Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I'm now leaving every lobby where people don't talk

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Testman2012

03-06-2013

There is a report for Refusing to Communicate. You can understand why, since people who don't work with the team can ruin the game for everyone else. It ruins it for both sides even, as nobody has fun winning a game where the other side got screwed by a bad teammate.

I don't mind playing with new players. I don't mind playing with good players that are having a bad game or using a new champ. I don't mind playing with kids. I don't mind playing with people that don't speak English. There is no excuse for not typing anything ever to your team, however, when they're trying to communicate with you.

From now on I'm just going to leave in the lobby if someone's not communicating there. It's better to spend 5 minutes doing something else than to be miserable for 20min doing something that was supposed to be fun. There should be some other option around this though.

For example, if somone hasn't typed a thing in the lobby chat after 60 seconds, the players that have typed something should have the option of disbanding the game with the non-communicator being the person who has to sit out 5 minutes.

That way, the person messing it up for everyone is the person who has to sit out. It might even motivate the non-communicators to start saying something like "I'm sorry, I'm new" or "Lo siento, soy nuevo."

In the meantime, I'll just keep being the guy willing to take the 5 minute hit so that the other 3 people don't have to sit through a 20+ minute waste of time. I usually get "Thank Yous." Honor would be better. Best would be punishing the guy who's not talking, instead of the guy willing to sit out 5 minutes for the good the game.

Incontestabil

03-06-2013

i preffer people not chatting than people arguing over roles and flaming each other for previous games
it just means they are content with whatever role they get to play why would this bother you so much?

Amuq the Native

03-06-2013

If you are content with whatever role you get, you can type something like "anything is fine" or even "k."
Not typing anything when asked to is blatant lack of respect for your teammates, and I'm with the OP here, even if I don't necessarily support the solutions he suggests.

meadow

03-06-2013

Actually, by not saying anything in the lobby at all should be defined as "AFK/DC".

Why join a game in the first place if you don't pick anything, say anything or do anything?

Incontestabil

03-06-2013

Quote:
Amuq the Native:
If you are content with whatever role you get, you can type something like "anything is fine" or even "k."
Not typing anything when asked to is blatant lack of respect for your teammates, and I'm with the OP here, even if I don't necessarily support the solutions he suggests.

wait wait wait hold on
nobody said you can refuse to reply to teammates asking you what you want to play or whatever the hell they ask

this guy said he gets upset if noone talks when he joins a lobby which is ridiculous
he should be glad there are no trolls or ragers

pesonally i like to be a smartass when i`m last pick and say "I PLAY WHATEVER TEAM NEEDS OR I AFK"

Quote:
meadow:
Actually, by not saying anything in the lobby at all should be defined as "AFK/DC".

Why join a game in the first place if you don't pick anything, say anything or do anything?

just pick what champion you want according to what roles are left when it gets to your turn to pick
what can you possibly not like about that?

Testman2012

03-06-2013

Oh Jeez...Incontestabil...everyone else seems to get what I was saying.

No, I don't leave if somebody doesn't volunteer to talk. Read my post again...with all of the less-than-perfect players that I'm happy to play with, does it really sound like I'd be that unreasonable?

When you're asking the person to say something though, and they won't say anything back, it's disrespectful and an indication that the game is about to be a waste of minutes. Refusing to Communicate is a report for a reason.

I can understand why the kick feature is hard to implement in a way that it won't be abused. The spammers and trolls suck, but it'd be hard for the game to offer a way to deal with them that couldn't be misused. With communicating, however, it's pretty simple...if the person hasn't typed something into chat then it's pretty cut and dry. Let the other players try to get them to communicate, if they won't, let them get kicked.

meadow

03-06-2013

Look, nothing is wrong with filling the last role.

Not stating your intent of doing so is what is exactly wrong here. What if the person DOESN'T do it at all and claims in the ingame chat: "omg rest instalocked"? Exactly.

Thats why just saying it before or just acknowledging you are not AFK in champ select for teamwork communication is very important.

Incontestabil

03-06-2013

Quote:
meadow:
Not stating your intent of doing so is what is exactly wrong here.

Thats why just saying it before or just acknowledging you are not AFK in champ select for teamwork communication is very important.

why are you finding it so hard for you to cope with your teammates unless they all have a huge VERBAL agreement over who plays what beforehand?

there already is a system to prevent players who are afk to be able to join lobby

Incontestabil

03-06-2013

Quote:
Testman2012:
When you're asking the person to say something though, and they won't say anything back, it's disrespectful and an indication that the game is about to be a waste of minutes. Refusing to Communicate is a report for a reason.

funny enough you all gank up on me and i try to reply onto every one of you
and after i reply to someone else the other one comes in and replies because that is not what they ment lmao
of course that is not what you ment that is because i was replying what the OTHER person in this thread ment

you act like you all agree thou you aren`t

both of the people replying say things like
"Actually, by not saying anything in the lobby at all should be defined as "AFK/DC"."
"If you are content with whatever role you get, you can type something like "anything is fine" or even "k.""
"Why join a game in the first place if you don't say anything"
which is pretty silly

while testman here said he doesn`t like when others don`t answer back to him in lobby
its kinda fair i guess, but maybe the guy isn`t really a jerk, just went downstairs for a drink when he saw he is one of the bottom picks

AJStarhiker

03-06-2013

One of the best games I ever played, no one said a word in champ select. All the roles were filled, no one trolled, and IIRC, the other team fell apart and surrendered.