how do you play against rumble

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Al Shabab

03-06-2013

99% of rumbles I have seen are preety bad but we had seen a good one who single handedly owned us because of his sheer dmg and aoe

we tried to spread out but his ult is easy to land in tight 3v3 map

they had jax malphite and rumble

we had riven pantheon and singed

he was behind singed and I was poking a lot of jax and malphite on bot while noobs did not have a jungler

how to fight against such a team and don`t tell me obvious stuff like focus rumble and try to spread out it did not work jax`s stun and malphite`s ultimate give them enough time to deal too much dmg and kill 1 of us every teamfight than for the next 3 secs it is 3v2 (those two have little hp).

ownasaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Watch out for his ult, alot of people will stand in it when they arent used to dealing with a rumble.
Also watch his charge level, his damage is increased at certain levels.
I recommend you play rumble in 3's.
That way when you learn how to play him well, you learn his weaknesses.

Always MIA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

The junior member is right.

If you are having problems against certain champions...play that champion and learn.

PurpleURP

03-07-2013

Don't fight on his ult.

Goggris

03-07-2013

Rumble is one of the most troublesome champions. If we are 2nd pick we ban every time. If we are first pick and nobody feels like playing him we ban him. If for some reason they get a rumble I'd say your best option is to run a poke/disengage comp. Nidalee/Jayce/Whoever. Make sure that full engage fight never happens.

Goggris

03-07-2013

Also please tell me this is a normal game, because I can't fathom how Singed and Rumble were both open.

Luego

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggris View Post
Also please tell me this is a normal game, because I can't fathom how Singed and Rumble were both open.
I'm only mid-silver, but I *never* see Rumble banned. I firstpick him a lot, and find him OP though.

As for countering him, play him like you do blitz - hide behind minions so he can't E you. Pick someone mobile or with displacement, so you can avoid most of his flamethrower.

If he farms with his E, you should be able to dance around and engage once he's used it. Just don't eat a full flamethrower.

If he farms with his flame, he's likely pushing the hell out of the lane. Gank him.

Once has has his 6, you'd better have some MR, and be ready to move hte fight OFF his ult. The damage on it isn't huge - it's the persistent damage that kills.

I'm surprised you're only seeing bad rumbles. You should only really see good rumbles; usually only people that basically main him, play him. I've never understood why he's unpopular.

Oh, and that malphite/rumble combination is a blast. That team should just out-teamfight you all day long. You'll never win fair engages, so you need to splitpush/catch stragglers, etc.