How to stay alive!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yashtoir

03-06-2013

I have played 5 games and die at an average of 20 times!!! I have tried to stay alive but just cant. Which champion do i select to stay alive more? . I tried jax , Mordekaiser and ryze.
Please help i really like this game and want to get better.
Thanks.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

03-06-2013

You just need to practice and learn. It takes a while for you to get familiar enough with the game to go "uh oh, I have to back off right now or else they can probably kill me." You have to know your own champion's abilities and also your opponents' abilities in order to make this decision. Buying good items is also important; you need items that complement your champion's abilities. Following the recommended items on the shop screen is fine until you have a better grasp on what your options are. And in order to afford those items, you need gold. Make sure you're getting the last hit on the enemy minions; that's the only thing that matters for earning gold from them. Buy some health potions at the start and the first few times you go back, so that you can stay in lane fighting minions even if you take some damage... don't just sit in lane at 250 health or the enemy will surely dive on you and kill you.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

It is not about the champion, every champion (except Vayne and Sona) is able to stay lively during the game, the problem, is that each one requires a different strategy.

If you play Mordekaiser the same way you are playing Jax, then be sure you will die a lot.

The secret is to know when to engage and when to retreat, while also knowing the best form to engage with the champion you are playing.

Also, trying to tower dive someone is always a bad idea.

Delete Teemo

03-06-2013

experience. If you're playing normals, maybe go to co-op to get a better feel for the game,

Hiryuu16

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
Also, trying to tower dive someone is always a bad idea.
This one is common with new players. If you hurt an enemy under their turret, the turret will immediately target you. It deals increasing damage with each hit. As soon as you hear the "bong" of the turret looking in your direction, just run. It's not worth it.

Darxx

03-06-2013

Another I see from a lot of player I play with (low level but more moba experience from dota 2 so i tend to stay alive longer so far) is that they ignore the creeps and keep going straight into the enemy champs looking for kills. The key to remember is don't engage an enemy unless you have an advantage on him! being able to do more damage, having stuns, having another player nearby, his health is getting low, etc. going straight in time and time again from the start of the game means you will probably feed pretty hard. Just sit back, farm some creep waves, and wait for an opportunity

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Put some wards up.

JonnyTapas

03-06-2013

Just keep practicing with focus on not dieing! If you can be killed you likely will, you have to try your best to keep yourself in a situation where you can't be killed.

With that being said you still need to participate, so there will always be risk. You need to keep that level of risk low enough so that the odds are on your side.

BlazingKore

03-06-2013

Other than practice, I recommend hugging the turret. Stay back, farm/last hit minions. If enemy champions approach you, be wary. Bushes, you might want to ward. If you need it, buy more HP items. Depending on your enemies, you mught want to build armor or magic resist items.

For you, I would recommend a long distance champion. Ryze sounds good. Stay back, farm, and build up some good magic resistance items if you're opposing champion is building ability power.

Good luck! And don't worry. I've been there!

yashtoir

03-07-2013

Thanks for the tips. Does anyone have time to teach me ingame??