Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

High elo/competitive Janna build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kthnxbai

Recruiter

11-01-2010

for further reference, zirun is 1882 elo, almost pure janna player

The Promise

11-01-2010

RoA
Mejai's if you are doing well.
Boots of Swiftness
Banshee's or Frozen Heart

IS1589bcde5545b2

11-01-2010

Doran's Ring, after this I prefer going for Rod of Ages to boost survivability and AP a bit. If I were get further I go for Zhonya's for Ap and Survivability.

Sometimes I replace Boots of Swiftness with either Boots of Mobility or Mercury Threads.

Occasionally if team lacks survivability and we have no real tank I might pick up Aegis.

I'm more curious how people prioritize the skills. I usually start with Howling Gale or Shield, maximize Gale or Shield first, and Zephyr last.

Naive

Recruiter

11-01-2010

Quote:
Zirun:
Doran's Ring
Doran's Ring
Doran's Ring
Doran's Ring
Mercury's Treads
Wards x9999

If the game goes past 9999 minutes, replace a Doran's Ring with a Banshee's Veil.

Zirun #1 Janna trust him.
Skill order would be R>E>W>Q. Get 1 Q at level 4 or 2. Howling Gale should only be used for the pop-up, not for damage.

Shin101

11-01-2010

I think your skill order depends on your lane and the enemy team, if you're laning with an ashe or trist, I would say go for shield, for almost anything else I would go for tornado first, zephyr second if your team lacks slows or you're getting chased a lot

Karusan

11-01-2010

Quote:
Ukanlos:
Doran's Ring, after this I prefer going for Rod of Ages to boost survivability and AP a bit. If I were get further I go for Zhonya's for Ap and Survivability.

Sometimes I replace Boots of Swiftness with either Boots of Mobility or Mercury Threads.

Occasionally if team lacks survivability and we have no real tank I might pick up Aegis.

I'm more curious how people prioritize the skills. I usually start with Howling Gale or Shield, maximize Gale or Shield first, and Zephyr last.

Skills depend on what you need at the time. Sometimes you need extra ranks in tornado if you're constantly being pushed to the tower, sometimes you want to max out zephyr first if you want to poke and harass, but 90% of the time, maxing shield is the smart thing to do.

I'm not the best player, but I'd consider myself pretty good and Janna is one of my favorite champs since she came out and was considered to be Eve-tier; I play her way more than I should.

TheYango

11-01-2010

Quote:
Zirun:
Doran's Ring
Doran's Ring
Doran's Ring
Doran's Ring
Mercury's Treads
Wards x9999

If the game goes past 9999 minutes, replace a Doran's Ring with a Banshee's Veil.

This.

Most of the time, you shouldn't even have gold for more than this, because you really shouldn't be taking any creep kills from anyone else on the team (Zirun averages like 28 cs a game). Early-game you should focus on zoning the enemies in your lane (and Janna *should* be in the duo lane), and letting your lane-mate basically free-farm. Mid- and late-game if there are lanes that need to be cleared, you should let your allies do it unless you need to be there to help stop a push.

The only time you'll have enough money for things beyond this is if you somehow randomly picked up a kill or two during a team-fight because your tornado happened to hit someone at low health.

Necks

11-01-2010

Catalyst, mejai's, boots.

That is the generic trinity of items for support champions. You can't go wrong. Janna, Sona, Morgana, etc all start out with this trinity and it works amazingly well.

Upgrade to RoA or Banshee's, get Soul Shroud for the CD reduction and team aura, then focus on building more auras like Aegis of the Legion or whatever your team needs at the moment. That's all Janna needs to be successful.