@RiotTiza eSports in Latin America

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grimm66

03-06-2013

Hi! We are Ricardo Levin and Cristóbal Galguera, members of the League of Legends community. We are from Mexico City, are 20 and 24 years respectively and are very interested in gaming and technology. We’ve been playing LoL for over 2 years now (even got a RP bonus one new year) and, being avid players as we are, we are part of a gaming community in our school. With the help of some friends of ours, we are planning an E-Sport movement starting in our college Tecnológico de Monterrey, which is one of the biggest private universities in México. The idea behind this project is to start developing a bigger and wider gaming community in Mexico (and maybe Latin America even) since it’s not that big of a deal, whereas in the U.S. or Europe for instance, you have massive tournaments and giant audiences for them. We are planning on starting a tournament for different games which are popular between us, including League of Legends.

The reason for this e-mail is simple: we need some kind of help getting bigger. Together, we have at least 15 people who are involved in the project and are currently doing some market and recruiting research for our tournament. We would like to get maybe some type of sponsorship, publicity or even equipment for the event. The plan is to make this happen as of May 2nd where the tournament is supposed to start. We also would like to know if you have any type of requirements for you to give this help we need, restrictions or rules. The marketing research is starting this Thursday 28th and if you need, we can send you our results.

This is, by no means, a tournament the size of regular Season 3 or even the smaller ones. This is just a small event where we would like to get more and more people interested in this type of games and “convert” people into gaming. With your help, we can expand the gaming and League of Legends community and maybe even become something big. We are also open to any tips you might want to give us on improving the quality of our events, because we have many plans for this year.

Thanks for your time; we send our regards to the whole Riot! Team.

Cristóbal Galguera and Ricardo Levin.

RiotTiza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

03-12-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey guys!

This is exactly what the Prized Event system is for! Once you start putting things together and have a functional website, rule set, and format posted, submit the Prized Event form with all the info. Read the FAQ for more info. =)

Some quick things to consider:
-Must give us 30 days' notice minimum (which you're more than covered on)
-Must have a minimum of 8 participating teams
-Prizing only applies to the starting lineup of the top 4 teams (no subs)

Grimm66

03-13-2013

Thanks!!! will do

Torenthal

03-14-2013

Great Idea, good luck!

Grimm66

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torenthal View Post
Great Idea, good luck!
Thanks kind sir

Thefuark

03-22-2013

What a great idea! If you guys need any help you can contact me! My name is Bryan Villarreal and i live in Monterrey, I have a lot of friends that play lol and that would love to participate in a tournament and i can help you gather some more people. Im very interested in gaming and technology too, right now im studying at UVM and i feel that Mexico needs a bigger and better community to get noticed. I would love to help you and i totally support your idea!
Bryan Villarreal - IGN: Thefuark

Grimm66

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefuark View Post
What a great idea! If you guys need any help you can contact me! My name is Bryan Villarreal and i live in Monterrey, I have a lot of friends that play lol and that would love to participate in a tournament and i can help you gather some more people. Im very interested in gaming and technology too, right now im studying at UVM and i feel that Mexico needs a bigger and better community to get noticed. I would love to help you and i totally support your idea!
Bryan Villarreal - IGN: Thefuark
We will add you in game! and we will se from there! thanks for the support.

Xouless

04-08-2013

Hey Ricardo! If you are still looking for any help on this please contact me!

SeleKa

04-10-2013

hi i from uruguay gl guys

vvr

04-10-2013

hey i saw this post and left me wondering
from the faq:
"I want to run a tournament in South America, Korea, China, Russia or Southeast Asian regions. Can you help me with prizing?

Currently, we only support community tournaments in North America and Europe. We are actively working on expanding to new regions so that everyone can receive support from us. We apologize if we cannot support your tournament yet."

everyone involved in the tournament must be in those regions? if i live in the usa can i start an online tournament using the NA server, accept people from south america, and get still get the tournament sponsored by riot?