why has the lore declined so much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImGayIRL

03-05-2013

I would even opt to have a champion once every 5 weeks so you can spend a week coming up with cool stories. if we can just bring back the journals and outside interactions between the champions

Atik L Yar

03-06-2013

Because the community is full or lore-haters that Riot feels the need to cater too for some reason.

;.;

Snes C

03-07-2013

The lore has actually improved, but all the improvements are happening behind the scenes. To hear certain Rioters talk, they have some really amazing stories to tell. They just haven't figured out the right way to tell them.

Personally, I'm confident that, however long it may take them, Riot will eventually deliver some lore-centric content that will far exceed anything we've seen before.

Montesque64

03-08-2013

Here here, Snes. Plus, with the champion build ups we've been getting lately, I'd even say we're actually starting to see some improvement on our end as well

PsychoPowerJ

03-11-2013

Basically, the material is there, but Riot lacks the proper means of conveying them properly. I think they should just release a stand-alone RPG game.

LastTestament

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2013

Their trying out methods with these Quinn and ZANU journal things. I think it's meh as if you didn't care about the new champ already those journals will not make you care more beyond its abilities. I think with vi they were trying the dota thing of backstory/in game quotes. This would work for new champs but older ones whose voice actors have died like Nasus, it wouldn't work

Mytos Kunn

03-12-2013

The lore has been in decline since they keep contradicting the older lore when they write new lore.

Singed's and Karma's lore now makes no sense due to the Soraka and WW rewrite.

Shen states he watched his dad tortured for his trail to become master yet in Zed's lore Shen's dad was still the master and ended up being killed.

It's like the lore department is a small child who wandered into a movie halfway through and is trying to piece together what they think happened and what they think is going to happen.

OriginalA

03-12-2013

"Shen states he watched his dad tortured for his trail to become master yet in Zed's lore Shen's dad was still the master and ended up being killed. "

It was never said that Shen's dad was tortured to death. Only that he was tortured. You can be tortured and survive it. This is not a contradiction.

Mytos Kunn

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalA View Post
"Shen states he watched his dad tortured for his trail to become master yet in Zed's lore Shen's dad was still the master and ended up being killed. "

It was never said that Shen's dad was tortured to death. Only that he was tortured. You can be tortured and survive it. This is not a contradiction.
Nice reading comprehension.

I never stated he died from the torture. I stated that in Zed's lore Shen's dad was still the master of the order. In Shen's lore Shen became the master after the trial.

So he was killed in Zed's lore yet was still the master meaning Shen hadn't undergone the trial.

OriginalA

03-12-2013

Sorry, I thought you were making the common mistake and instead I see you are making a whole new one.

------
There exists an ancient order originating in the Ionian Isles dedicated to the preservation of balance. Order, chaos, light, darkness -- all things must exist in perfect harmony, for such is the way of the universe. This order is known as the Kinkou and it employs a triumvirate of shadow warriors to uphold its causes in the world. Shen is one of these shadow warriors, entrusted with the sacred duty of Watching the Stars - exercising judgment untainted by prejudice.

Born to a clan whose members have decorated the ranks of the Kinkou for generations, Shen was trained his entire life to become the Eye of Twilight, and thereupon to dispassionately determine what must be done in the interests of equilibrium. As his final trial to ascend to this position, he was made to attend the Takanu, a ceremony in which his father was tortured before his eyes to test his resolve. Any reaction whatsoever would have resulted in his immediate disqualification, but he never averted his gaze and never blinked, not once. As the Eye of Twilight, Shen must make decisions which would buckle the wills of ordinary men, removing all emotion from the equation. He now works with his fellows Akali and Kennen to enforce the balance of Valoran. This hallowed pursuit has unsurprisingly led the triumvirate to the Fields of Justice.

"The Eye of Twilight sees not the despair of its victims, only the elegance of equilibrium."
------
Nowhere in there says that becoming the Eye of the Twilight makes one "the master".

Furthermore, Shen becoming the Eye of the Twilight does not invalidate his father's title as master. He didn't exactly retire after all.