Age groups

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iJungle111

Junior Member

03-06-2013

Please make it so that que selection puts your age into consideration. Im pretty i am not the only one who is getting annoyed at the crying and trolling that happens in games, and this includes normals as well, as it can be quiet hard getting to level 30 when half of your games is with new 16 year old Black ops players who barely know anything about how MOBAs work.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zomgeist

Member

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJungle111 View Post
Please make it so that que selection puts your age into consideration. Im pretty i am not the only one who is getting annoyed at the crying and trolling that happens in games, and this includes normals as well, as it can be quiet hard getting to level 30 when half of your games is with new 16 year old Black ops players who barely know anything about how MOBAs work.
I agree. I really wish there were age groups in the lower Divisions. Should be age groups until Gold IMO. That seems to be when the quality of character found in players is at the level of a normal person while not on the internet.

Internet just brings out the worst in some people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ladd 06

Member

03-06-2013

I'm 15 and i feel like i usually am one of the few good players on my team, and some trolls are adults too. sure there may be kids my age who troll but you shouldn't stereotype younger ages not all of them are bad


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinjaDog

Senior Member

03-06-2013

I don't think you realize that many of the ragers and trolls are adults. My roommate (age 24) is a prime example. He is actually a better LoL player than me and the one who introduced me to the game over a year ago, but he always rages at his teammates and trolls in the champ select lobby if he doesn't get his way. I can't tell you how many games he has lost because he starts fights with teammates, constantly flames them, or trolls them. It is to the point that I refuse to duo queue with him anymore. This is why he is stuck in Silver V with 0 points, and I am in Silver II.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zomgeist

Member

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladd 06 View Post
I'm 15 and i feel like i usually am one of the few good players on my team, and some trolls are adults too. sure there may be kids my age who troll but you shouldn't stereotype younger ages not all of them are bad
....Stereotypes exist because they serve a function. Obviously nobody is saying ALL kids are trolls, but most of the trolls ARE kids. I would classify anyone who hasn't been independent of their parents (this includes no longer receiving money from them) for at least 2-3 years to still be a kid.

That is when you are FORCED to either learn to be responsible or have a cruddy life. That's also when many people learn to appreciate niceties and manners.

But you are right, some people never learn. I have some real life friends who think trolling is hilarious.

When people generalize, they are doing just that, and it doesn't mean they think the rule is absolute. You should have been taught this in school already, but they don't teach critical thinking in many schools anymore


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

Senior Member

03-06-2013

Team A has 5 14-year olds. All have an Elo of 1201.
Team B has 5 30-year olds. All have an Elo of 1200.

Team A is more likely to win the game than Team B. Your argument is invalid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

noxToken

Senior Member

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDog View Post
I don't think you realize that many of the ragers and trolls are adults. My roommate (age 24) is a prime example. He is actually a better LoL player than me and the one who introduced me to the game over a year ago, but he always rages at his teammates and trolls in the champ select lobby if he doesn't get his way. I can't tell you how many games he has lost because he starts fights with teammates, constantly flames them, or trolls them. It is to the point that I refuse to duo queue with him anymore. This is why he is stuck in Silver V with 0 points, and I am in Silver II.
This! A guy (about 24) I used to work with played LoL. Gold player at that. Criticized every little thing anyone could do. Raged if he didn't ADC in selection. Not a hopelessly toxic person, but he was toxic enough that I don't play with him anymore.

Met a chick on campus (22 IIRC) that played LoL. All she did was whine. She was so melodramatic that I dropped her immediately after that first match.

I don't think enforcing age brackets will do anything for trolls and ragers. If I had to guess, you'd get more trolls and ragers on the lower age side, but I can see ragers (and a sprinkling of trolls) no matter how old people get.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkepticalChymist

Member

03-06-2013

How do any of you know how old people are that play this game. This is ALL assumption based. You don't have the stats to make these blanket statements you are making. (not talking about the specific known examples people are making, which are invalid in this argument anyway)

We don't need age brackets. This is a really stupid idea. I'm 30 by the way. How would you even validate them anyway....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fate000

Senior Member

03-06-2013

So you want to screw over the 14-15 year olds like me that never troll and are all-around positive?
Okay then.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IcedStorm

Senior Member

03-06-2013

great another 18+ thread.
heres the deal the majority of call of duty players are in fact trolls and idiots. they don't however make the entire 11-17 age group also idiots and trolls. that my friends is called stereotyping. remember that? yup it applies to age groups too who knew?


12