How to stay alive!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Synfidie

03-07-2013

I'm relatively new...and frankly, I was my teams worst enemy for quite a bit, i would go like 1/15/6 or something. I seriously..died..a lot. I have decreased this dramatically after playing my champs for awhile and find that with experience on them I know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run.

Seriously..you'll get the hang of it and watch your deaths go down. I find whenever I play a new champ I tend to have many deaths as i don't know their "squish" level quite yet or their ranges.

Dog0fWar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashtoir View Post
Thanks for the tips. Does anyone have time to teach me ingame??
You can add me if you want, Ill help you out!
Add Dog0fWar

HenryKrinkle

03-07-2013

If you're dying a lot, just stay near turret and keep practicing your skills on creep. In fact, play a lot of games against the computer. Although you become a better player by playing against people, I think if you're dying like 15+ times its because you just need to give it a bit more time to learn the skills and be comfortable with them

kiddyfiddler12

03-07-2013

i remember when i first started playing, i got like 2 kills and 20 deaths lol. i just played more then you just get better

KevT 66

03-07-2013

i would suggest trying to play VERY very passive. basically try to hit the champs a little and then back off. think about spectating good player's games and pick up some strategy from that. also, experiment with different types of champs and find what role youre best with (middle mage, tank, support, AD carry, jungler, AD bruiser/top laner). once you find the type of champ/role on team you like and want to play..research all the champs you can find in that category and find one you think is good looking or interesting and play it..and play that champ more and more and get used to them. another thing to try is fighting with a teammate. play near or with someone else to help you. and get an escape/survival method..like flash, ghost, barrier, or heal. try to play smart and think about everything you do. also, buy items that are similar to or are the recommended. good luck.

yashtoir

03-07-2013

Thanks everyone for the tips I improved dramatically!! got 6/4/6!!
Using varus really helped me

Gwylym

03-07-2013

I had the same problem when I started. This may sound counter intuitive but what I did was I picked the squishiest champ I could find, any APC really works though, and played solo mid. The reason this helped me is cause you don't have a lot of room for taking damage or getting ganked as a squishy so every time I made a mistake my opponent made sure I was punished for it, which really forced me to learn. Later I started branching out into other champs with a bit more health.

lucky459

03-08-2013

It did help me when I figured out a build pattern and which order to buy things in because at first I was all over the place. Timing is everything in buying and fighting and if you find a pattern that works I'd stick to it and only tweak your overall idea to streamline it. Not everything is best left to what you should do, but sometimes its best to think outside the box.

TehomCD

03-08-2013

One little tip that I'm not sure the tutorial mentions - things that are targeting you get a yellow outline around them. You can use that to tell when enemy minions are attacking you after you hit an enemy champion, or if you're too close to them compared to your own minions. Tanking minions while low level will kill you surprisingly quickly, and is a very common mistake among newer players. The best way to avoid it is to immediately move back after hitting an enemy champion, to try to get any minions that target you to switch back to your own minions.