Riot, please address those of us who can't get past loading screen.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InvalidZod

03-06-2013

I just have a hard time believing something this widespread and still continues to happen despite Riot's fixes is on our end.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

03-06-2013

Hey Zod,

It's alright, I can take the punches. Sorry we missed your case.

In general specific to your point, Wrenchmen are all volunteers and while we do try to get to as many posts as possible, it's not possible to get to every single one.

With 15 million players on an internet-based game, at any given time, there is always going to be a player with a firewall, connection or other network related issue. When I run through the forums, in addition to trying to answer individual posts, I'm also looking at trends and upticks in certain issues to try to identify if there's a problem outside the norm.

When I say I haven't seen anything about this, it's not that your issue isn't important or doesn't exist, it's just that I haven't noticed anything trending at the moment. I could easily be wrong. In any case, it always helps to have more information.

As a side note, please remember that while H&S is primarily intended for player-to-player support, you can always connect directly with Riot Staff at any time by sending in a ticket here, http://support.leagueoflegends.com/a...s_requests/new

Specifically to your issue,

Do you also have netlogs http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...f-legends-logs from a game where this happened. These provide a bit more background than the r3d log in this case.

Also, what happens after your screen goes black and the logo comes up. Do you get a reconnect button, or does it just hang. And where are you connecting from geographically?

InvalidZod

03-06-2013

I understand you guys are all human and volunteers. I went to bed right after I posted and it seems things went terribly wrong somewhere after I did so its quite possible it got pushed to the bottom with a flood of new posts.

Normally I get a black screen that hangs there until the error windows pops up and I hit retry. When this happens I lose the black window and I hear the sound play of the window popping up but it just goes to the LoL and my desktop and I never see the window. It just hangs there for a while and will do so for a long freaking time if I let it. Also it might be of help I am using 2 monitors with LoL only open on 1 of them. It still happens if I dont touch anything after the game starts up but hey any info is useful info.

There are 3 netlogs but 2 of them are completely empty and it wont let me upload them.

Proxiehunter

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
When I say I haven't seen anything about this, it's not that your issue isn't important or doesn't exist, it's just that I haven't noticed anything trending at the moment. I could easily be wrong. In any case, it always helps to have more information.
Half or more of the front page threads in February were on this subject. There is no way anyone paying any attention to this forum what so ever missed this. If our issues are important start acting like it. Issues should see a response in 48 hours or less not a month or more. Further more I'd like to see people stop blaming our computers when the only program there is an issue with is LOL.

celephon

03-06-2013

those post are all over forum..

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3192024

tabla123

03-06-2013

I HAVE FOUND THE CAUSE OF THIS BUG. I can't really articulate it in technical terms however, it appears that those with this bug are those that have clients that download the patch and get stuck at 33%. After a few brief minutes the 33% spikes to 100% and you're able to login to the game. Basically you can't play League of Legends without having all the latest patch data. I came to this conclusion when I had the error at my house and then I went to my friend house who has the same ISP as me and I finally was able to download the ENTIRE Quinn patch. Reinstalling doesn't solve this issue and it should definetly be looked into more in-depth. My Main has issues connecting to the forums, it says that he doesn't have Access. Riot's needs to work on it's networking...

Greenlee19

03-06-2013

i have been having this issue since yesterday http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board....php?t=1083386

idk what happend or why this is happening to me but its not my net and i havnt changed a thing on my end. i pick my character etc just fine but then it wont even attempt to connect to the game. now i have 2 leaves on my account because of this issue i sent in a ticket but if anyone knows whats happening and can tell me how to fix this ill love you forever

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidZod View Post
I understand you guys are all human and volunteers. I went to bed right after I posted and it seems things went terribly wrong somewhere after I did so its quite possible it got pushed to the bottom with a flood of new posts.

Normally I get a black screen that hangs there until the error windows pops up and I hit retry. When this happens I lose the black window and I hear the sound play of the window popping up but it just goes to the LoL and my desktop and I never see the window. It just hangs there for a while and will do so for a long freaking time if I let it. Also it might be of help I am using 2 monitors with LoL only open on 1 of them. It still happens if I dont touch anything after the game starts up but hey any info is useful info.

There are 3 netlogs but 2 of them are completely empty and it wont let me upload them.
You will also get the Firewall error when the game client can't connect with the game server after Champion Select. Often times this is an indication of packet loss or heavy network congestion, preventing the commands from your client from reaching the game servers.

Looking at the log you posted it appears this might be what is going on in your case as well. The best thing to do would be run a Netalyzer when this happens or during peak internet usage, typically between 5PM your local time and 10PM your local time.

http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/

Things to look for in the Netalyzer are high Network Buffers, both up and down. Packet loss, and high latency test results.

InvalidZod

03-06-2013

w00t progress. Looks like we are looking at the cause being high Network Buffers(1100 ms Up and Down).

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidZod View Post
w00t progress. Looks like we are looking at the cause being high Network Buffers(1100 ms Up and Down).
Oh lord....Yea, that will do it every time!

Network Buffers are controlled by the ISP. If you can get a tech on the phone that knows what he/she is doing you can SOMETIMES get them to lower them to a size that won't mess with you, typically under 100ms.