Why can one teamfight turn the game around?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gi3bnvd

03-06-2013

No matter how much you are winning, if you lose a single teamfight late game, you lose.
If the losing team wins a single teamfight, they should not get an auto win, they should keep playing well before they win.
Edit: people are misunderstanding me. It's ok if a losing team makes a comeback after winning one fight, but the winning-before team should have a chance to fight back.

Demacry

03-06-2013

And you should be playing at the top of your game the entire way through. Even in high level games on SR it's not terribly uncommon for the team that's behind to get a well timed ace and push to win. If your team gets aced while the lanes are pushed against you you're going to take some permanent damage or even lose the game. If you're ahead it's important to keep your lanes pushed and to not let yourselves get caught in a 2v3 or 1v3 situation.

gi3bnvd

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demacry View Post
And you should be playing at the top of your game the entire way through. Even in high level games on SR it's not terribly uncommon for the team that's behind to get a well timed ace and push to win. If your team gets aced while the lanes are pushed against you you're going to take some permanent damage or even lose the game. If you're ahead it's important to keep your lanes pushed and to not let yourselves get caught in a 2v3 or 1v3 situation.
Example: team A is winning, has a huge advantage, and they make a mistake. They don't have to get aced, they just have to make a mistake. Suddenly, they lose their advantage. So far so good.
Team B pushes hard, and destroys the nexus. Not good.
Team A made a mistake, and they lost their advantage. They should have a chance to get the advantage back, and not instantly lose.

Bananoid

03-06-2013

Why did you lose the fight if you were winning?

Demacry

03-06-2013

Team A made a mistake, the later you make mistakes the harder they hurt, I see nothing wrong with this situation. If Team B turns it around with one fight then the truth is your lead wasn't as large as you thought it was.

gi3bnvd

03-06-2013

Quote:
Team A made a mistake, the later you make mistakes the harder they hurt, I see nothing wrong with this situation. If Team B turns it around with one fight then the truth is your lead wasn't as large as you thought it was.
There's nothing wrong with one fight turning the game around.
There is something wrong when the team that made the mistake does not get a second chance.

Demacry

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi3bnvd View Post
There's nothing wrong with one fight turning the game around.
There is something wrong when the team that made the mistake does not get a second chance.
And why does team one deserve a second chance?

gi3bnvd

03-06-2013

Quote:
And why does team one deserve a second chance?
They had an advantage for most of the game, they played well to obtain that advantage.

Goggris

03-06-2013

If you make a mistake at the end of the game on either SR or TT you can very easily lose. The game isn't decided by who wins the most team fights. There are consequences for making bad plays. It doesn't matter how far ahead you perceive your team to be.

gi3bnvd

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggris View Post
If you make a mistake at the end of the game on either SR or TT you can very easily lose. The game isn't decided by who wins the most team fights. There are consequences for making bad plays. It doesn't matter how far ahead you perceive your team to be.
I don't like this, I don't think one mistake can result in a loss.
However, it's quite clear that other people do. Majority rules, keep things the way they are, I can live with this.