Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How many threds do i have to make about this

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zombiella

03-06-2013

I had the worst time with LoL yesterday and today. SO many bugs: The load-in screen being black then minimizing to the taskbar and when I try bringing it up it says "Game is in progress". The load-in screen starting in the corner of my desktop so I can't even see the whole screen and I have to End Task and relog. The game loading in finally and then I can't see anyone's champs or buy anything. Once again- I have to quit and then relog. The lag spikes that almost everyone in the game is getting around the same times. The disconnects.
It gets really freaking tiring how many bugs/issues there are. Most of the time I just try to ignore it, but when my client acts stupid and I can't get in for 3-5 minutes and my adc is 1v2 in bot lane and doing bad, yeah... I get pretty pissed.
The thing is though, I've NEVER been banned or suspended. So, Idk what to say to that.

Pherian

03-06-2013

Quote:
Elduris:
The only difference in my answer and one from a Rioter is that the Rioter's name will be red and they will have an avatar. They will tell you the same thing. Leaving this one game in particular was not your fault, but you are not being punished for just this one game. Your account has been found to repeatedly leave games and that is why you were punished by Leaver Buster. If you're this angry about a one-day suspension, I suggest learning to control your emotions before you get hit with a more serious ban.

dude first of all that still doesn't justify me getting penalized for a game that I left DUE to RIOT

Fatalen

03-06-2013

so let me get this straight
you talk in all caps
kept leaving games
and blame it all on riot
and your plan is to make this person unban you?
good luck

(cookie to people who get reference)

Pherian

03-06-2013

Quote:
Zombiella:
I had the worst time with LoL yesterday and today. SO many bugs: The load-in screen being black then minimizing to the taskbar and when I try bringing it up it says "Game is in progress". The load-in screen starting in the corner of my desktop so I can't even see the whole screen and I have to End Task and relog. The game loading in finally and then I can't see anyone's champs or buy anything. Once again- I have to quit and then relog. The lag spikes that almost everyone in the game is getting around the same times. The disconnects.
It gets really freaking tiring how many bugs/issues there are. Most of the time I just try to ignore it, but when my client acts stupid and I can't get in for 3-5 minutes and my adc is 1v2 in bot lane and doing bad, yeah... I get pretty pissed.
The thing is though, I've NEVER been banned or suspended. So, Idk what to say to that.

dude my point exactly, and so when all of this does happen, we have friendly people (Wont say any names) that come in our threads telling us to calm down because it our fault, the fact that this is a known issue effecting hundreds of players should make them look into this more and not bull**** us or give us a bull**** response

Pherian

03-06-2013

Quote:
Fatalen:
so let me get this straight
you talk in all caps
kept leaving games
and blame it all on riot
and your plan is to make this person unban you?
good luck

(cookie to people who get reference)

LOL this guy....

Elduris

Recruiter

03-06-2013

Quote:
Pherian:
dude first of all that still doesn't justify me getting penalized for a game that I left DUE to RIOT

The issues yesterday affected a lot of Summoners. Literally thousands of people left games suddenly yesterday. A lot of them were not punished because their Leaver Score wasn't high enough. Yours was and so you were automatically punished.

Let me give you an example. When you leave games, a number is added to your Leaver Score (LS). For the sake of the argument, let's say you get 1 LS for every game you leave. Now, since you left a game yesterday, you received 1 LS. The Leaver Buster system automatically bans Summoners who reach, let's say, 5 LS. Playing games without leaving reduces your LS by (again, just an example) 0.1 LS. So in order to make up for one game you left, you must play 10 games without leaving. That's how Leaver Buster works.

Now, in your case, that leave yesterday when you were disconnected gave you 1 LS and put you at the 5 LS cap. Leaver Buster automatically recognized this and punished you for having a high score. So while this one game was totally not your fault at all and you are 100% right about that, the other 4 LS points are and that is why you were banned for a day.

Again, I don't know any specific numbers, all figures are examples used to convey a point.

Zombiella

03-06-2013

Quote:
Elduris:
The issues yesterday affected a lot of Summoners. Literally thousands of people left games suddenly yesterday. A lot of them were not punished because their Leaver Score wasn't high enough. Yours was and so you were automatically punished.

Let me give you an example. When you leave games, a number is added to your Leaver Score (LS). For the sake of the argument, let's say you get 1 LS for every game you leave. Now, since you left a game yesterday, you received 1 LS. The Leaver Buster system automatically bans Summoners who reach, let's say, 5 LS. Playing games without leaving reduces your LS by (again, just an example) 0.1 LS. So in order to make up for one game you left, you must play 10 games without leaving. That's how Leaver Buster works.

Now, in your case, that leave yesterday when you were disconnected gave you 1 LS and put you at the 5 LS cap. Leaver Buster automatically recognized this and punished you for having a high score. So while this one game was totally not your fault at all and you are 100% right about that, the other 4 LS points are and that is why you were banned for a day.

Again, I don't know any specific numbers, all figures are examples used to convey a point.

I read and fully understand your posts on this subject but I have to step in and say that I still don't see a reason for this person not to be angry. (The caps and cussing might be a little much, but the anger is justified)
He was punished for something that wasn't his fault, and god knows how many others might have been as well.
There's no way to know this for sure, but who's to say that if he hadn't been forced to leave he would've have played the entire game? Let's speculate that maybe he would go on to play 10 games. I mean, it shouldn't matter if he had one strike left and he's been suspended multiple times before-it still wasn't his mistake or wrong-doing that HE'S being punished for.
I think it's unfair of Riot to implement this faulty kind of system due to examples such as these where they can't rectify their mistakes.

I mean, I do understand what you're saying and the only reason I'm bringing up these points is b/c a recent post on this thread you made:
"If you're this angry about a one-day suspension, I suggest learning to control your emotions before you get hit with a more serious ban."
I'm sorry-but that came off kind of insensitive and rude. It also sounded both threatening and like an ultimatum was given, "be quiet or else".

I'm just saying that the OP has cause for concern.
(But it should be expressed more maturely, for sure)

Pherian

03-06-2013

Quote:
Elduris:

Let me put it this way, the thing that happened yesterday isn't what got me banned, yesterday cause my account to have a "4th" strike, so I was still able to play, the thing that is pissing me off is the fact that I spent ALLL that time trying to figure out what the problem was and I finally fixed it, so I log on and join a RANKED game everything runs smooth until after the champion selection screen, and then I get a bug splat error, causing me to have my "5th" strike therefore prompting their wonderful system to ban me, so your telling me I should be responsible for these 2 leave that occurred within the past 24 hours? NO, which is why im ranting about riots bull**** system

Badfur

03-06-2013

Ok, so, you're not responsible the two that happened today... or yesterday, however you want to put it. What about the games that got you strikes 1, 2, and 3? Using the example Elduris provided, all you would have needed was to play 30 matchmade games (as in, not custom games), and all would have been removed, and then you'd have 2 strikes and things would be fine.

Maybe you're not responsible for your most recent two, but I'd find it hard to believe that the game would crash frequently enough for you to not be able to play the number of games necessary to lower your LeaverScore.

That aside, their system works marvelously, as far as I can tell. You're mad. Frustrated. You don't see the sense in why the one time you have an issue, it causes you to be banned. It wasn't your fault, so why are you being punished?

I understand your reasoning, but what Elduris has said still holds true. Might I suggest going for a run? Exercise is an excellent way to purge your body of negative emotions, and help clear your head after tragic events. Exercise.. or get some sleep, then come back here and let's have a lively discussion on how to prevent this in the future for you, yes?

Havenbrook

03-06-2013

Report Riot, AFK