I want my loss forgiven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Coming Evil

03-06-2013

I'd like to assume these 3rd party issues are also affecting the random fps drops that everyone has been making threads about in the past couple of days but this is getting out of hand. I would like to think that Riot would inform the community as to what's causing some players to go from 200 fps down to 10 whenever they enter a teamfight, you can't play with fps drops that massive, yet still nothing has been said.

Elduris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordzenchi View Post
It's amazing that I have only seen one post that explained why people are getting d/c and lag problems. Thanks Aregionius for the info.

What boggles the mind is that we seem to be getting punished for being "unable" to play the game by receiving a loss or leave. What exactly is the threshold for them to implement a "loss prevented/forgiven"?
Hello, lordzenchi!
The downtime last night was unfortunate and many Summoners experienced losses in ranked games because of it. That being said, there are two things I wish to address in this post.

• Loss Forgiveness works like a big, red, "in case of emergency, break glass" button that is only to be touched when servers are literally (read: figuratively) on fire. Last night's outage wasn't caused by Riot, so Riot had no control over it. Some Summoners could still play fine and, since all of NA would be affected, they decided to not press the big, red button.
  • Leaver Buster is an automated system that bans persistent leavers. One or two games caused by service interruption will not cause Leaver Buster to kick in. Instead, Summoners have an invisible Leaver Score (LS) that the system uses to distribute time-out bans for leaving. If you left a game because your service was interrupted last night and were banned because of it, it is because you had a high LS before then.

I hope this has answered your question completely and to your satisfaction. If you want, you can always find out more about Leaver Buster by visiting the Leaver Buster FAQ, which I suggest reading if you haven't already. Take care and happy summoning!

Wert

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Bump!

Tevron

03-06-2013

Since this is a manual thing, I'll manually ask for specific loss forgiveness. My ranked team was in solo queue and three of our five people were automatically disconnected at the loading screen, and then the client failed to authenticate. One of them logged in on the PBE server, so it's not per say an ISP issue, or they wouldn't have been able to log into PBE. Unless I'm confused, in which case please explain.

Thanks.

Havenbrook

03-06-2013

yeah, riot is gone, they have made 3 post claiming it is not their fault, they wont be coming back.

lordzenchi

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elduris View Post
Hello, lordzenchi!
The downtime last night was unfortunate and many Summoners experienced losses in ranked games because of it. That being said, there are two things I wish to address in this post.

I hope this has answered your question completely and to your satisfaction. If you want, you can always find out more about Leaver Buster by visiting the Leaver Buster FAQ, which I suggest reading if you haven't already. Take care and happy summoning!
Sorry but you just wasted a perfectly good explanation on something that doesn't need it or is wanted at all. Leaver system was originally created to counter players who habitually and willingly leave games. Yes, they added in the FAQ parts about "your servers disconnected me" to cover themselves when it came to those situations.

With a good number players unable to reconnect back into their games the other team pretty much got a free win. Doesn't matter who is responsible. If they only intervene when they are directly accountable then it is pretty one sided. How is it justifiable to let the "free wins" stand and give losses/leaves to the others when both parties where affected by this event (FYI even some players on the winning side got a leave)? The only difference is one benefited from it. From the non reaction of Riot to this matter they have probably washed their hands of it so there is really no point discussing it anymore.

Bi11ionair

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Unfortunately, even if it had been a server-side issue, there's not a lot more that could be done.

Loss Prevention can only be activated manually and is only available systemwide, meaning that even if it's only a single server having issues, if Loss Prevention is activated all players receive half bonuses for wins and no penalty for losses. So the threshold for Loss Prevention is fairly high to ensure the least amount of disruption.

Individual account data such as losses, leaves or losing a promotional series cannot be changed, even if a loss is the result of Riot Side server issues. This data is hardlocked to ensure the system is not compromised and is not able to be modified.
Ok that's a ridiculous system, but even if that is the case Loss Forgiven WAS given out during that time, a friend and i were both playing ranked at the exact same time, got disconnected at the exact same time only he has a loss forgiven and, presumably, because i sat there attempting to reconnect until the game ended, actually trying to play, I get a leave and lose LP? really? This is total Bull****.

Kanij

03-06-2013

I had three losses due to people being DC'd during the game. First game I thought it was just a mistake or a duo left. Second game I'm like ??? 2 people dc @ 40 minutes and I'm dropped a tier.

Third game two DC's in 1 minute and team pushes mid with 5 to win in 7 mintues. That's the only loss that was forgiven. Do something.

Elduris

Wrenchman

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordzenchi View Post
How is it justifiable to let the "free wins" stand and give losses/leaves to the others when both parties where affected by this event (FYI even some players on the winning side got a leave)? The only difference is one benefited from it. From the non reaction of Riot to this matter they have probably washed their hands of it so there is really no point discussing it anymore.
I guess they thought that the players having connection issues would stop playing after their first loss. I mean, it is just one loss, nothing to get too upset over, especially since the entire situation was unpredictable.

It's a little late for a server rollback since most players have already won back the LP they may have lost. Yeah, it sucks, and a lot of people were affected, but realistically, there isn't much that can be done, especially now.

WolfgangDoghouse

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakton View Post
omg people so theirs a problem your game, just post it and go outside, you know, where theres sunshine and fresh air
The problem is that this isn't just one incident. -MANY- players, including myself, have been having similar problems since November (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2846899).

My issues started the early February patch and many more people with the Quin patch. Now, there's this. I wasn't affected because I wasn't playing but I definitely agree that those affected players should be awarded the prevented loss.

So, ******bag, I've had plenty of sunshine and fresh air especially since I ride my bicycle to work Monday through Friday and over the weekends to go joring with my dog, Rayne. I have a car but I choose to ride because I like the exercise. Being healthy feels good and I believe its very important.

Maybe when you get to be a big boy and pay for your own rent and food you might understand why someone who worked for their money and chose to put some of it into a game that they enjoy might be upset when Riot's negative business management is affecting their recreation after a long day's work.

Now lets get back to solving the problem. These frustrations are completely relevant and Riot needs to step it up a notch and fix these legitimate concerns.