High elo/competitive Janna build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shriek

11-01-2010

I requests one

Syncopat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2010

yeah me too
i usually go +3 boots,rod,mejai and i usually buy needlessly larg rod for zhonya and game ends
never reached late game as janna

madstermind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

dissonancy

11-01-2010

Get Rod of Ages. Janna isn't very item dependent, but after RoA, get Madreds and Nashor's Tooth. Then get Last Whisper and grab Frozen Mallet.

Zirun

11-01-2010

Doran's Ring
Doran's Ring
Doran's Ring
Doran's Ring
Mercury's Treads
Wards x9999

If the game goes past 9999 minutes, replace a Doran's Ring with a Banshee's Veil.

EFG

11-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissonancy View Post
Get Rod of Ages. Janna isn't very item dependent, but after RoA, get Madreds and Nashor's Tooth. Then get Last Whisper and grab Frozen Mallet.
what is this I don't even

Shriek

11-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by madstermind View Post
So..Catalyst, mejai, RoA/bviel, thats all it goes to =(

kthnxbai

Recruiter

11-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirun View Post
Doran's Ring
Doran's Ring
Doran's Ring
Doran's Ring
Mercury's Treads
Wards x9999

If the game goes past 9999 minutes, replace a Doran's Ring with a Banshee's Veil.
this guy has it right. stop afk farming 10k gold worth of items plz

madstermind

11-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSkyth View Post
So..Catalyst, mejai, RoA/bviel, thats all it goes to =(
Because shockingly, that's all she needs to support her team well. Her worth is in her abilities themselves, and they don't need any additional AP to become more useful because the base is amazing in itself. I see him going deathfire grasp for CDR/nuke and maybe a GA afterwards, and maybe a zhonyas to finish it all off.

If you want a less team dependent build though (lower elo), I'd suggest nashors, B-veil, Boots of Mobility, Zhonyas, Lichbane and GA. Nashors puts you at 40% CDR with runes and masteries to spam and helps down towers your incompetent ranked teammates won't do. Mobility is to whiz around the map saving them tower diving idiotically. Lichbane is to pick up the slack when your 'carry' goes 5 avarice blades (usually 40+ minutes when the team is on the verge of fail.) Not recommended, but fun. Lol

Karusan

11-01-2010

Max CDR and Auras with runes/masteries/items.

Depending on enemy team, I really like locket to keep hp/mp topped off, and I actually go 0/7/23 to get the magic resist and HP Regen mastery in the defense tree, it helps a TON on her survivability and once she completes locket, she never has to bluepill for health. The 15% spell pen trait isn't that good on my build since I don't itemize for AP and Janna's main nuke is easily dodged if you try to charge it for damage. I leave the 15% trait to Annie, Morg, Kass, etc.

Aegis is really good on her if the tank doesnt get it, Soulshroud if he does. Locket Aegis and Soulshroud auras on your team help IMMENSELY. Far more than any amount of AP on janna could do. Mejai's is viable on Janna given the assists she gets but it delays Aegis or CDR or other auras so I don't usually get it unless our team is completely wrecking and I want to take advantage of our situation.

Other honorable mentions are Reverie for speed boost along with another source of CDR if you're not getting Soulshroud, and even Starks for the aura if nobody else is getting it, but its very low priority since it doesn't do much for you.

40% CDR is your ideal goal.

You want max CDR to bubble your carry(ies) and to have monsoon, tornado & slow available at all times to protect them.

I like playing janna as carry babysitter in teamfights, making sure they never die so they can do their job. CDR > Auras > MP/HP Regen > Magic Resist > AP > everything else.

Obviously wards are your job, and I usually take Clairvoyance and cleanse so I can monsoon anytime I need to.
Clarity is decent if you want to skip Locket, and flash is decent if you want to set up ults to knock enemies into your team to have them picked off. Lately I don't really use flash on Janna since I mostly use her to counter AoE teams, and cleanse is a must for this.

I normally have the fewest deaths and the most assists on my team.

Learn how to skillshot the tornado during teamfights to keep enemies away from your carry and save your slow for retreating people so you retain your mobility during fights.