lower your LeaverScore.

That aside, their system works marvelously, as far as I can tell. You're mad. Frustrated. You don't see the sense in why the one time you have an issue, it causes you to be banned. It wasn't your fault, so why are you being punished?

I understand your reasoning, but what Elduris has said still holds true. Might I suggest going for a run? Exercise is an excellent way to purge your body of negative emotions, and help clear your head after tragic events. Exercise.. or get some sleep, then come back here and let's have a lively discussion on how to prevent this in the future for you, yes?
Speaking as someone who has two leaves on their record, both Riots fault, the way to prevent this in the future is for Riot to fix their broken game. Either that or to go play something that doesn't crash randomly then penalize you for the game designers being unable to code properly.

Lvl 99 Mudkip

03-06-2013

Aight first of all you need to calm the **** down dude. Nobody is going to want to reply to you if you're raging in all caps.

Second of all, my game has been doing this to me too, same with several others. But yelling and throwing a fit like a god damn 3 year old will get us nowhere. Grow up.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elduris View Post
The only difference in my answer and one from a Rioter is that the Rioter's name will be red and they will have an avatar. They will tell you the same thing. Leaving this one game in particular was not your fault, but you are not being punished for just this one game. Your account has been found to repeatedly leave games and that is why you were punished by Leaver Buster.
This information is correct.

Without going into details of how LeaverBuster works, suffice to say that it doesn't ban you for leaving one or two games. It takes into account the history of the account, how many games left, and how many you spent AFK, compared to time played and number of games played. In addition to this, not only does the system apply "points" to an account when you leave or go AFK, it removes them over time if there is a period where you don't leave or go AFK. In order for a ban to happen you have to be pretty habitual with your AFK and leaving.

Now, if you are getting Bug Splats this is a sign of either severe hardware defect or conflict, or an even rarer case, software conflict. Bug Splats make up less than 1% of the technical issues see, and again, are a sign of a severe problem. In most cases of Bug Splat, that I have seen personally, the system has faulty memory, either in VRAM on the GPU itself or system memory.

Pherian

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfur View Post
Ok, so, you're not responsible the two that happened today... or yesterday, however you want to put it. What about the games that got you strikes 1, 2, and 3? Using the example Elduris provided, all you would have needed was to play 30 matchmade games (as in, not custom games), and all would have been removed, and then you'd have 2 strikes and things would be fine.

Maybe you're not responsible for your most recent two, but I'd find it hard to believe that the game would crash frequently enough for you to not be able to play the number of games necessary to lower your LeaverScore.

That aside, their system works marvelously, as far as I can tell. You're mad. Frustrated. You don't see the sense in why the one time you have an issue, it causes you to be banned. It wasn't your fault, so why are you being punished?

I understand your reasoning, but what Elduris has said still holds true. Might I suggest going for a run? Exercise is an excellent way to purge your body of negative emotions, and help clear your head after tragic events. Exercise.. or get some sleep, then come back here and let's have a lively discussion on how to prevent this in the future for you, yes?
does anywhere in any of these post saying im blaming riot for my first 3 leaves? thought so, I take responsibility for the first 3 leaves on my account, obviously im not purposely leaving games considering I don't even remember the last time I did because I was trying to wipe the leaves off my account with the 10 games per 1 leave rule, so the fact that the last 2 leaves wernt my fault is bull****.... and please don't tell what to do in regards "negative emotions", I am perfectly fine and happy outside of this game, do u expect me to not address a issue that me and a million other people are having? or do u just expect me to kiss riots ass and not say whats on my mind about there servers

Pherian

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
This information is correct.

Without going into details of how LeaverBuster works, suffice to say that it doesn't ban you for leaving one or two games. It takes into account the history of the account, how many games left, and how many you spent AFK, compared to time played and number of games played. In addition to this, not only does the system apply "points" to an account when you leave or go AFK, it removes them over time if there is a period where you don't leave or go AFK. In order for a ban to happen you have to be pretty habitual with your AFK and leaving.

Now, if you are getting Bug Splats this is a sign of either severe hardware defect or conflict, or an even rarer case, software conflict. Bug Splats make up less than 1% of the technical issues see, and again, are a sign of a severe problem. In most cases of bug splat the system has faulty memory, either in VRAM on the GPU itself or system memory.
Nice, so as a person who was trying to get rid of all the "leaves" on my account, a good ole bug splat randomly happens to me today and I get banned because of it and that what happened yesterday, nice! do you think I don't know how leave buster works? obviously I try to limit the amount of times I leave the game, because you know, in real life, people do have emergencies, if you would look at my account you would see that ive played tons of consecutive games without leaving, so for the fact that 2 leaves accrued on my account, due to reason outside of my hands, im getting banned for it makes me LOL( no pun intended)

Orcca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchmen

03-06-2013

It's extremely unfortunate that this happened to so many people, but Riot wasn't at fault for this incident, there was a problem with a major ISP that caused a lot of people to have connection issues.

From what I've heard, the way Loss Forgiven even works, it is applied to all users of a region. Even if 1/5th of the users experienced these issues, then 4/5ths of the community would have half their LP gains taken away because of an issue that wasn't on Riot's side.

It was only one day, perhaps it would be a good day to go out and make snow-men and snow angels.

Pherian

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreay View Post
Aight first of all you need to calm the **** down dude. Nobody is going to want to reply to you if you're raging in all caps.

Second of all, my game has been doing this to me too, same with several others. But yelling and throwing a fit like a god damn 3 year old will get us nowhere. Grow up.
1. you just replied didn't you?
2. A 3 year old replying in forums, with all caps, stating a valid issue, seems like a prodigy to me? O_o

Pherian

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcca View Post
It's extremely unfortunate that this happened to so many people, but Riot wasn't at fault for this incident, there was a problem with a major ISP that caused a lot of people to have connection issues.

From what I've heard, the way Loss Forgiven even works, it is applied to all users of a region. Even if 1/5th of the users experienced these issues, then 4/5ths of the community would have half their LP gains taken away because of an issue that wasn't on Riot's side.

It was only one day, perhaps it would be a good day to go out and make snow-men and snow angels.
I find it hard to believe that you guys cant lift bans, basically what u just told me is, since Riot wasn't at fault for the incedent, im responsible for leaving still therefore you wholeheartedly stand by riots "leaver rule" to ban me, even thought I had nothing to do with it..... so I assume your a smart guy(girl), tell me this, if riot is capable of designing a system to monitor leavers and a system that automatically can give loss prevented, why cant they design a system that will a forgive people of errors caused by them, excuse me, errors cause by 3rd parties? why cant they design a system that could give loss prevented for a select couple and not the whole community?

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pherian View Post
Nice, so as a person who was trying to get rid of all the "leaves" on my account, a good ole bug splat randomly happens to me today and I get banned because of it and that what happened yesterday, nice! do you think I don't know how leave buster works? obviously I try to limit the amount of times I leave the game, because you know, in real life, people do have emergencies, if you would look at my account you would see that ive played tons of consecutive games without leaving, so for the fact that 2 leaves accrued on my account, due to reason outside of my hands, im getting banned for it makes me LOL( no pun intended)
I am comfortable saying that you don't know how LeaverBuster works on a deep level, as that information was never made public. Again, not wanting to start an argument, just provide information. But you wouldn't have been banned for just two incidents.

Going back to the bug splat issue, if you would like to explore possible causes, I would be more than willing to help you. Just attach a DXDiag to the forum....

Here is how to get it; https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...stic-or-DxDiag

Here is how to attach it; https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...o-a-forum-post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pherian View Post
I find it hard to believe that you guys cant lift bans, basically what u just told me is, since Riot wasn't at fault for the incedent, im responsible for leaving still therefore you wholeheartedly stand by riots "leaver rule" to ban me, even thought I had nothing to do with it..... so I assume your a smart guy(girl), tell me this, if riot is capable of designing a system to monitor leavers and a system that automatically can give loss prevented, why cant they design a system that will a forgive people of errors caused by them, excuse me, errors cause by 3rd parties? why cant they design a system that could give loss prevented for a select couple and not the whole community?
Loss Forgiveness isn't automatic, it requires one of a handful of employees to activate.

Riot can't implement "Forgiveness" for 3rd party issues, as there isn't any way to tell if someone legitimately lost connection, or just unplugged their router to dodge penalties.