new to ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Camohunter

03-06-2013

Hey guys. Im fairly new to ranked. Ive played a few matches and won some and lost some. I would like to move up in tiers and would like advice. I like playing adc and mid nost with the occasional top/jung. I have a fair amount of champions that fut the roles. Please reveiw my history and offer any advice you would like to give. Thank you.

Camohunter

03-06-2013

Sorry for the typos... My smartphone sucks.

Led Disciple

03-06-2013

Hey Camohunter, welcome to ranked.

On reviewing your history, I would try to play a bit more smart, because you do seem to be racking up the deaths on some of your games. On another note, CS (minion kills) is VERY important, try to aim for around 50 near the 10:00 mark, and 100 by the 20:00 mark. If your not grabbing any kills early game, cs will really determine your strength in fights.

I mention this because your cs is quite low for the amount of time that your games are ending. Go ahead and practice in draft mode/blind to cs more efficiently.

Ward up, Cs, Call mia, and you'll dominate your lane.

~ Happy Gaming

Camohunter

03-06-2013

Hey i appreciate it. My recent games too are champs i recently acquired. So i agree i need more practice in all aspects. And i will focus more on last hitting rather than pushing. Thanks again and happy gaming to you.

ownasaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

"I mention this because your cs is quite low for the amount of time that your games are ending. Go ahead and practice in draft mode/blind to cs more efficiently."

That is a major problem people have is maintaining the proper CS.
Its a hard life out in ranked, I have been demoted due to trolls and afks and people who dont know what they are doing.
The key is to keep grinding, practising, and above all else stay calm and focused.

Camohunter

03-06-2013

Alright, so cs is a def weak area for me. Ill focus on that. Thanks guys, keep the suggestions coming.

DaReelSlimShady

03-06-2013

1) there WILL be trolls,leavers,rage quitters,AFKers, and all that. if it happens, just stay calm and play the game out. if they're starting to blame you for stuff that you know you didnt do, just simply ignore them and play the game
2)use the new ping system to your advantage, it's much easier,faster and safer to call a "?" ping than to say "mia" in chat
3)try to find someone who will duo queue with you. this lowers the chance of one random on your team being a troll or AFK'er
4) play cautious if your opponent is agressive, your jungle will come down in time (if he is a good jungler).
5)learn to CS under towers, it's always a useful skill to have. 2 turret attacks +1 auto attack for the melee ones,and 1 turret and 2 auto attacks for the mage ones

GingerStallion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Leave now. So many more trolls in ranked than normals...

Had a nid lload into game, then afk at lvl 1 until auto dc...
Next i get a cait who rage quits at 10 mins when enemy gets a quadra....
Later today someone else will afk or rage..

But GL!

Camohunter

03-06-2013

I tend to.duo.with a buddy in normal games. Hes low level and i spend a lot of time trying to teach him, so some of my games may.reflect that. But trolls dont bother me so much, afkers do bit haven't really ran into many. I notice a lot of elitests, bit hey to.each his own. Ive recently got lux and i really enjoy her. Any tips for her as well? And once again, typing this at work from phone so please excuse typos.

Camohunter

03-06-2013

And many thanks to everyone taking.the time to.respond.